• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hi, I need Opinions on this thing.

Mr.Pokemon

Wyatt
Years
Hi, I am on the island before the Second Gym. I caught a Level 10 Sableye and a level 10 Makiuhta. (cant spell) Now which one do you think i should raise? Because is the sablye very weak? (cuz i know mukiughta was strong with me before)So yeah, just reply with your opinion!;)

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
I would definitely raise Makuhita. While it has one of the best typings in the game (Dark/Ghost-type has THREE Immunities and ZERO Weaknesses), Sableye has about the same Base stats as the first level of a three-evolution Poke. Even with proper IV/EV training, Sableye has next to nill staying power. A great UU Poke, but nothing more.

Makuhita, on the other hand, evolves into the happy sumo with not only good physical stats, but good HP stats too.

DarkThunder

!\X/=|Zap|=\X/!
Years
shanecdavis said:
I would definitely raise Makuhita. While it has one of the best typings in the game (Dark/Ghost-type has THREE Immunities and ZERO Weaknesses), Sableye has about the same Base stats as the first level of a three-evolution Poke. Even with proper IV/EV training, Sableye has next to nill staying power. A great UU Poke, but nothing more.

Makuhita, on the other hand, evolves into the happy sumo with not only good physical stats, but good HP stats too.
Sableye actually has one weakness. They're weak against Bug types. I'd still raise Makuhita. Sableye has an advantage over the next gym. The only problem is that Dark type attacks are not very effective against Fighting types.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦

I'd train Makuhita since it's more beneficial in the long run. Hariyama is a very good Fighting type to have (although Machamp and Medicham are better in my opinion). But its better than Sableye.

And no, DarkThunder, Sableye is the only Pokemon in the game to have no weaknesses at all. It's not weak against Bug attacks because Ghost is resistant to Bug and cancels it out. But still Sableye's stats are very crappy and you can get much better ghost types later on, like Dusclops or Banette.

�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
I'd say sableye, because it's so much more awesome o.o;

As Karen says in the E4, Strong and weak are just perceptions ;D Use the cool one XD

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
Paul said:
As Karen says in the E4, Strong and weak are just perceptions ;D Use the cool one XD
That's why we always wipe the floor with Karen's Pokes. LOL

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
shanecdavis said:
That's why we always wipe the floor with Karen's Pokes. LOL
No XD

That's just because they make the pokemon games too easy V_V

Years
For beating the gym, use Sableye. Brawly won't be able to touch you as, IIRC, his pokes only know Fighting moves.

Overall, Hariyama's significantly better, but is an incredible pain to train. There are better pokes you can get later on, anyway.

kohei

Pizzaman.
Years
Sableye to get past the Gym, but Hariyama in the long run seems to be a better choice.

But if you are upto the challenge, Sableye is the way to go.

Back