PDA

View Full Version : Help and Request Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

December 17th, 2005, 4:41 AM
I felt it was time for a new thread.

What is allowed in this thread:
Originally written by Dawson
Requesting for somebody to post a chip/charset or other resources that can be ripped straight from games.
Requesting a tutorial or where to find them
Asking how to to perform 'simple' actions
Asking where to get certain programs to help with your game making ie Sprite Converter
Asking for help when your code isn't working correctly

What isn't allowed in this thread:
Requesting somebody to custom make a chip/charset for you
Asking how to make a CBS, CMS, Pokedex etc
Asking for someone to give you one of the above
Asking for someone to make a script just for you
Requesting warez
Asking for someone to post their own code

When you're asking for help, make sure you include the following:
A screenshot demonstrating the problem
Steps taken up till the problem
A thorough and comprehensive layout of text so that it is easy to understand
And what EXACTLY the screen says when the error occurs

NO asking for custom stuff. Your requests will never get replied to and just clutter the thread.

External Links

RPG Maker XP
Information Courtesy of Dawson
www.rmxp.net
www.dubealex.com

RPG Maker 2000/2003
Information Courtesy of Dawson
http://raichu.s41.xrea.com/poke/charset/index.html

Sphere
http://sphere.sourceforge.net/
http://www.spheredev.net

Game Maker
http://gamemaker.nl/
http://www.gamemakergames.com/

-----
Old Thread (http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=45333)

Claire
December 17th, 2005, 5:28 AM
Since Dawson wrote the original rules and you copied most of them, people normally credit the original writers.

Space Guard
December 17th, 2005, 5:55 AM
Can I request some FR/LG Deoxy Back sprites please?

Dragon.Beat
December 17th, 2005, 6:00 AM
Here they are. Don't know if these are what you're looking for though.

December 17th, 2005, 6:02 AM
Since Dawson wrote the original rules and you copied most of them, people normally credit the original writers.
I was going to do that after I modified my post, but I got interrupted while doing so. Credit has been inserted and post reworked.

MasaXGPMat
December 17th, 2005, 6:12 AM
well im glad this thread started a fresh nice job Avatar :cool:

Joey the Cockroach
December 17th, 2005, 6:24 AM
does anyone know where i can get the game making program sphere?

[_DarkDragon_]
December 17th, 2005, 6:52 AM
yes, download it here: http://www.spheredev.net

1. Download Sphere 1.11 Binaries
2. Download Sphere 1.11 DLLs
3. Extract the DLLs to the C:\Windows\System32\ folder
4. Extract the Sphere folder anywhere and use it.

.-'Infernal Hylian'-.
December 17th, 2005, 6:58 AM
Please i need a pokemon catching system, and a pokemon storing system.

Space Guard
December 17th, 2005, 7:39 AM
thanx Dragon.Beat they are exactly what I was looking for! and the right type too!

Dragon.Beat
December 17th, 2005, 9:04 AM
thanx Dragon.Beat they are exactly what I was looking for! and the right type too!
It's great to know that I was of some help.

Please i need a pokemon catching system, and a pokemon storing system.
It's clearly said in the rules that custom systems shouldn't be asked.
I know what I say right now may sound harsh, but honestly, if you want to get a game done, the catching system and storing system are things that you can get done yourself. Really, once you get the original outline planned out for how you can get the things done, it's really a repetition of "thinking," and "doing."

The systems that you've mentioned are honestly pretty easy(coding outline-wise) IMO. I don't know what maker you use, but I sure hope you give it a shot yourself. You'll really learn something; as I did, with the CBS.

.-'Infernal Hylian'-.
December 17th, 2005, 11:21 AM
ok thanks i have already made a pokegear myself.

Jesus Freak Josh
December 17th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Okay, could someone please give me an interior chipset of a plane. Preferably RMXP, Pokmon style. If not available in Pokmon style, could someone give me one and a Chicago city-type chipset?

I would like the plane to be modern as the city.

Thanks,
~ Josh

pokemon500
December 17th, 2005, 1:11 PM
can i get inside tiles for pokemon centers and marts also gyms please for rpgmaker 2003 please and ty

Cursed
December 17th, 2005, 1:35 PM
Pokemon500: Check the resource thread.
Can anyone tell me how much RMXP costs?

DarkDoom3000
December 17th, 2005, 2:36 PM
can i get inside tiles for pokemon centers and marts also gyms please for rpgmaker 2003 please and ty

Ive got them:)
(Attachment)

pokemon500
December 17th, 2005, 2:50 PM
thnxs dark been looking for them

Dragon.Beat
December 17th, 2005, 4:38 PM
We've made a nice start. Let's keep up the "order," guys. XD
I was wondering if anyone had the font for the pokemon names. You know the ones that are shown next to the LV and stuff in the battle. (both in-battle, and pokemon switch screen would be nice.)

Space Guard
December 18th, 2005, 12:29 AM
Cursed, i don't know how much it costs but there is a free demo, it lasts for 30 days. After that then just keep unzipping the file every 30 days! RMXP for free!

[_DarkDragon_]
December 18th, 2005, 2:56 AM
@Cursed - As fas I know RMXP costs 60 dollars or something near that.
@Dragon.Beat - I have that font for sphere format only.

Dragon.Beat
December 18th, 2005, 4:03 AM
']@Cursed - As fas I know RMXP costs 60 dollars or something near that.
@Dragon.Beat - I have that font for sphere format only.
Hey, rather that than nothing. Could you upload it here?

Joey the Cockroach
December 18th, 2005, 4:52 AM
is there any game making program that is free of charge? not like any demo's or trials for 30 days then you have to pay to use it?

Space Guard
December 18th, 2005, 5:52 AM
I got RM2K3 for free, I am sure you can download it somewhere...

[_DarkDragon_]
December 18th, 2005, 5:53 AM
RM2K3 is in theory also illegal :x
The only ones I can remember of that are totally free is Sphere and the free version of Game Maker.

--EDIT--
Here#s the Pokemon name font that appears on battle (the table is using a one pixel border):
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/rpg_man/battlefont.png

credit for ripping goes to me :)

Balladofwindfishes
December 18th, 2005, 6:02 AM
Has a fan game ever been completed... if so, may i have a link to download it... i want to see what one looks like, and play one

Space Guard
December 18th, 2005, 6:04 AM
Oh, I never actually got it though, Adamski148 put it on a CD when I was at his house about 2 months ago!

GymLeaderLance99
December 18th, 2005, 9:27 AM
Does anyone have any Sudowoodo and/or Miltank charsets? Also, does anyone have a complete Marina charset (including SURFing positions)?

rmxpGuy
December 18th, 2005, 9:37 AM
Hi, i was wondering if someone knew where i could find sprout tower with updated ruby/sapphire graphics? Oh and it has to be for rm2k/3 format so i can convert it to sphere, thx.

pokemon500
December 18th, 2005, 3:48 PM
does anyone have a good ripping tut or where i can get one from

Dragon.Beat
December 18th, 2005, 11:20 PM
']RM2K3 is in theory also illegal :x
The only ones I can remember of that are totally free is Sphere and the free version of Game Maker.

--EDIT--
Here#s the Pokemon name font that appears on battle (the table is using a one pixel border):

Thanks. I'll be using it well.

BlueSonic
December 20th, 2005, 8:17 AM
Hey How do i make a battle system that is exact to the one in the pokemon series?

.-'Infernal Hylian'-.
December 20th, 2005, 8:32 AM
we all want a battle system i want a battle system she wants one he wants one. But dude no-one wnats to post it at least not a full one anyway.

BlueSonic
December 20th, 2005, 8:58 AM
Gee Im sorry for asking anyways i got another question. le't just say you walk out of your room to downstairs and your grandma/grandpa says he/she for got your name.Then you get to type your name.then they tell you the proffesof wants you.after that when/if you speak to them again i want them to say something different.How cam i do that.
P.S Im using RPG 2k3
P.P.S I Don't exatly undersand the switches.i know what they do just don't know how to set them.

AmaranthProject
December 20th, 2005, 9:09 AM
What isn't allowed in this thread:
Requesting somebody to custom make a chip/charset for you
Asking how to make a CBS, CMS, Pokedex etc
Asking for someone to give you one of the above
Requesting warez
Asking for someone to post their own code
Do you guys bother reading the first post? It says you cannot ask for a CBS or how to make it.....................................If you want one so bad try Blizzys or Eikichi-kun's, or try to make your own by learning how to script..............

sketch
December 20th, 2005, 3:25 PM
Does anyone know of a free gamemaker that can make super smash bros. type games?It would really help me out!

Joey the Cockroach
December 21st, 2005, 12:27 AM
']RM2K3 is in theory also illegal :x

--EDIT--

thats cool DarkDragon! can i use them? i will give you credit on here! :)

.-'Infernal Hylian'-.
December 21st, 2005, 2:57 AM
Check back a few pages and find out she might have posted it here for that reason.

Muffiny
December 21st, 2005, 3:34 AM
Does anyone have a script or a link to a script for turning an RMXP game into a tactics engine?

.-'Infernal Hylian'-.
December 21st, 2005, 4:35 AM
check out Rmxp.net they might have a system for a tctics game you mean like tactics ogre or fire emblem?

sketch
December 21st, 2005, 6:55 AM
Does anyone know of a free gamemaker that can make super smash bros. type games?It would really help me out!
Umm,can anyone answer my question?

[_DarkDragon_]
December 21st, 2005, 7:13 AM
Sphere can make any type of game. :) [http://www.spheredev.net]

deathscythe
December 21st, 2005, 7:19 AM
Hi,

In RM2K3, there is this dustandgrass battle animation and ! battle animation for creating pokemon game. Now since, I converting my game creation to RPGMXP, I need those battle animation but cant find them.

