• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you heard fo Kenan and Kel???

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2005
This might sound weird but, Have you ever hear about Kenan and Kel from Nickolodeon a long time ago? It was probley back in 1995! :confused:
Yeah, you might have no clue what I am talking about :\
Well, I hope there would be at least one person who knows what I am saying!

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
This would go in Other Entertainment; I'll move it for you.

And yep, I've heard of them! I used to watch their show and movie sometimes. They're very funny.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I absolutely loathe that show!!! Sorry if you like it, but I just cannot stand to watch any of it. The characters are so unbelievable, and the plots are just wacky. Many people might like these types of shows, but not me... I prefer the news! :classic: It's still on occasionally on CBBC, but only in the school holidays and such...

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
I actually miss that show a little...I used to watch it back when I was 9 or 10...it was actually pretty funny. I also remember their movie Good Burger, which was the only Nickelodeon movie I ever liked :P Odd thing is now the humor seems too juvenile for my tastes...but then again I have nearly doubled in age since the time when I enjoyed the show :P But it was a good show long ago when I laughed at the simplest jokes and slapstick humor and all that ^^;;

^^NICK^^ v.2.0

Mister Revolution Man
Years
Mr Cat Dog said:
I absolutely loathe that show!!! Sorry if you like it, but I just cannot stand to watch any of it. The characters are so unbelievable, and the plots are just wacky. Many people might like these types of shows, but not me... I prefer the news! :classic: It's still on occasionally on CBBC, but only in the school holidays and such...

I understand what you're saying, but I think it's made to just make people laugh. Like "That's So Raven". I know most of the situations on those shows never really happen, but it's fun to watch and laugh a little.

I used to watch the show until about 1999 when it started getting old. Actually my whole family watched it. It made us laugh for a while, and we loved the movie "Good Burger", staring Kenan and Kel. I think it was cancelled in 2000. Now, there's "Drake and Josh"...

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Drake and Josh...urrgh. I haven't even watched it, but the commericals alone are repulsive enough to keep me from watching it...from what I gather, they have taken the two most idiotic people from today's poor excuse for an All That cast and have turned it into a Kenan and Kel clone...Nickelodeon became a wasteland once they cancelled the best cartoon ever, that being Invader Zim...I'll never forgive them for that. It seems that Nickelodeon today is geared more toward tweens with room-temperature IQs who find anything to be hilarious. Have any of you ever seen their TRL-esque afternoon travesty? (and of course it has to look like TRL...Nick is owned by MTV, therefore they have to accustom the children who will one day watch them in the same timeslot to the TRL format...what a dispicable thing to do) Nickelodeon dumbs children down...I wouldn't let my child be fed Drake & Josh with a side of Johnny Phantom and Chalk Zone every day...it would destroy them. I apologize for this having nothing to do with Kenan and Kel, but this is just the tip of the iceberg of the beef I've had with Nick for years and I just had to express it >_<

Kimi88

enchanted w.i.t.c.h.
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2007
i've heard of kenan and kel.........i hate that show.......they are so weired.......do you like them?

^^NICK^^ v.2.0

Mister Revolution Man
Years
Chairman Kaga said:
Drake and Josh...urrgh. I haven't even watched it, but the commericals alone are repulsive enough to keep me from watching it...from what I gather, they have taken the two most idiotic people from today's poor excuse for an All That cast and have turned it into a Kenan and Kel clone...Nickelodeon became a wasteland once they cancelled the best cartoon ever, that being Invader Zim...I'll never forgive them for that. It seems that Nickelodeon today is geared more toward tweens with room-temperature IQs who find anything to be hilarious. Have any of you ever seen their TRL-esque afternoon travesty? (and of course it has to look like TRL...Nick is owned by MTV, therefore they have to accustom the children who will one day watch them in the same timeslot to the TRL format...what a dispicable thing to do) Nickelodeon dumbs children down...I wouldn't let my child be fed Drake & Josh with a side of Johnny Phantom and Chalk Zone every day...it would destroy them. I apologize for this having nothing to do with Kenan and Kel, but this is just the tip of the iceberg of the beef I've had with Nick for years and I just had to express it >_<

LOL, LMAO. Room temperature IQs. I should use that. Drake and Josh isn't that bad. But it's not better than Kenan and Kel. I would give it a 6/10.

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
Years
Ah! I love Kenan and Kel! That was a great show on Nickelodeon at one time...! They're the only actors from All That that created a good, entertaining show on their own. Amanda Bynes along with Drake and Josh don't even hold a candle to them. Now Jamie Spears is supposedly going to start her own show, too. I can't stand any of them on the new season now. The show has gotten pathetic, dumb, and boring. Blech...^_^;

Kenan: "Who loves orange soda?"
Kel: "Kel loves orange soda..."
Kenan: "Is it true?!"
Kel: "Mmhmmm! I do, I do, I do, I do-oooooo!"

That was one of the greatest lines ever said in a Nickelodeon show, lol. I wish it was still on more often. The Halloween movie they made was funny, too.

Scyther5

One DEAD GUTTED Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 19, 2011
Yeah, that show was da bomb!, I always wonder what happened to it though. I see Kenan on Saturday Night Live alot though. But what happened to Kel?

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
Years
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes, hey!!
That was Good Burger, but it still had them in it hehe..

Now that was a good show! I was still in elementary school and I liked it hehe...
They make a really hysterical pair together!

I'd also have to agree with many of about the new All That...
What did they do to it!? I used to love that show, but these new kids just don't cut it.

