• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animals Or Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkgoten

Pokemon Master
Years
Okay dudes this buggs me allot. Are pokemon basicly animals? I mean in the episode where ash catches a kraby he is afraid thta pro oak would eat it, now i would assume kraby is a crab and thats why proffesor oak could eat it, The second thing ive noticed is that in a few episodes ive seen ash eating chicken, could that chicken be a pokemon? if so thats all wrong because pokemon and ppl live in harmony and they are eating them.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

I'm sure Pokemon are different from normal animals. In Cerulean Gym, there are actual fish in the aquarium rather than Water Pokemon. And in the TCG, smaller animals make cameos in the illustrations of the main Pokemon Of course, Pokemon are obviously the prevalent species in a franchise titled "Pokemon". I mean, it would make no sense to be walking in the grass and bump into a normal rat or sparrow instead of a Rattata or Spearow.

I suppose that if Pokemon were as common as they are, it would be hard not to eat them (like a Miltank or a Farfetch'd or Seaking). We find this disgusting because they are actual video game characters that we have known for a while, but think about it. In the Pokemon world, these creatures would be considered just enhanced versions of everyday farm animals by non-trainers. Unless everyone in the world was a vegetarian, which is unlikely as shown by the anime.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016
Yes they do eat PoKeMoN in the show. It's not talk about a lot but they do.Farfetchd is a rare PoKeMoN becuse human's ate them so much...

Natsuki

.bluefang.
Years
cryztalwing has a point. XD I think it was even pointed out in either the anime or in some description of Farfetch'd that it was considered a delicacy with the leek it carries around. o__O

Anyway, I think Pokemon were meant to resemble animals. And I guess they could be eaten by people...not sure it would be very good to show that in the anime though. XD;

~Kelsey

poke lover

Pokemon Master
Years
Some people in the Pokemon world would eat Pokemon. To most, eating Pokemon would be disgusting. While some tribes might eat them. Just like here in real life, some tribes and cultures eat insects while most of us here would find that duisgusting.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
Years
I think eating Pokemon would be the equivalent to americans eating dogs or cats, we find it disgusting because these animals are domesticated pets, but some places it happens.

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2006
On a separate note, which pokemon would be the most tastey?

I'd say chargrilled charmander

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 31, 2013
They would have to have normal animals in the Pokemon world. Otherwise, why would some Pokemon be classified as "electric mouse Pokemon" or "fang snake pokemon" or "bat pokemon"? If normal animals didn't exist, they probably wouldn't know what a mouse, snake or bat was.

Years
friday13th said:
On a separate note, which pokemon would be the most tastey?

I'd say chargrilled charmander

Eww! grossness! Thats sick... i wouldn't eat a Pokemon if i was paid a millon $... although my nice ate a TCG card and said it tasted like chicken... and guess who it was... Combusken... 0.o

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016
I remember one Johto episode were jessie was starving to death and wanted to turn pikachu into a Pikaburger, instead of capturing it and giveing it to the boss...

DININI

Haruhi#s #1 fun! Join the SOS!
Years
hm...i think pokemon are animals. I never saw an animal in the anime/manga/game.
Also they get milk for miltanks that means miltanks are animals...

joyce : the fluffy pirate~

→ s m i l e .
Years
ehm..not really..
However they don't really talk 'bout them there are some clues..
Like Misty's gym , of on board of the SS.Anne , there are fish

But , I heard ones that May was very hungry and then she said ;
'I could eat a whole Tauros'
But I heard Brock also saying ;
'I swim like a duck'

...o_0

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
Years
Well, I think any sort of farming would be impossible (the MooMoo farm is fine because it just produces milk and I'd imagine the Miltank would be fine with that, but they'd hardly accept being slaughtered). However, as I see it, many Pokémon hunt each other in the wild and find it perfectly normal, so there is no real reason why humans wouldn't sometimes go out and hunt wild Pokémon. Of course the Pokémon could defend themselves, but if they can't, that's life and they quite simply got caught by a predator and were victims of natural selection. Too bad for them.

On the other hand, since there do seem to be some animals in the Pokémon world, I think there would exist normal cow farms, etc.

Years
I think that eating certain pokemon would be ok, just like people eating animals. Like eating Farfetch'd would be ok, if they weren't an endangered species. And James tried to eat a Magikarp raw when they were lost on the ocean.

Pokemon eat each other, just like animals. Like how snorlax tried to eat a goldeen(I think), and -to a lesser extent- how heracross tries to eat bulbasaur. And what do you think scyther do...

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2015
pokemon are more intelligent than animals.. Maybe they're of a different species

~Wind~

Detective
Years
actually pokemon are eaten if you look at a book in sinnoh it says "pick clean the bones of the pokemon" which made me wonder, if they ate legendary pokemon would it end pokemon world hunger???

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yes they do eat PoKeMoN in the show. It's not talk about a lot but they do.Farfetchd is a rare PoKeMoN becuse human's ate them so much...

True that.

Although, kinda sad...since I like Farfetch'd. :/

usami

biohazard
Years
  • Age 33
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 5, 2021
DestinedCailean, please don't post in threads that are over a month old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back