Can anyone share these two file with me?

Just in case if anyone did not know what batle animation I'm talking about, I've add an attachment to this thread.

sketch
December 21st, 2005, 7:59 AM
I mean is there any game makers that don't need coding?

deathscythe
December 21st, 2005, 8:02 AM
I mean is there any game makers that don't need coding?

If game making doesnt need coding, how can you make them walk and do stuff?
Have you even think of these before even asking??? :cross-eye

sketch
December 21st, 2005, 11:33 AM
Oh,sorry.I mean scripting.I need to find a fighting game maker with not too much scripting.

Space Guard
December 21st, 2005, 11:39 AM
You could use the RM2K3 default battle system. the maps could be menus and you could use the DBS (final fantasy style) for the fights. Just set the MP to full! its the best i can think of!

sketch
December 21st, 2005, 1:33 PM
Umm,is rm2k3 considered illegal here?I'm wanting to make a game really bad with it and I'm not sure.

sketch
December 21st, 2005, 2:41 PM
Sorry to DP but I really want to know if I can make a game with rm2k3!!

Bruno1440
December 21st, 2005, 3:00 PM
Hey can anyone help me? i really want this so..anyone knows a program to create fps games??? i only knows the fps creator but its only a trial version!! if anyone has the crack or someting else please pm me! [email protected]

Minorthreat0987
December 21st, 2005, 6:25 PM
Hey im sorry if i break anyrules by doing this but i was just curiose if someone knew a way i could go about making a Pokemon Like Map for RMXP using scritps....i know it can be done because Blizzy's old Pokemon Shining Gold had one.....please can some one help.

Domin-8
December 21st, 2005, 8:01 PM
I posted this in a thread of mine but was told i should ask here,
Now i know i am new to this board but i have been tyring on charas-project.net for some time now to get red/blue chip sets.
And well i was wondering if anyone had them. If there is already a topic like this then by all means clos it i do not want to populate this board with un wanted threads.
But i do want to know ,agina i know i am being redundant and repetitive, but i was wondering if anyone had red/blue chip sets. Preferbly the blue so i can use it for my Retro Blue game. Also if anyone has theenemy sprties and back of pokemion sprites i would appreciate it very much.

Again i am aware i am new and thsi thread might not see any action because of that but i thought i would still ask politely and see if anyone answered. Tahnks in advace for anyone who helps.

EDIT-- I was just wondering if someone had ripped the graphics. I was not asking for a custom made chip set. Just wanted to make that clear.

Demonic Budha
December 22nd, 2005, 2:22 AM
I posted this in a thread of mine but was told i should ask here,

EDIT-- I was just wondering if someone had ripped the graphics. I was not asking for a custom made chip set. Just wanted to make that clear.

Man some people around here are extremly sad to the new people arent they,
insted of Southern Islands helping you he insted yells at you to put it in here,
Nice one. :disappoin
Anyway, as per your question, if you look in the thread called Resource Thread, you will find on the first post on the first page a whole pile of resources posted my Blizzy containing RMXP and RM2K3 character sets.
That should fill you needs.

OverTheBelow
December 22nd, 2005, 7:39 AM
In the starterkitt, is there any way to change the text colour?

It kind of, doesn't work out for me:

http://img431.imageshack.us/img431/4739/tfgh0cc.png

Domin-8
December 22nd, 2005, 12:22 PM
Why thank you Demonic Budha

EDIT- Umm those are the newere versions, I looked in the GAme Dev Resource thread, and well i actually need the older black&white chip sets. Which is very hard to find that is why i aksed here.

.-'Infernal Hylian'-.
December 22nd, 2005, 12:35 PM
No one should be mean.

Overthebelow i am not too sure about font changing. i think its a hex code that changes the text colour.
Ask Blizzy in a PM

Raccoon
December 22nd, 2005, 4:21 PM
Someone please get me character sets of chars from Pokemon Gold/Silver.
I posted this request in the wrong topic and someone gave me a dutch/german site which was useless as I can't read freaky deaky dutch.
Dawson's links don't work, so if anyone has a lot of character sets from this game i'd give you $100 for them if I could.

Domin-8
December 22nd, 2005, 8:38 PM
Try charas-project.net and put pokemon in the search bar when you get into the complete resources.

.-'Infernal Hylian'-.
December 23rd, 2005, 3:48 AM
Go to the rescourses forum and download the FKcharacters compressed zip file, Extract the files and look and there should be loads of gold and silver charsets.

whenever i teleport the screen never focuses on the her. can anyone help?

December 23rd, 2005, 5:39 AM
I've merged your posts, please try not to double post.

Minorthreat0987
December 23rd, 2005, 7:53 AM
Go to the rescourses forum and download the FKcharacters compressed zip file, Extract the files and look and there should be loads of gold and silver charsets.

whenever i teleport the screen never focuses on the her. can anyone help?

theres really no good answer....its beause your using the starter kit and the resoulution script messes that up....all you have to do is make you map either longer of wider depending one where you want to teleport(liek what direction, if you want down make it longer, if you want left/right then make it wider) like if you map is 20x20 but when you teleport from a map to the right side of the map and you dont see your self for like 5 steps, make the map bigger by 7 steps so that theres stuff behind you, like the map wount start with your sprite....if thats confusing ill try and put it in different words

.-'Infernal Hylian'-.
December 23rd, 2005, 8:45 AM
ok thanks [Noleafclover0987] its a bit of a bummer but thanks at least i no that now.

OverTheBelow
December 23rd, 2005, 9:51 AM
@Link2005 Ah, Thanks anyway, I found it out. It was in the Font* scene. Just pretty hard to find the matching colour :P

.-'Infernal Hylian'-.
December 23rd, 2005, 9:55 AM
ok no problem PM me of you want any help overthebelow.

BlueSonic
December 23rd, 2005, 1:56 PM
How can you link 2 maps together to make a route in RM2k3? e.g City <Connected> Route

Chazzy
December 23rd, 2005, 2:16 PM
oblirator1: If you double click on the map where you want to teleport to make an event, then make it "Touched by Hero" as the trigger condition, double click on the bit where theres a <> and click the number 2, then chose teleport, chose the map you want to teleport to and the postion, the tile you want to teleport to and your done, do the same for the other map to connect um.

BlueSonic
December 23rd, 2005, 3:44 PM
Thanks Chazzy.
Anywas Has anyone got the chipset for mr britney's boat from Rs?
I Need it 4 RM2k3

Prince Kingdra
December 23rd, 2005, 3:47 PM
Can anyone make me a mega man game?

BlueSonic
December 23rd, 2005, 4:04 PM
Dude,you ask for resources NOT games

Neo-Dragon
December 23rd, 2005, 4:43 PM
Has anyone got the Ruby/Sapphire font- the normal font that you put into your WINDOWS folder?

December 23rd, 2005, 4:46 PM
@Neo-Dragon, you can get it from Blizzy's Starter Kit.

Domin-8
December 23rd, 2005, 8:48 PM
Has anyone figured out where to get blue chip sets?

Neo-Dragon
December 24th, 2005, 8:35 AM
@Neo-Dragon, you can get it from Blizzy's Starter Kit.

Yeah Avatar, thats what I was thinking, but the download link for the starter kit doesn't work.

Minorthreat0987
December 24th, 2005, 8:43 AM
here ya go neo-dragon....

its the Pokemon RS font from that starter kit

Blizzy
December 24th, 2005, 10:34 AM
@Link2005 Ah, Thanks anyway, I found it out. It was in the Font* scene. Just pretty hard to find the matching colour :P
font is not a scene, it's a text drawing method for class Bitmap.
as far as i know only 1 color is availlable in the starterkit.
you can fix it by making an extra argument in the definition:
def draw_text(arguments)
i've already fixed that prob in my "game".

']theres really no good answer....its beause your using the starter kit and the resoulution script messes that up....all you have to do is make you map either longer of wider depending one where you want to teleport(liek what direction, if you want down make it longer, if you want left/right then make it wider) like if you map is 20x20 but when you teleport from a map to the right side of the map and you dont see your self for like 5 steps, make the map bigger by 7 steps so that theres stuff behind you, like the map wount start with your sprite....if thats confusing ill try and put it in different words
this is an anoying bug. please delete all resolution scripts and add these:
Win32API

#==============================================================================
# ■ Win32API
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# by Squall [email protected]
# Change the window size
# I must thank cybersam for his mouse and keyboard scripts. they were very
# useful finding some winapi function.
#
# !! this script MUST be on top of all other or the game will crash,
# if you use scripts to enlarge maps!
#==============================================================================

class Win32API
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# - define constant
GAME_INI_FILE = ".\\Game.ini" # define "Game.ini" file
HWND_TOPMOST = 0 # window always active
HWND_TOP = -1 # window active when used only
SWP_NOMOVE = 0 # window pos and sizes can be changed
# - Win32API.GetPrivateProfileString // check your game title in Game.ini
def Win32API.GetPrivateProfileString(section, key)
val = "\0"*256
gps = Win32API.new('kernel32', 'GetPrivateProfileString',%w(p p p p l p), 'l')
gps.call(section, key, "", val, 256, GAME_INI_FILE)
val.delete!("\0")
return val
end
# - Win32API.FindWindow // find the RGSS window
def Win32API.FindWindow(class_name, title)
fw = Win32API.new('user32', 'FindWindow', %(p, p), 'i')
hWnd = fw.call(class_name, title)
return hWnd
end
# - Win32API.SetWindowPos // change window positions and sizes
def Win32API.SetWindowPos(w, h)
title = Win32API.GetPrivateProfileString("Game", "Title")
hWnd = Win32API.FindWindow("RGSS Player", title)
swp = Win32API.new('user32', 'SetWindowPos', %(l, l, i, i, i, i, i), 'i')
win = swp.call(hWnd, HWND_TOP, 240, 240, w + 6, h + 32, 0)

