• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

About the Recent Pairing Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
Years
Since my last question was answered and the thread closed, I'd like to continue the debate that went on in there here. Don't lock this one before people are done talking. =/ I want the new pairings thread closed, and mine re-opened. -_-

First, Arcanine, please clear up on what you said.

You may not agree with the reasons why it was locked, and you have that right. But the fact is, we don't go around locking threads because it's fun, we got reasons. So like it or not, your thread had a reason to get locked.

Here's a reason...
"And also, the posts on the last page weren't off-topic! We were discussing MegaFuz's relationship experiences."
So in other words, you had 1 page of nice clean posts, yet you had 6 pages of spam. Yea... That's a real good reason to not lock the thread.

Sure spam on PC pops up in almost every thread. But if the thread is made up of mostly spam then it's going to have something done about it. We're not going to sit around and go "Well, this thread has spam, but we can't do anything about it because all threads have it.". So that reasoning sucks.

And you already got your reasons why it was closed (if you don't then go back and read Dawson's posts), a new thread was opened and so I'll be locking this thread. Thank you, bye bye.

*Closed*
I read the reasons Dawson posted and I still don't like them, thus I replied with different ideas. You guys are ignoring that there is a worthwhile postive side to keeping a discussion in that thread then just having a simple list of pairs.

And also, I mentioned the last page wasn't spam because Dawson was referring to it. Since you seem to think most of the thread was spam, I'll have to say something about that too. The only spammy posts in there was probably random pair inventing, and lying about people's affairs and crushes. But that wasn't even close to being the whole thread! Every, or at least most posts after Origin warned us about lying or making up stories about PC members was NOT SPAM. The only real spam that occured in the thread was dealt with then and there. Nobody even had bad intentions in there anymore, as proven by the replies Origin got, and no further problems has arised. So why ignore our efforts? The spam stopped stopped, and people respected the thread and each other. It was clear such good will in thread could be acheived if members ever gone astray.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
I'm going to split this reply up to make it easy on everyone.

Since my last question was answered and the thread closed, I'd like to continue the debate that went on in there here.
Who said this was a debate? I locked the thread, and should have been the end of it. Every thread we lock doesn't turn into a "OMG, here's reasons why it should stay open.". The Q&F forum isn't a place where you can go off ranting about stuff you don't agree with. You don't like the pair thread lock, or the lock on your Q&F thread? Well that's just too bad. Deal with it.

Don't lock this one before people are done talking. =/ I want the new pairings thread closed, and mine re-opened. -_-
Well whoop-de-do it's not happening. I gave my reasons before, this thread is pointless.

Not happening, you can demand, cry and so on all you want but it's not going to be reopened. The pair thread you see in there is the pair thread of PC. Just because you like something or want something you way doesn't mean that's how it's going to be.
And to pull a page out of your book... I'm an older PC member, I've been here longer then you, so I know better then you when it comes to threads and topics.

I read the reasons Dawson posted and I still don't like them, thus I replied with different ideas. You guys are ignoring that there is a worthwhile postive side to keeping a discussion in that thread then just having a simple list of pairs.
Ok, so who gives a flip? People don't like rules but that doesn't mean they can break them just because they don't like them. If you don't like the reasons he posted then that's just too bad, cry me a river.

And you are ignoring the fact that the thread went south and got spammy. You had your chance, David gave you the chance to start a new pair thread. And it went down hill.
And me, Erica, and Dawson has been saying over and over and over about discussions about pairs. They can be done via PM, they can be done in the DCC and so on. It doesn't need a thread of it's own.

And also, I mentioned the last page wasn't spam because Dawson was referring to it. Since you seem to think most of the thread was spam, I'll have to say something about that too. The only spammy posts in there was probably random pair inventing, and lying about people's affairs and crushes. But that wasn't even close to being the whole thread! Every, or at least most posts after Origin warned us about lying or making up stories about PC members was NOT SPAM. The only real spam that occured in the thread was dealt with then and there. Nobody even had bad intentions in there anymore, as proven by the replies Origin got, and no further problems has arised. So why ignore our efforts? The spam stopped stopped, and people respected the thread and each other. It was clear such good will in thread could be acheived if members ever gone astray.
And like I said, 6 pages of spam/off topic, yet one page of good posts. To me, that doesn't look like a good pairing thread, it looks like a DCC.

You had your chance for a new pair thread, it failed. So what gives you the right to walk in here, and demand the old one be opened. And in fact what gave you the right to start a new one in the first place? You just walked in, said "Well, I don't like this pair thread, I'm going to start a new one." and did it. Well that worked out sooooooooo well. Your thread won't be opened, and the one we got now isn't going to be changed or locked in favor for a new style of pairings. And that's that.

And 22sa, I don't want to see another thread in here about "You locked the thread too soon, I couldn't get a reply in." or "I still want my pair thread opened", in fact I don't want to hear about this anymore. You got our answer on why yours was locked and a new one was started. So if I see a new thread about this then it'll be deleted on the spot and you'll get a warning for it.

*Closed*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back