• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need help with sprites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2015
I need suggestions on how to improve my sprite recolors. I have two examples of what I've done.

PWN.jpg

Recolor.jpg

Years
Ofcourse .JPG is no file format I'd recommend for sprites, I'd recommend .PNG or even .GIF (if you wish to implement image transparency aswell.)

Otherwise you've done a nice attempt on the Moltres. However, your backsprite could use a bit of adjusting, try taking any backsprite from the GBA games and observe its structure; take note of the shades of colours used, how exactly it was shaded and how you could use the same kind of techniques on your own revamp. Basically doing the same thing as your Moltres.

Make sure you pick your colour palette carefully aswell, I'm aware that Crystal/Marina (or however you wish to call her) has no 32-bit sprite to use as reference, but it is worth a try atleast.

Hope that helps.

Years
Make sure you pick your colour palette carefully aswell, I'm aware that Crystal/Marina (or however you wish to call her) has no 32-bit sprite to use as reference, but it is worth a try atleast.

Hope that helps.

Actually I'm sure someone has revamped her, and it is on tSR.
Recolours aren't the best type of sprites you could make, but I'm assuming you have just started spriting.
The moltres is good but I recommend that you re-do it in a PNG format, or depending on what image host you use, BMP (Imageshack converts BMP's to PNG's but Photobucket converts them to JPG's)
I also think that you could re-do the crystal re-colour I mean altogether using the sheet I mentioned from tSR (http://www.spriters-resource.com/nintendo/pokemon/pkmngsc/ Its in that section).
Then if your happy, try moving onto minor edits (like changing poses and facial expressions)

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2015
Alright thanks for the comments guys. I'll try fixing some of these.

Luиαrglοω

Yuuko ftw 8D
Years
...Ofcourse .JPG is no file format I'd recommend for sprites, I'd recommend .PNG or even .GIF (if you wish to implement image transparency aswell.)...
~Reviving this thread~

I always use PNG, for one you can make them transparent, ('least in most browsers) and secondly they don't have to turn your sprite into mush like JPEG or GIF. As a matter of fact my avatar is PNG, and if you don't see blobs of red, then yeah, it's working how it's supposed to...

~Don't mind me, I <3 PNG format~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back