#the line below makes the window on top of all others
#win = swp.call(hWnd, HWND_TOPMOST, 0, 0, w + 6, h + 32, SWP_NOMOVE)
return win
end
# - Win32API.client_size // check the window width and height
def Win32API.client_size
title = Win32API.GetPrivateProfileString("Game", "Title")
hWnd = Win32API.FindWindow("RGSS Player", title)
rect = [0, 0, 0, 0].pack('l4')
Win32API.new('user32', 'GetClientRect', %w(l p), 'i').call(hWnd, rect)
width, height = rect.unpack('l4')[2..3]
return width, height
end
end

Resolution

#============================================================================
# ** Resolution
# By: Near Fantastica
# Date: 16.09.05
# Version: 2
#
# NOTE :: Add the following in the Main after begin
# Resolution.maximize
#

class Resolution
# * define constant
GAME_INI_FILE = ".\\Game.ini" # define "Game.ini" file
HWND_TOPMOST = 0 # window always active
HWND_TOP = -1 # window active when used only
SWP_NOMOVE = 0 # window pos and sizes can be changed
SW_MAXIMIZE = 3
# * Resolution.GetPrivateProfileString // check your game title in Game.ini
def Resolution.GetPrivateProfileString(section, key)
val = "\0"*256
gps = Win32API.new('kernel32', 'GetPrivateProfileString',%w(p p p p l p), 'l')
gps.call(section, key, "", val, 256, GAME_INI_FILE)
val.delete!("\0")
return val
end
# * Resolution.client_size // check the window width and height
def Resolution.client_size
title = Resolution.GetPrivateProfileString("Game", "Title")
findwindow = Win32API.new('user32', 'FindWindow', %w(p p), 'l')
hwnd = findwindow.call("RGSS Player", title)
rect = [0, 0, 0, 0].pack('l4')
Win32API.new('user32', 'GetClientRect', %w(l p), 'i').call(hwnd, rect)
width, height = rect.unpack('l4')[2..3]
return width, height
end
# * Resolution.client_grid // check the window width and height as grid
def Resolution.client_grid
width, height = Resolution.client_size
width /= 32
height /= 32
return width, height
end
# * Resolution.maximize // Maximize Window
def Resolution.maximize
# Setup
max = Win32API.new('user32', 'ShowWindow', 'LL', 'L')
max.call(hwnd, SW_MAXIMIZE)
end
# * Resolution.setwindowsize
def Resolution.setwindowsize(w, h)
swp = Win32API.new('user32', 'SetWindowPos', %(l, l, i, i, i, i, i), 'i')
x = ((1024 / 2) - (w / 2))
y = ((768 / 2) - (h / 2))
swp.call(hwnd, HWND_TOP, x, y, w + 6, h + 32, 0)
end
end
$width, $height = 480, 320
Resolution.setwindowsize($width, $height)
# ** Game_Map

class Game_Map
def scroll_down(distance)
width, height = Resolution.client_grid
@display_y = [@display_y + distance, (self.height - height) * 128].min
end
def scroll_right(distance)
@display_x = [@display_x + distance, (self.width - width) * 128].min
end
end

# ** Game_Player

class Game_Player
CENTER_X = ($width/2 - 16) * 4 # X coordinate in the center of the screen
CENTER_Y = ($height/2 - 16) * 4 # Y coordinate in the center of the screen
def center(x, y)
max_x = ($game_map.width - width) * 128
max_y = ($game_map.height - height) * 128
$game_map.display_x = [0, [x * 128 - CENTER_X, max_x].min].max
$game_map.display_y = [0, [y * 128 - CENTER_Y, max_y].min].max
end
end

::EDIT::
add this one too

class Spriteset_Map
def initialize
width, height = Resolution.client_size
@viewport1 = Viewport.new(0, 0, width, height)
@viewport2 = Viewport.new(0, 0, width, height)
@viewport3 = Viewport.new(0, 0, width, height)
@viewport2.z = 200
@viewport3.z = 5000
@tilemap = Tilemap.new(@viewport1)
@tilemap.tileset = RPG::Cache.tileset($game_map.tileset_name)
for i in 0..6
autotile_name = $game_map.autotile_names[i]
@tilemap.autotiles[i] = RPG::Cache.autotile(autotile_name)
end
@tilemap.map_data = $game_map.data
@tilemap.priorities = $game_map.priorities
@panorama = Plane.new(@viewport1)
@panorama.z = -1000
@fog = Plane.new(@viewport1)
@fog.z = 3000
@character_sprites = []
for i in $game_map.events.keys.sort
sprite = Sprite_Character.new(@viewport1, $game_map.events[i])
@character_sprites.push(sprite)
end
@character_sprites.push(Sprite_Character.new(@viewport1, $game_player))
@weather = RPG::Weather.new(@viewport1)
@picture_sprites = []
for i in 1..50
@picture_sprites.push(Sprite_Picture.new(@viewport2,
$game_screen.pictures[i]))
end
@timer_sprite = Sprite_Timer.new
update
end
end

Bruno1440
December 24th, 2005, 12:51 PM
I need a city tilesets like new york and more.. please help!

Minorthreat0987
December 24th, 2005, 2:56 PM
font is not a scene, it's a text drawing method for class Bitmap.
as far as i know only 1 color is availlable in the starterkit.
you can fix it by making an extra argument in the definition:
def draw_text(arguments)
i've already fixed that prob in my "game".

this is an anoying bug. please delete all resolution scripts and add these

hey when i do that i get this error
i dont know exactly what it means but i know it has to do with the Map zoom i dont know how to fix it tho.....

Blizzy
December 24th, 2005, 3:12 PM
']hey when i do that i get this error
i dont know exactly what it means but i know it has to do with the Map zoom i dont know how to fix it tho.....
i forgot to add spriteset_map.
i dont know why it gave that line of error.
probably something wrong in the spriteset_map in starterkit

GymLeaderLance99
December 24th, 2005, 7:56 PM
Does anyone have a FR/LG Cave Chipset with a Waterfall for RM2K/3?

DarkDoom3000
December 25th, 2005, 1:45 AM
Does anyone have a FR/LG Cave Chipset with a Waterfall for RM2K/3?

Here this is one (I added the waterfall :))
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/488/cave15zk.png

pokemon500
December 25th, 2005, 3:10 PM
is there a starterkit for rpgmaker 2003

Sorye HK
December 25th, 2005, 11:50 PM
is there a starterkit for rpgmaker 2003
There're loads of menus lying around here on the forums, and well there's a sample CBS in the group CBS thread.

GymLeaderLance99
December 26th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Thanks, DarkDoom, but what would I do about a Waterfall animation within the chipset?

shortz
December 26th, 2005, 2:37 PM
Does anyone got any finished scripts for RPGXP on the original pokemon games like the Menu and battle system?

DarkDoom3000
December 26th, 2005, 5:18 PM
Thanks, DarkDoom, but what would I do about a Waterfall animation within the chipset?

just open it up in RPGmaker 2003

just place it where you want the waterfall to be

and when you play the game it automatically animates itself!(water going down)

RenegadePrime
December 26th, 2005, 7:45 PM
I've got a fairly large request... since they're kind-of hard for me to pull off (stupid World Maps!!!)...

If someone could take some time and design some Advanced Generation-style Maps (think like Town Map) for Johto and the Whirl Islands, I would seriously appreciate it.

Sorye HK
December 26th, 2005, 7:55 PM
Does anyone got any finished scripts for RPGXP on the original pokemon games like the Menu and battle system?
Well, Blizzy did make a starterkit for pokemon games, but.. I'd think that you'll need to ask him before use.

[_DarkDragon_]
December 27th, 2005, 3:31 AM
I've got a fairly large request... since they're kind-of hard for me to pull off (stupid World Maps!!!)...

If someone could take some time and design some Advanced Generation-style Maps (think like Town Map) for Johto and the Whirl Islands, I would seriously appreciate it.

u mean like this one?
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/rpg_man/world_20map.png

RenegadePrime
December 27th, 2005, 5:49 AM
Holy s***... that is **** good.

Osceola
December 27th, 2005, 6:10 AM
1. Does anyone have a link to the Starter Kit?
2. In RPG Maker XP, how do I connect 2 maps together?
3. How do I make a person in the game, and give it movement and text?
4. How do I make links to the insides of houses?
5. How do I add the PokeGear? (I mean insert, not the script.)
6. The PokeDex?(I mean insert, not the script.)
7. Add PKMN?
8. How do I insert the charsets that I downloaded?
9. How do I edit and make a title screen?
10. How do I add Oak's prologue in the beginning?
11. I am using RPG MAKER XP and how do I add day and night?
(I mean insert, not the script.)
12. How do I add a start and save menu?
13. Where do I get the tilesets, are those taken from the game, or are they charsets too?
14. IS IT SOMEHOW RELATED TO ROMHACKING? BECAUSE I HAVE EXPERIENCE IN ROMHACKING....
15. Someone help me!!!

[_DarkDragon_]
December 27th, 2005, 6:17 AM
wasn't it easier to say: can anyone make the game for me? :x
go read some rpg maker xp tutorials, as well as RGSS that will solve most of your problems.

and this has absolutely nothing to do with rom hacking.

Osceola
December 27th, 2005, 6:28 AM
1.Can you just tell me?!
2. They don't help with anything about Pokemon Game Development!
3. PLZ JUST TELL ME!

