• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Xbox 360. I Need Help with Live.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
Im stuck trying to wirelessly connect mine to live. Me and my step-dad are getting through our teeth enamel pretty quickly, so can someone tell me what plugs in where for live, what details you need to put in etc...

And no poorly written responses please, I really need help guys.

Years
Yay for RSS! Um...

How, exactly, are you trying to connect it wirelessly? The 360 has no inbuilt wifi, so you have to use some sort of bridge to make it wireless. That'd plug into the back of the console, in the RJ45 or ethernet port. Is that what you're doing?

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
Basically, i got the Official Wireless Adaptor, if thats what you mean?

Years
Okay, and you plugged that into the back of it? Is it pretty close to your wireless router? Do you have any computers using wireless as well?

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
Yeah, Its plugged in. Im in my Bedroom (with the 360 & computer) and the Router is downstairs on the Piano. Almost Directly under My room.

And My computer uses wireless.. It has a Inventel USB Adapter.

Years
Hmm, well...I'm not familiar with the 360 myself, but I assume that it uses DCHP by default. Do you know if you're using DCHP or a static IP for your computer?

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
I would presume we use an IP. At least, I can find an IP on my computer.

Years
You do, but there are different ways it can be assigned. DCHP is a dynamic system that automatically assigns IPs to computers and other things (like your 360), whereas a static IP would require you to input one yourself. Are you using Windows? If so, go into the Control Panel, then Network Connections, and try to find something that says "LAN" or maybe wireless. Right click that and choose properties. Then, in the small list that appears, chose TCP/IP and again click properties. Is "Obtain an IP address automatically" selected?

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
Yes "Obtain an IP address automatically" is selected.

(Thanks for all your help so far btw)

Years
Well, I wouldn't thank me just yet because I'm not sure how much more I can help. xD; I'll just throw some ideas out there, so, when you try to connect online, what exactly happens? Does the bridge need to be plugged into the wall? Can you check the 360's network settings to be sure DCHP is enabled?

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
When I test the connection, it recognises the Official USB adapter, but says it cant find a Wireless Network. Thus it can't connect.

Do I need to set up a new wireless network, Bridge, or something similar?

Well, Im off to bed now, so you'll probably reply to that, and then I'll post tommorow morning. If anyone else with experiance could post, I would be greatful, and I think Abbey would too. She's done well thus far, throwing Ideas at me!

Years
Huh. You might ask your dad if you're using any kind of encryption, though it should still pick it up even if that's true. I don't have much experience with Wifi either. o_o Hope you get it sorted out!

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
Our ISP sent us a WEP key, if thats what we need?

I think its to do with setting up a wireless bridge, really.

Years
Okay, is there an area where you can enter your WEP key into the 360 wireless adaptor? If so, that'd be the first thing to try.

Back