[_DarkDragon_]
December 27th, 2005, 6:57 AM
1. No, I can't tell you because you come from the Game Hacking forums, and that's the problem with most of the people who come from there, they are used to just take Nintendo's games and change them, here it si different. You have to make your own.
2. No, they help with stuff in general, you can't expect that someone is gonna make a RPG Maker XP tutorial only for pokemon, you learn the general stuff and adapt it to pokemon as everyone else here did.
3. Now that's being noobish, asking the question once is enough.

Bruno1440
December 27th, 2005, 7:42 AM
Well im making a game called destructions of war (FPS) and i need some scripts! if anyone could help me please post here!

Scripts that i need:

-A Costum HP BAR
-A Costum map
-A Custom image that has the the balls!

How do i want?

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d107/Bruno1440/TESTE.jpg
the ball i know how to do but not on scripts! the 16 is the current ball (SP) and the 50 is the max of balls( SP max) if anyone knows how to make that script!
I will give lots of credits sure!

well if anyone wants to help please post!
:D

Osceola
December 27th, 2005, 8:54 AM
I have one question though..2 actually.

1. How can I have a title screen?
2. How do I insert the charsets from FireRed that I got?
3.THAT'S ABOUT IT!

Matt12345678
December 27th, 2005, 10:39 AM
I have one question though..2 actually.

1. How can I have a title screen?
2. How do I insert the charsets from FireRed that I got?
3.THAT'S ABOUT IT!

1. Go to Tools, then choose Database. Select the tab that says System. Find the bar that says Title Screen and choose your image.

2. Go to Tools, then choose Resource Manager. Select Graphics/Characters on the left-hand side. Select Import on the right and find the image that you want. Left click the color that you want to be Transparent (invisible), and right click the color that you want to be Translucent (see-through).

[_DarkDragon_]
December 27th, 2005, 1:17 PM
meh, now it's me who has a question:

Does anyone know what framerate is used by RPG Maker 2003 for the animations? I am using a RM2K3 to Sphere converter and I need to know the speed of the animations for them to play at the right rate on Sphere :x

DarkDoom3000
December 27th, 2005, 7:19 PM
dose anyone have a characterset of the female hero of Crystal "Maria" i think is her name

I have the male hero, but i cant find the female one :dead:

NeoBlade
December 28th, 2005, 2:37 AM
das anyone know how to change the battle-damage calculating formula in rmxp??

Budgie_boy
December 28th, 2005, 7:21 AM
']meh, now it's me who has a question:

Does anyone know what framerate is used by RPG Maker 2003 for the animations? I am using a RM2K3 to Sphere converter and I need to know the speed of the animations for them to play at the right rate on Sphere :x

I honestly don't know, but in RMXP I think you can adjust the framerate to what you want.

Anyway, I have a question:
How do you import RMXP data from one project to another?
EG. Maps and map data from Project 1, to project 2...

sceptilerancher
December 28th, 2005, 7:49 AM
can someone help me

my problem is when ever i try to run my sphere game a pop up comes up saying an error has occured and it asks me do i want to send an error report

GymLeaderLance99
December 28th, 2005, 9:24 AM
DD3000, it's time I returned the favor. :) Here's the Marina charset that rm2k3kid made. Give credit to him.

Silon
December 28th, 2005, 9:35 AM
Hey Y'all! Quick help question!

Well. When I had the trial version of RMXP, some of my buildings and stuff wouldn't work. (W/ Starterkit) IE: Where most people would be able to walk behind trees, and behind the edges of rooves, my guy would walk over them! Ohnoes! Any help? :/

http://img314.imageshack.us/img314/7468/pokemonctrivieratown3tt.png
Riviera Town
= Bad Spots =
2 Story House's Roof
Trees beside that house
Random fence pieces
Some of the rocks
2-3 pieces of the lab. :/

Domin-8
December 28th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Again I ask. Does anyone have the slighest idea of where to get red/blue chipsets and chara set.

Bruno1440
December 28th, 2005, 12:02 PM
who can help me??? anybody here is a good ripper?? i need some graphics from a game called call of duty 2 to mobile phone!! i need some charsets and tilesets!! oh and the balls!! well if anyone could help please put here the graphics ripped! here is the site:
http://wireless.ign.com/objects/779/779058.html

Rm2k3Guy
December 28th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Again I ask. Does anyone have the slighest idea of where to get red/blue chipsets and chara set.
Fire red and Leaf green are alot better check the resources thread
fanking omega made an awesome johto tileset in firered style and avatar has made character sets awesome ones too but you need to get his
permission first ask him through PM
Hey Y'all! Quick help question!

Well. When I had the trial version of RMXP, some of my buildings and stuff wouldn't work. (W/ Starterkit) IE: Where most people would be able to walk behind trees, and behind the edges of rooves, my guy would walk over them! Ohnoes! Any help
Ah your tilesets need to be set up so heres a guide
X = Impassable such as a wall
O = Passable Things like Grass
To walk behing its Priority 3
Thats what i use and it works fine :)

DarkDoom3000
December 28th, 2005, 1:45 PM
DD3000, it's time I returned the favor. :) Here's the Marina charset that rm2k3kid made. Give credit to him.

Thanks!!!!

I realy needed that!!:):):):)
(I already giving him credit!)

Domin-8
December 29th, 2005, 10:59 AM
I know there is firered amd leaf green.
But to be blunt that is not what i am asking for. If i wanted those i would have got them from the other site that i go to. I need red/blue for a game i am making.
it is called pokemon RETROBlue ( the retro is not all caps mind you i wanted to put emphasis on it) So i want to utilize the older graphics.

Sorry if that sounded like i was really pushy.

[_DarkDragon_]
December 29th, 2005, 11:34 AM
who can help me??? anybody here is a good ripper?? i need some graphics from a game called call of duty 2 to mobile phone!! i need some charsets and tilesets!! oh and the balls!! well if anyone could help please put here the graphics ripped! here is the site:
http://wireless.ign.com/objects/779/779058.html

balls sounds wrong, don't u mean bullets? :S

Silon
December 29th, 2005, 1:14 PM
Could someone take the Full Johto tileset from the starter kit, and add things from R/S/E and FR/LG? Aswell as some more trees and buildings?

Bruno1440
December 29th, 2005, 1:40 PM
']balls sounds wrong, don't u mean bullets? :S

yeah sorry for the error!Do you know anyone that could help me??

Ryu_Strider
December 29th, 2005, 5:21 PM
quick question:

Could having too many events on the map slow the game down? I have looked every where and could not find the answer.
Thanks in advance!

Strider

Sorye HK
December 30th, 2005, 1:27 AM
quick question:

Could having too many events on the map slow the game down? I have looked every where and could not find the answer.
Thanks in advance!

Strider
Yes. Especially if there're too many parallel, and auto starts.

AssassinX
December 30th, 2005, 6:56 PM
Im kinda new here but, um , Im making a poke'mon game on rm2k(i know im kinda old fashioned) im like 0% done does anyone know where I can get some Pokemon chipsets,charasets,ect and maybe a battle system

Sorye HK
December 30th, 2005, 7:06 PM
Im kinda new here but, um , Im making a poke'mon game on rm2k(i know im kinda old fashioned) im like 0% done does anyone know where I can get some Pokemon chipsets,charasets,ect and maybe a battle system
For the resources, check the resources thread. There're loads believe me. For the CBS, you could download the old battle system demo. Good luck on your game.

Joey the Cockroach
December 31st, 2005, 5:06 AM
ive got a few sprites that i want to upload onto the game resources. i cant though, because its a BMP! i cant save to any other filetype! ive tried adding .png or .jpg to it and it wont upload! does anyone know?
(sorry if this shouldnt be here.)

also, anyone got the outside tilesets for pokemon ruby and sapphire?

Sorye HK
December 31st, 2005, 5:31 AM
ive got a few sprites that i want to upload onto the game resources. i cant though, because its a BMP! i cant save to any other filetype! ive tried adding .png or .jpg to it and it wont upload! does anyone know?
(sorry if this shouldnt be here.)

also, anyone got the outside tilesets for pokemon ruby and sapphire?
Can't MS Paint save as a .png? You could upload as a zip file if you really want to.

Joey the Cockroach
December 31st, 2005, 5:54 AM
thanks, that really helped! i didnt know you could save it as a .zip!

Alexandre
December 31st, 2005, 7:32 AM
im using blizzy's starter kit. how would i change the battle script in Scene_Battle3 so when i got to pokemon it actually lets me swith heros/pokemon i battle?

Space Guard
December 31st, 2005, 11:49 AM
does anyone have a opening-door.wav file? it would be really apreciated!!

Robbie
December 31st, 2005, 1:56 PM
Does anyone know where to get/have the various 'system' sounds, like when you select menu items, open the menu, open the map, bump into objects like trees and walls, open doors, etc?

AssassinX
December 31st, 2005, 2:09 PM
the old battle system? where could i download it?

Waudby
December 31st, 2005, 3:09 PM
Old battle system, be more specific, battle system for wat?

AssassinX
December 31st, 2005, 3:43 PM
i was asking were i could get a pokemon battle system and someone said i could get the old CBS

Chazzy
December 31st, 2005, 4:04 PM
well technically your not allowed to ask for a CBS as stated in the rules, but then again your asking for the old CBS... (Dunno if your breaking the rules there :S)

Well i think you should do what most people try to do, which is make it yourself !
Learn to code e.t.c it's not that hard... after you get started :P just time comusuming..

Waudby
December 31st, 2005, 4:19 PM
Well wat program do u want the old cbs for? ie Rmxp,rm2k3 ,Sphere, etc!

Robbie
December 31st, 2005, 4:41 PM
does anyone have a opening-door.wav file? it would be really apreciated!!

Here you go.

I found a way to rip sounds, so ignore my previous post.

NeoBlade
January 1st, 2006, 3:23 AM
How can you change your variables in rmxp??
i only can change there names, but i cannot do anything else with them:S

Sorye HK
January 1st, 2006, 3:25 AM
How can you change your variables in rmxp??
i only can change there names, but i cannot do anything else with them:S
Change, as in change as values? If so, you could just use RGSS, or use the commands to change the values.

NeoBlade
January 1st, 2006, 3:48 AM
and can you give an example how i change them??
(i do know a bit rgss but have no clue on how to change variable-values)

Sorye HK
January 1st, 2006, 3:51 AM
Well, I'll explain them with events. Open up an event, and double click on the first line. Skim through the commands until you find the command which handles variables. Change it there.

AssassinX
January 1st, 2006, 9:25 AM
well technically your not allowed to ask for a CBS as stated in the rules, but then again your asking for the old CBS... (Dunno if your breaking the rules there :S)
I did'nt ask for one I asked where i could get one.. lol

AssassinX
January 1st, 2006, 9:26 AM
oh and its for rm2k
but serously how long would it take to make one im kinda new to this stuff(even though i have quite a few games finished)

Illusion
January 1st, 2006, 10:24 AM
It would help me very much if someone had the WIN32OLE script in rgss, not the c file that is found here (http://homepage1.nifty.com/markey/ruby/win32ole/win32ole-0.5.2.zip) or if someone knows how to use this c file with rmxp...
(I know this script isn't in rmxp since when I do WIN32OLE.new it doesn't work.)
Illusion

[_DarkDragon_]
January 1st, 2006, 12:21 PM
I did'nt ask for one I asked where i could get one.. lol
what's the difference?

oh and its for rm2k
but serously how long would it take to make one im kinda new to this stuff(even though i have quite a few games finished)
If you know how the game mechanics work it won't take much time but if you are using an RPG Maker other than XP and you dunno how to code in RGSS then it will take ages.

GymLeaderLance99
January 1st, 2006, 12:28 PM
Does anyone have an ice-gym chipset for RM2K3? I need it so I can map Mahogany Gym.

AssassinX
January 1st, 2006, 12:30 PM
rgss ? Ok ya im deffinetly clueless ... Huh... ya could you pm me about that

Waudby
January 1st, 2006, 2:54 PM
rgss is the scripting language in Rpg maker xp! Its not the easiest thing to use it takes ages to script if i was u i wud use sphere as it is easy as the scripts are shoter and easire to understand!

Chazzy
January 1st, 2006, 3:36 PM
Right i need the experience bar to go with this
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a349/knightchaz/HPBarMain50.jpg
(i need the whole exp bar each bit of it :P)

Thanks in advanced

halfling2
January 1st, 2006, 6:02 PM
OK, this might sound dumb but how do you take screenies?

Sorye HK
January 1st, 2006, 8:39 PM
OK, this might sound dumb but how do you take screenies?
Press the "print screen," key on your keyboard when you want to take the screenshot. Then go into a paint program; edit>>paste. (or at least that's how you do it in MS Paint)

Blizzy
January 2nd, 2006, 4:33 AM
It would help me very much if someone had the WIN32OLE script in rgss, not the c file that is found here (http://homepage1.nifty.com/markey/ruby/win32ole/win32ole-0.5.2.zip) or if someone knows how to use this c file with rmxp...
(I know this script isn't in rmxp since when I do WIN32OLE.new it doesn't work.)
Illusion
i have no clue what win32ole does,
but i think you need to do this:

require 'Win32OLE'

Press the "print screen," key on your keyboard when you want to take the screenshot. Then go into a paint program; edit>>paste. (or at least that's how you do it in MS Paint)
use
ALT + Print Screen
then paste it in paint
CTRL + V

deathscythe
January 2nd, 2006, 4:42 AM
hey! how you all make the pokemon world map? is there a tileset for it?

hope someone reply to this rather than ignoring, as like my first post in this section.

[_DarkDragon_]
January 2nd, 2006, 4:59 AM
no, you have to make it in paint, here's the stuff you are going to need:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/rpg_man/b9ea2f82.png

deathscythe
January 2nd, 2006, 5:04 AM
hmm.. this is going to be a hard one. i just hate using paintbrush.
anyway, thanks for the reply.

i'll try use this and see what i came up with. ;)

.-'Infernal Hylian'-.
January 2nd, 2006, 6:15 AM
thats actually a useful rescource darkdragon i can use this too.

Minorthreat0987
January 2nd, 2006, 9:18 AM
i dont know if this is allowed here....but...

i am lookin to start a sphere pokemon game....but i really havent a clue where to start....i heard javascript is easier to use than RGSS so i want to test it out.........i want to knwo where i can get a good javascript tut..and maybe a little support help......and what is this
"game"script that you need to run a sphere game???????? if it would be possible could i get a "game"script

Please help :confused:

[_DarkDragon_]
January 2nd, 2006, 9:44 AM
you don't get a "game" script. It's actually called "Main" script and you create it by creating a new game in Sphere then creating a new script and calling it main, it will save as "main.js" then inside the script you need to create a new function called game so:

function game() {
blablabla
}

but you better learn how to code in JavaScript and Sphere first, if you go to the help menu in the Sphere program there's quite a number of links to Sphere tutorials and docummentation, the following links should also be helpful:
http://www.w3schools.com/js/default.asp
http://rapidshare.de/files/10267081/sphere.chm.html

I also advise you to use the sphere_gl.dll graphics drivers for any game you make as they are the ones that work the better with all games :P

Ryekai
January 2nd, 2006, 10:39 AM
Hey I would like to know how to import or replace the default title screen with an animated .gif picture for my game. I really need help on it.

EDIT: oh I mean that I don't want that RPG XP's screen I want to put my .gif title screen in there.!!

[_DarkDragon_]
January 2nd, 2006, 11:13 AM
I don't think you can make animated gifs play on rpg maker xp

Tyler
January 2nd, 2006, 11:25 AM
Blizzy you dont need to hit Alt and Printscreen at the same time you can jsut hit print screen and paste it.

[_DarkDragon_]
January 2nd, 2006, 11:49 AM
ALT + PRINT SCREEN = only the selected window

PRINT SCREEN = the whole screen

dan48
January 2nd, 2006, 7:28 PM
Does anyone have battle backrounds. or can you give me a link to them. I need the ones for rm2k3

aribo
January 3rd, 2006, 5:09 AM
can somebody post the firered/leafgreen tiles here...
you know the one ripped form elitemap
outside and inside please

i realy need them so as we say in holland: "alvast bedankt"

.-'Infernal Hylian'-.
January 3rd, 2006, 6:52 AM
look in the rescources thread.

jonasschneider
January 3rd, 2006, 1:15 PM
Hi all,

does anybody know how I can do a "grid" system, where the player simply can move around in a map grid like in Pokemon?
Sorry if its a n00b question, but I found nothing about that...

Thanks!

Jonas

[_DarkDragon_]
January 3rd, 2006, 1:51 PM
telling us what program you are using would help.

kaihachi_mishima
January 3rd, 2006, 8:16 PM
I downloaded the v2 Starter kit and the font doesnt show how do i fix htis?

Sorye HK
January 3rd, 2006, 8:37 PM
Put the font included in the starter kit into your Font folder.

jonasschneider
January 4th, 2006, 7:36 AM
']telling us what program you are using would help.

its sphere (of course :D)

Silon
January 4th, 2006, 8:08 AM
Thankies for that Overworld Map thing Dragon. I had deleted it after I found it on Serebii. :P There's an example of what it can make in my siggy. <3<3 <random> Siiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggyyyyyyyyyy. </random>

jonasschneider
January 4th, 2006, 1:16 PM
Hi all,

i have an image, lets say 64*64. It is a tileset with 16*16 tiles.
is there a tool who splits the image up into the single tiles and converts the background color (could be specified?) into transparency, so can easily import them into my tileset in sphere? *puuh, long sentence*
Hope at least some of you understand what I mean *llz*

Thanks,

Jonas

[_DarkDragon_]
January 4th, 2006, 1:28 PM
Sphere has an option to "Import image as tileset" where it will ask you for the size of the tiles and the transparent color, look closer at the menu ;)

Cursed
January 4th, 2006, 3:08 PM
Can anyone tell me the online script for RMXP? Yes, I have the full version.

[_DarkDragon_]
January 4th, 2006, 3:46 PM
and for the Sphere tile movement system you can just crate a new script called "tile_movement.js" with the following code:

RequireSystemScript("time.js");
/**
Tile movement script
To use you have to do:

RequireScript("tile_movement.js");
SetUpdateScript("UpdateMovement()");
*/
var g_still_to_move = -1;
var g_last_command = -1;
var g_allow_movement = true;
var g_tile_movement = true;
var g_keys_pressed = new Array();
function AddKey(key)
{
g_keys_pressed.push(key);
}

function RemoveKey(key)
{
for (var i = 0; i < g_keys_pressed.length; i++)
{
if (g_keys_pressed[i] == key)
g_keys_pressed.splice(i, 1);
}
}

function UpdateTileMovement()
{
var person = GetInputPerson();
if(g_allow_movement)
{
if (g_keys_pressed.length > 0)
{
if(g_still_to_move <= 0 && IsCommandQueueEmpty(person))
{
var delta_x = 0;
var delta_y = 0;
var move_command = COMMAND_WAIT;
var face_command = COMMAND_WAIT;
if (g_keys_pressed[g_keys_pressed.length - 1] == KEY_UP) move_command = COMMAND_MOVE_NORTH;
if (g_keys_pressed[g_keys_pressed.length - 1] == KEY_RIGHT) move_command = COMMAND_MOVE_EAST;
if (g_keys_pressed[g_keys_pressed.length - 1] == KEY_DOWN) move_command = COMMAND_MOVE_SOUTH;
if (g_keys_pressed[g_keys_pressed.length - 1] == KEY_LEFT) move_command = COMMAND_MOVE_WEST;
switch (move_command)
{
case COMMAND_MOVE_NORTH:
face_command = COMMAND_FACE_NORTH;
delta_y = g_tile_movement ? (GetTileHeight() / GetPersonSpeedY(person)) : GetPersonSpeedY(person);
delta_y *= -1;
break;
case COMMAND_MOVE_EAST:
face_command = COMMAND_FACE_EAST;
delta_x = g_tile_movement ? (GetTileWidth() / GetPersonSpeedX(person)) : GetPersonSpeedX(person);
break;
case COMMAND_MOVE_SOUTH:
face_command = COMMAND_FACE_SOUTH;
delta_y = g_tile_movement ? (GetTileHeight() / GetPersonSpeedY(person)) : GetPersonSpeedY(person);
break;
case COMMAND_MOVE_WEST:
face_command = COMMAND_FACE_WEST;
delta_x = g_tile_movement ? (GetTileWidth() / GetPersonSpeedX(person)) : GetPersonSpeedX(person);
delta_x *= -1;
break;
}
if (move_command != g_last_command)
{
QueuePersonCommand(person, face_command, true);
g_last_command = move_command;
}
if( !IsPersonObstructed(person, GetPersonX(person) + delta_x, GetPersonY(person) + delta_y) )
{
g_still_to_move = Math.max(Math.abs(delta_x), Math.abs(delta_y));
}
}
}
}
if(g_still_to_move > 0 && IsCommandQueueEmpty(person))
{
switch(g_last_command)
{
case COMMAND_MOVE_NORTH:
QueuePersonCommand(person, COMMAND_FACE_NORTH, true);
QueuePersonCommand(person, COMMAND_MOVE_NORTH, false);
g_still_to_move -= 1;
break;
case COMMAND_MOVE_EAST:
QueuePersonCommand(person, COMMAND_FACE_EAST, true);
QueuePersonCommand(person, COMMAND_MOVE_EAST, false);
g_still_to_move -= 1;
break;
case COMMAND_MOVE_SOUTH:
QueuePersonCommand(person, COMMAND_FACE_SOUTH, true);
QueuePersonCommand(person, COMMAND_MOVE_SOUTH, false);
g_still_to_move -= 1;
break;
case COMMAND_MOVE_WEST:
QueuePersonCommand(person, COMMAND_FACE_WEST, true);
QueuePersonCommand(person, COMMAND_MOVE_WEST, false);
g_still_to_move -= 1;
break;
}
}
}

function TileWarp(x, y, layer, map)
{
var width = 0;
var height = 0;
if (IsInputAttached())
{
var base = GetPersonBase(person);
width = base.x2 - base.x1;
height = base.y2 - base.y1;
}
x = (GetTileWidth() * x) + (GetTileWidth() / 2) + Math.floor( (width/2) - (GetTileWidth() / 2));
y = (GetTileHeight() * y) + (GetTileHeight() / 2) + Math.floor( (height/2));
Warp(x, y, layer, map, x, y);
}

function Warp(x, y, layer, map, x, y)
{
ClearPersonCommands(person)
if (IsInputAttached())
{
if (typeof(map) == typeof("string")) ChangeMap(map);
if (typeof(layer) == typeof(0) && layer >= 0) SetPersonLayer(person, layer);
if(GetPersonDirection(person) == "north")
{
if (typeof(x) == typeof(0)) SetPersonX(person, x);
if (typeof(y) == typeof(0)) SetPersonY(person, y);
}
else if(GetPersonDirection(person) == "south")
{
if (typeof(x) == typeof(0)) SetPersonX(person, x);
if (typeof(y) == typeof(0)) SetPersonY(person, y + (GetPersonSpeedY(person)/2));
}
else if(GetPersonDirection(person) == "west")
{
if (typeof(x) == typeof(0)) SetPersonX(person, x + (GetTileWidth() / 2));
if (typeof(y) == typeof(0)) SetPersonY(person, y - (GetTileHeight() /2));
}
else if(GetPersonDirection(person) == "east")
{
if (typeof(x) == typeof(0)) SetPersonX(person, x - (GetTileWidth() / 2) + (GetPersonSpeedX(person)/2));
if (typeof(y) == typeof(0)) SetPersonY(person, y - (GetTileHeight() /2));
}
}
}

function Move(name, command, tiles, immediate)
{
switch (command)
{
case COMMAND_MOVE_NORTH:
QueuePersonCommand(name, COMMAND_FACE_NORTH, immediate);
for (var i = 0; i < GetTileHeight() * tiles; ++i)
QueuePersonCommand(name, command, false);
break;
case COMMAND_MOVE_SOUTH:
QueuePersonCommand(name, COMMAND_FACE_SOUTH, immediate);
for (var i = 0; i < GetTileHeight() * tiles; ++i)
break;
case COMMAND_MOVE_EAST:
QueuePersonCommand(name, COMMAND_FACE_EAST, immediate);
for (var i = 0; i < GetTileWidth() * tiles; ++i)
break;
case COMMAND_MOVE_WEST:
QueuePersonCommand(name, COMMAND_FACE_WEST, immediate);
for (var i = 0; i < GetTileWidth() * tiles; ++i)
break;
}
}

function FacePlayer(person_name)
{
var directions = ["north", "northeast", "east", "southeast",
"south", "southwest", "west", "northwest"];
var opposite_directions = ["south", "southwest", "west", "northwest",
"north", "northeast", "east", "southeast"];
var direction_index = -1;
if (IsInputAttached())
{
var player_direction = GetPersonDirection(GetInputPerson());
for (var i = 0; i < directions.length; ++i)
{
if (directions[i] == player_direction)
direction_index = i;
}
if (direction_index > -1)
{
SetPersonDirection(person_name, opposite_directions[direction_index]);
}
}
return (direction_index > -1);
}

function RandomMovement()
{
var person = GetCurrentPerson();
var random_movement = Math.floor(Math.random() * 4);
var random_tiles = Math.round(Math.random() * 5);
switch(random_movement)
{
case 0:
Move(person, COMMAND_MOVE_NORTH, random_tiles, true);
break;
case 1:
Move(person, COMMAND_MOVE_SOUTH, random_tiles, true);
break;
case 2:
Move(person, COMMAND_MOVE_EAST, random_tiles, true);
break;
case 3:
Move(person, COMMAND_MOVE_WEST, random_tiles, true);
break;
}
}

function GetPlayerTileName()
{
if (!IsInputAttached())
return "";
var player = GetInputPerson();
var pixel_x = GetPersonX(player);
var pixel_y = GetPersonY(player);
var layer = GetPersonLayer(layer);
var tile_x = pixel_x / GetTileWidth();
var tile_y = pixel_y / GetTileHeight();
if (x < 0 || y < 0) return "";
if (x >= GetLayerWidth(layer) || y >= GetLayerHeight(layer)) return "";
var tile_index = GetTile(x, y, layer);
var tile_name = GetTileName(tile_index);
return tile_name;
}

Then create a new spriteset and delete the unused directions (SE,NE,SW and NW) and on your "main.js" script put:

RequireScript("tile_movement.js");
function game() {
CreatePerson("name", "spriteset.rss", false);
AttachInput("name");
AttachCamera("name");
BindKey(KEY_UP, "AddKey(KEY_UP)", "RemoveKey(KEY_UP)");
BindKey(KEY_DOWN, "AddKey(KEY_DOWN)", "RemoveKey(KEY_DOWN)");
BindKey(KEY_LEFT, "AddKey(KEY_LEFT)", "RemoveKey(KEY_LEFT)");
BindKey(KEY_RIGHT, "AddKey(KEY_RIGHT)", "RemoveKey(KEY_RIGHT)");
SetUpdateScript("UpdateTileMovement()");
MapEngine("startingmap.rmp", 60);
}

that's really the basics, the original tile_movement.js was written by Flikky, I added things such as the tile warp, etc (which flikky helped me doing as well) so credit goes to me and to him. You can find the original tile_movement script on the spheredev forums.

jasonresno
January 4th, 2006, 4:19 PM
One question: How should I go about making a battle system? I have no idea how..for a pokemon game.

[_DarkDragon_]
January 4th, 2006, 4:37 PM
well, first you don't specify te software you are using and second it takes a book to explain how to make a battle system.

jasonresno
January 4th, 2006, 5:02 PM
NVM I figured it out, I'm using RMXP.

Now my other question is:

When I go to enter my hero's name in the game none of the text appears..

Sorye HK
January 4th, 2006, 9:44 PM
Maybe it's because you don't have the proper font for the game.

Budgie_boy
January 5th, 2006, 2:11 AM
Here's a question (not to be cheeky):

How can you prove you have made stuff without people saying that you have stolen someone elses resources?

It's just that I'm being *accused* (strong word, I know) of stealing one of the most famous tilesets known and passing it off as my own. I have only ripped my own and put it in the layout of that persons resources.

I am sincerely sorry if anyone feels offended by this post.

Datriot
January 5th, 2006, 2:30 AM
Hm...well, for ripped resources I don't think there's any solid proof if you've stolen it or not.
Because let's say for example person A and B.
Person A ripped all the Sonic grapics from Sonic Battle.
Person B then wanting Sonic Battle graphics ripped the graphics without knowing it's already been done, then he might share it, but people will think he just stolen it from the previous person A.
So yeah, is there really a way to prove it? I'm not sure...

[_DarkDragon_]
January 5th, 2006, 4:52 AM
ye, the thing is if most of your tiles are in the same location as the other tilesets tiles then it seems suspicious.

Budgie_boy
January 5th, 2006, 5:39 AM
Oh right I get it now, so if I copy the exact same layout as someone else then it would be more difficult to prove that My resource are my own?

Ok, does it mean I will need to do a personalized layout for every resource I create so that it doesn't look like a stolen version of someone elses resource?

[_DarkDragon_]
January 5th, 2006, 6:04 AM
nonononono, what I mean is that imagine u use the RMXP layout, if for example first row has
[grass][weed][rock][whatever][bla][more bla][blabla]

then the second row has something else

if the other tileset has the same order of tiles then people will think that you stole it. I always prove that sprites are mine by placing a sequence of pixels of a certain color somewhere in the sprite so that people don't notice it but I know exactly where to search (for example use colors very similar to white so people don't see it but it's there)

Budgie_boy
January 5th, 2006, 6:07 AM
Ahh, do you mean I should try something like a code or secret signature, so that if someone tried to steal my own I could prove it was mmy own resource.

[_DarkDragon_]
January 5th, 2006, 6:10 AM
ye, but as for proving that the tileset you gave me is yours I have no idea how you can do it, maybe there's some software that analyses 2 images and tells you the % of similarity between them XD

Yuoaman
January 5th, 2006, 9:35 AM
how can i put people on the map without ruining it

[_DarkDragon_]
January 5th, 2006, 10:03 AM
I assume you are talking about RPG Maker XP, there should be something on the menu to import resources, you need to import charsets, you can find some on the resource thread, they must be RMXP charsets, not RM2K or RM2K3. Then after you import them and define the transparent color go to database and edit the first character so that its sprite is the charset you want. If you want to put people around you ust create an event using a charset that you imported.

jonasschneider
January 5th, 2006, 10:15 AM
Hello,

do you know a good battle system for sphere as a simple .js file to download?
Thanks,

Jonas

[_DarkDragon_]
January 5th, 2006, 10:23 AM
if you are going to make a pokemon game in sphere you have to leanr javascript and make your own battle system, the only 2 people here who know javascript well is me and boodasack and only booda has a battlesystem (I haven't made mine yet) and he's not gonna give it to you. If you are expecting to make a game just by using other people's script then you can give up on sphere now.

jonasschneider
January 5th, 2006, 12:24 PM
i think i can program and code in javascript, because I have 5 years of experience using it. The only thing I must learn is the Sphere Javascript API. I didnt found any tutorials/refernces about that yet, so I want to look at the scripts of some other people, so I understand the API and can make my own Scripts.

Minorthreat0987
January 5th, 2006, 12:47 PM
is javascript used to make things unpassable in sphere??/is so is there a code someone can give me if not ill continue reading the javascript tuts i have found.....thank you

jonasschneider
January 5th, 2006, 12:56 PM
']is javascript used to make things unpassable in sphere??/is so is there a code someone can give me if not ill continue reading the javascript tuts i have found.....thank you

is it based on an event or should one tile on the map simply be unpassable? If last, you can do it in the map editor: right-click on the tile, click properties. Then "edit obstructions". There you can select "unpassable" from the drop-down box. Click OK twice.

If not, try searching tuts :P

Jonas

jasonresno
January 5th, 2006, 12:58 PM
I'm using RMXP, and when I go to "enter hero's name" none of the text appears.

Help please.

DarkDoom3000
January 5th, 2006, 1:21 PM
i think i can program and code in javascript, because I have 5 years of experience using it. The only thing I must learn is the Sphere Javascript API. I didnt found any tutorials/refernces about that yet, so I want to look at the scripts of some other people, so I understand the API and can make my own Scripts.

so you were 7 when you started sphere??

[_DarkDragon_]
January 5th, 2006, 1:43 PM
no, he is saying that he was 7 when he started learning Javascript, but if you are so good with javascript I see the problem, you can see sphere's own functions and commands if you go to help in the menu and then local docummentation it takes you to a folder with documments on all of sphere's own functions and commands. Getting the Sphere help file at the Sphere resources thread at spheredev.net forums will also help.

Minorthreat0987
January 5th, 2006, 1:47 PM
is it based on an event or should one tile on the map simply be unpassable? If last, you can do it in the map editor: right-click on the tile, click properties. Then "edit obstructions". There you can select "unpassable" from the drop-down box. Click OK twice.

If not, try searching tuts :P

Jonas
that didtn work for oen i didnt see a "unpassable" chose i saw "blocked" but i clicked that and it did ntohin....might it be bacause i didtn save to tileset to the map? if not ill look at a tutorial......

[_DarkDragon_]
January 5th, 2006, 2:22 PM
hum
maybe cause you have to set starting position on the right layer cause blocking tiles only work on the same layer the hero is in, so if you put the hero on a different layer it wont affect it.

jayhopper10
January 5th, 2006, 9:30 PM
I have a request for a Pokemon Catching System tutorial for rm2k3.

tdata
January 5th, 2006, 11:28 PM
I request this be made into a subforum and have a sticky with the answers to the questions EVERYONE seems to ask... It is hard to navigate this thread...

Sorye HK
January 5th, 2006, 11:32 PM
I request this be made into a subforum and have a sticky with the answers to the questions EVERYONE seems to ask... It is hard to navigate this thread... You'll have to notify Avatar for that kind of thing.

I have a request for a Pokemon Catching System tutorial for rm2k3.
You're not allowed to ask for custom systems in this thread, mate.

Demonic Budha
January 6th, 2006, 3:23 AM
Hey i got a request for an admin (or a mod if they have the power) is there anyway to make the rules more eye peircing to nobbies, like making it flash or make it like really bold (like size 40) or something.
just cause i recenlty went into a newbs post and they get like 9 replys saying "youre not alloud to do that im telling mummy on you", and i just thought i would request that it be made more obvious.

[_DarkDragon_]
January 6th, 2006, 3:37 AM
like making it flash or make it like really bold (like size 40) or something.
just cause i recenlty went into a newbs post
hahahahahahaha, funneh. It is obvious just that:
1. Noobs never read the rules. - if they do goto 2.
2. If they read the rules they still won't get it. - if they get it go to 3.
3. If they get it then they ain't noobs anymore. Just normal people interested in learning how to make a game. :)

jonasschneider
January 6th, 2006, 3:44 AM
so you were 7 when you started sphere??

no, not sphere, but javascript. It sounds false, but it is.

jonasschneider
January 6th, 2006, 3:47 AM
']no, he is saying that he was 7 when he started learning Javascript, but if you are so good with javascript I see the problem, you can see sphere's own functions and commands if you go to help in the menu and then local docummentation it takes you to a folder with documments on all of sphere's own functions and commands. Getting the Sphere help file at the Sphere resources thread at spheredev.net forums will also help.

thanks!!!!
yeah i found it

Jonas

EDIT: Sorry for dbl post

Auriok_Steelshaper
January 6th, 2006, 7:32 PM
ok, i have a bunch of pictures that i need in 256 colours. could someone change them to 256 colours without having that annoying colour loss problem.

Thanks

jasonresno
January 6th, 2006, 7:54 PM
BIG HELP NEEDED

1)Text STILL does not show up when the "enter hero's name" box comes up

2)How do I make an intro like in the GBA games, where it is a blank screen with the professor talking to you?

Sorye HK
January 6th, 2006, 7:56 PM
BIG HELP NEEDED

1)Text STILL does not show up when the "enter hero's name" box comes up

2)How do I make an intro like in the GBA games, where it is a blank screen with the professor talking to you?
1) It doesn't work even when you change the font?

2)I think you'll need to use a video file, or a bunch of consecutive images.

jasonresno
January 6th, 2006, 8:06 PM
How do I change the font?

Sorye HK
January 6th, 2006, 8:19 PM
How do I change the font?
Check out the tutorial in the tutorials sub-forum. It's better than me telling you.

Randomjagged
January 6th, 2006, 8:51 PM
Yay Fixed it!(I requested help for some troubles with coding) anyway i have a question... dont cal me a noob but how do you change the colour of fonts and windows in rmxp like with system sets in rm2k3?
Plz resopnd quickquickquick!

PS. yay im post 200!

jasonresno
January 7th, 2006, 4:43 PM
O.K. I fixed the font dealio.

I'm thinking of changing my game to where you aren't even going to go through that whole shpiel.

Cursed
January 8th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Can anyone tell me the online script for RMXP? Yes, I have the full version.
As above. Does anyone know it?

kaihachi_mishima
January 8th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Anyone know where i can found the hoenn regions tilesets for rmxp?

Ryu_Strider
January 8th, 2006, 5:09 PM
Does anyone have a tileset of the Game Corner from FireRed or LeafGreen for RPGMaker XP? Thanks in advance.

Strider

Demonic Budha
January 8th, 2006, 5:44 PM
Does anyone have a tileset of the Game Corner from FireRed or LeafGreen for RPGMaker XP? Thanks in advance.
Strider

I can get it for you if you give me about 2 days.

dan48
January 8th, 2006, 5:56 PM
Does anyone know where I can find facesets for all the pokemon, for rm2k3. I need them for my game Pokemon Rise to Destiny.

If you have them can you post them or a link to a site that has them.

Hyphen
January 8th, 2006, 9:34 PM
can someone post all the GSC character sets for rmxp in the resources thread?

EDIT: actually, nevermind

[_DarkDragon_]
January 8th, 2006, 11:14 PM
@dan48 - you could go to filb.de and go to their pokedex, it has the torouze faces which I guess could be used as a face for the faceset, or you could try and find somewhere where they've ripped all faces from Pokemon Misterious Dungeon.

Budgie_boy
January 9th, 2006, 12:17 AM
Anyone know where i can found the hoenn regions tilesets for rmxp?
I'm Making a Hoenn Tileset, I'lll give you it once I'm finished! =)

Hyphen
January 9th, 2006, 12:27 AM
where can i get some pokemon character sets like the ones used in the mapping tutorial?

Budgie_boy
January 9th, 2006, 12:37 AM
where can i get some pokemon character sets like the ones used in the mapping tutorial?
I think that They are Avatar's Charsets (Not Sure though).
You have to PM him asking for permission and if you use them you must give him credit.

Demonic Budha
January 9th, 2006, 1:56 PM

Strider

Ive posted it in the resource thread.

Ryu_Strider
January 9th, 2006, 3:43 PM
Okay Thanks for the help Demonic Budha. I appreciate it.

Strider

Hyphen
January 9th, 2006, 7:20 PM
Can someone post all the rmxp autotiles?

like the ones for all the different kinds of paths and stuff. Basically all the ones that were in the old resources thread.

Sorye HK
January 9th, 2006, 8:43 PM
http://www.phoenixgamez.com/ Try there. That isn't all, but most that you'll need IMO.

kaihachi_mishima
January 10th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Anyone have tilesets for the hoenn region?

Demonic Budha
January 10th, 2006, 1:01 PM
dose anyone actully LOOK in the other threads (ie the resources thread)
You may find that there are resources in the resource thread.

Pokepearl
January 11th, 2006, 8:24 AM
Ik maak ook een spel met Sphere, maar ik kan niet zo goed scripten... Is er iemand die met mij de game wil maken (en kan scripten) ? Ik heb al 3 mappen, en er komen zo weer wat bij! De game heet Pokemon Tropical Orange! Als je wilt helpen (hoeft niet pers scripten), PM dan, of voeg toe:

[email protected]

Rm2k3Guy
January 11th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Ik maak ook een spel met Sphere, maar ik kan niet zo goed scripten... Is er iemand die met mij de game wil maken (en kan scripten) ? Ik heb al 3 mappen, en er komen zo weer wat bij! De game heet Pokemon Tropical Orange! Als je wilt helpen (hoeft niet pers scripten), PM dan, of voeg toe:

[email protected]
No offence but if you want help talk in english

Budgie_boy
January 11th, 2006, 11:23 AM

[email protected]
I have no clue exactly what he said but I think it's along the lines of:

"I'm using Sphere but I'm no good at scripting... Is there anyone who can help me make a game (and can script)? I have 3 mappers/maps and ...........!
The game is Pokmon: Tropical Orange! If you can help (only those who script as well) PM me, or on MSN:

[email protected] ([email protected][/quote)"

I hope this helps everyone else....

Pokepearl
January 11th, 2006, 11:37 AM
THnx!

And a little question:

If i open an map in sphere, there isn't a tileset...???

"I'm using Sphere but I'm no good at scripting... Is there anyone who can help me make a game (and can script)? I have 3 mappers/maps and ...........!
The game is Pokmon: Tropical Orange! If you can help (only those who script as well) PM me, or on MSN:

[email protected]"

[_DarkDragon_]
January 11th, 2006, 11:53 AM
you have to create the map and import an already created tileset.

Pokepearl
January 11th, 2006, 12:04 PM
I know, i hav ea few maps, and with the same tileset, but now, if i open an already created map, there i'sn't a tileset:S

[_DarkDragon_]
January 11th, 2006, 12:08 PM
but is the map black or does it keep the tiles? and when you say there isn't a tileset do you mean the tileset window doesn't appear?

Pokepearl
January 11th, 2006, 12:16 PM
In the map, are already buildings, trees etc.
And yes, the tileset window doesn't open...:(

kaihachi_mishima
January 11th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Well I looked at the resource thread but it doesnt have what Im looking for I need tilesets for like not sure which version is this but it has Rustboro City or was it Golden Rod not sure...but it was in the Hoenn region...

Domin-8
January 11th, 2006, 1:05 PM
does anyone have tileset maker by chance? I need help with something. I can't remeber the site i got it from.

Budgie_boy
January 12th, 2006, 12:32 AM
THnx!

[email protected]"
No problem, is it swedish that you speak? I know a little bit of a few different languages (but not portuguese, spanish or chinese/japanese).

does anyone have tileset maker by chance? I need help with something. I can't remeber the site i got it from.
I have never heard of such a program.... www.crankeye.com (http://www.crankeye.com) might have some reources for you to use, but that all I know about tileset makers...

[_DarkDragon_]
January 12th, 2006, 4:23 AM
GraphicsGale Free Edition is all you need to create tilesets because it suports multiple layers, grid and it was made on purpose for spriters needs :P

Demonic Budha
January 12th, 2006, 1:47 PM
lol i just use paint for mine....

rebellee1187
January 12th, 2006, 5:03 PM
Does anyone have an RMXP Tileset for the emerald version, with, you know, practically everything on it? I know they exist for FR/LG (but I don't like FR/LG graphics), but are there any for Emerald?

Thanks in advance. Remeber, XP!

Cursed
January 12th, 2006, 5:21 PM
Look in the resources thread.

limy85
January 12th, 2006, 10:27 PM
What are the controls cause i made a pokedex but i don't know how to get it up in my game?

Alexandre
January 13th, 2006, 1:50 AM
how do you change the button to open the menu in RMXP?

limy85
January 13th, 2006, 4:33 AM
dats wot i wanna know aswell.

rebellee1187
January 13th, 2006, 8:14 AM
Does anyone have an RMXP Tileset for the emerald version, with, you know, practically everything on it? I know they exist for FR/LG (but I don't like FR/LG graphics), but are there any for Emerald?

Thanks in advance. Remeber, XP!

Well, I got the one in the resources thread, but when I use it, the blackness still shows behind the stuff (no matter what level I use it on). How can I correct this?

Cursed
January 13th, 2006, 6:52 PM
You didn't set the transparncy correctly.

Minorthreat0987
January 14th, 2006, 7:51 AM
has anyone heard of RPG Maker Xp Postality Knights Edition Enhanced?

i was looking around and i found it........it said it was an upgrade to RM2k3 so i downloaded it....(just tying to keep my game makin skills [mapping and event codin] up to par incase i but the legal RMXP version which i plan on doing)....has anyone heard of that tho....i was just wonderin because it pretty much rmxp..........

Alexandre
January 14th, 2006, 8:19 AM
no its another translation of rpg maker xp with extr features when it says its an upgrade to rm2k3 it just means then new version in the rpg maker series

BlueSonic
January 15th, 2006, 2:26 AM
Can some One make The Charset For the doors off FR/LG?
Also can it be made for RGP2k3

GymLeaderLance99
January 15th, 2006, 2:12 PM
Does anyone have a Lance charset for RM2K3? I got to the Lake of Rage in my Gold remake and I need it.

Matt12345678
January 15th, 2006, 4:52 PM
in map editing (RMXP) when I am editing lower layers, i can't see the above layers... I would normally see a transparent image of it....

D-jo4000
January 15th, 2006, 6:09 PM
I know this is kind of a newbish question, but how do I use frames in Rpg2003

Dream Illusionist
January 15th, 2006, 11:26 PM
in map editing (RMXP) when I am editing lower layers, i can't see the above layers... I would normally see a transparent image of it....

It's simple. You just need to go to View, and then seect the "All Layers" option and tic the "Dim other Layers" option (for the other layers to come out transparent-like) :)

Matt12345678
January 16th, 2006, 3:53 PM
It's simple. You just need to go to View, and then seect the "All Layers" option and tic the "Dim other Layers" option (for the other layers to come out transparent-like) thank you! :) im too stupid to think about what the options mean.... :P

~Amethyst_Callista_Moon~
January 16th, 2006, 4:08 PM
Okay, this is kind of a stupid question, but...

Once I've imported some Pokemon Chipsets, how exactly do I start using them? You know, because they didn't come in the RTP. (RM2K3, that is).

diarugapal
January 16th, 2006, 7:06 PM
does anyone have dwm (dragon warrior monsters) resources?

Dream Illusionist
January 16th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Okay, this is kind of a stupid question, but...

Once I've imported some Pokemon Chipsets, how exactly do I start using them? You know, because they didn't come in the RTP. (RM2K3, that is).

After you imported the chipset, you need to go to the "Database" (the little icon to the left of the "Import and Export Resources" button).
There, you go to the category "Tileset", and you'll see there will be 5 chipsets to start. Select array size to make more chipset slots. Then, on an empty slot, import the pokmon chipset (Tileset File). Now, you have to take care of the tileset priorities and blocking.
You'll see it will have an upper layer and a lower layer categories: you must edit both:

You select the passability option, and choose if its blockable, walkable, or if the character goes under that tile (a priority)
The O is passable
The X is blockable
The * is priority
Select Apply then Ok to save what you changed.

Then, on the map, you just need to swap the regular chipset with your own.

:) Hope you got it.

limy85
January 16th, 2006, 11:49 PM
Hi how do i make screenshots?

Budgie_boy
January 17th, 2006, 1:03 AM
Hi how do i make screenshots?
Easy, all you need to do is press Alt+Print Screen
What are the controls cause i made a pokedex but i don't know how to get it up in my game?
I'm not too sure exactly what you mean by that, what you need to do is make a Pokedex system using RGSS (RMXP), Lots of Events (RM2k/3), Javascript (Sphere). I'm currently working on a Pokdex script with RGSS but failing at a few parts...
As soon as I have one that works I will see what I can do to help you too.

BTW does anyone know how to make rgss look at an "outside folder".
I want to be able to put sprites from different folders in my Pokdex and CBS system...