And I actually like the Amanda Show! It's silly hehe...

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Man no matter how old i get that is still one great show! and trhe movie was really good thank god for season box sets...at least we can still see kenan on snl.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
When I was 12 I used to like the Amanda Show, but I grew out of it after a year...I still might watch it now and again because the hillbilly moments still crack me up...

Amanda: Knock knock!
Drake: Who's there?
Amanda: Beaver!
Drake: Beaver who?
Amanda: I'm gonna hitcha in the head with a beaver!
*drake gets hit*
Drake: That's a good'un!

Jamie Spears is going to have her own show? Oh please no >______< I bet it'll make Romeo! look like Masterpiece Theater...as I'm predicting it's going to be her in skanky outfits dancing to nicktoon-related songs for 30 minutes...bah.

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
Years
Chairman Kaga said:
When I was 12 I used to like the Amanda Show, but I grew out of it after a year...I still might watch it now and again because the hillbilly moments still crack me up...

Amanda: Knock knock!
Drake: Who's there?
Amanda: Beaver!
Drake: Beaver who?
Amanda: I'm gonna hitcha in the head with a beaver!
*drake gets hit*
Drake: That's a good'un!

Jamie Spears is going to have her own show? Oh please no >______< I bet it'll make Romeo! look like Masterpiece Theater...as I'm predicting it's going to be her in skanky outfits dancing to nicktoon-related songs for 30 minutes...bah.
Yeah, I liked The Amanda Show when it first came out...but then after a while, I just drifted away from it...>_< I don't like Jamie Spears. Just because Big Sister Britney has big money doesn't mean she has automatic talent to start her own show even. I haven't watched Romeo! nor do I ever want to...I stopped watching Nickelodeon once they started airing The Brothers Garcia. Dumb show. Whoever tries to make spoofs on The Wonder Years with the adult narrations of a character is stupid. No one can compare to the original. I say we should bring back the awesome Nick shows that were on in the 90s like:

- Salute Your Shorts (That was the BEST show of its time! ^____^)
- Welcome Back, Freshmen
- Pete & Pete
- Legends of the Hidden Temple

Need I mention more? I don't know why Nickelodeon's getting the way it is now...too bad the new generation didn't get a chance to experience those shows... ;_; Just for the heck of it, I'm going to post the Salute Your Shorts theme song, lol.

We run, we jump, we swim and play
We row and go on trips
But the things that last forever...are our dear friendships
Camp Anawanna, we hold you in our hearts
And when we think about you it makes me wanna fart!
("It's 'I hope we never part.' Now get it right or pay the price!")

Now we will share a lifetime of the fondest memories
By the lake of Anawanna
Set in the old pine trees

Camp Anawanna, we hold you in our hearts
And when we think about you...this thing came apart

Think Anawanna. Speak Anawanna. Live Anawanna -- Ugh!

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2005
I wonder why they didn't add Kenan and Kel to the new All That show!!!! :confused:
I JUST CAN'T BELIVE IT!!!!
Kenan and Kel are funny as all trhe other stars of the show!!!! :'(

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
I agree...the oldest shows were the best. Pete & Pete, Double Dare, Ren & Stimpy, Doug, The Angry Beavers, and Are You Afraid of the Dark were all classic... although I admit I've outgrown about half of those, they still bring back fond memories of the early days of Nickelodeon...I never watched Roundhouse, but I did watch All That up until Danny Tamberelli came in and destroyed the show...they got rid of Kenan, Kel, Lori Beth, and all the other classic actors one season which made me stop watching...if I could never see Vital Information or Repair Man (man man man man man man man man...) ever again it simply wasn't worth watching. The Brothers Garcia and Caitlin's Way both annoyed me, but the only thing that kept me watching that blasted network was Invader Zim, truly the greatest thing to ever be on Nickelodeon...as with all genius shows it was quickly cancelled and never aired again. Luckily I'll be getting the DVD set in a day or two. After that, Nickelodeon became dead to me. Spongebob was king, and I refused to be ruled by him (although admittedly I like the show, I thought he was getting too popular)...I never watched Romeo! but from the commercials it seemed like Cousin Skeeter except in the inner-city and without that infernal puppet...poor Nick, such a wasteland today...they've forsaken the tastes of the generation that made them great for the fickle, immature tastes of this generation...what a shame.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2005
Chairman Kaga said:
I agree...the oldest shows were the best. Pete & Pete, Double Dare, Ren & Stimpy, Doug, The Angry Beavers, and Are You Afraid of the Dark were all classic... although I admit I've outgrown about half of those, they still bring back fond memories of the early days of Nickelodeon...I never watched Roundhouse, but I did watch All That up until Danny Tamberelli came in and destroyed the show...they got rid of Kenan, Kel, Lori Beth, and all the other classic actors one season which made me stop watching...if I could never see Vital Information or Repair Man (man man man man man man man man...) ever again it simply wasn't worth watching. The Brothers Garcia and Caitlin's Way both annoyed me, but the only thing that kept me watching that blasted network was Invader Zim, truly the greatest thing to ever be on Nickelodeon...as with all genius shows it was quickly cancelled and never aired again. Luckily I'll be getting the DVD set in a day or two. After that, Nickelodeon became dead to me. Spongebob was king, and I refused to be ruled by him (although admittedly I like the show, I thought he was getting too popular)...I never watched Romeo! but from the commercials it seemed like Cousin Skeeter except in the inner-city and without that infernal puppet...poor Nick, such a wasteland today...they've forsaken the tastes of the generation that made them great for the fickle, immature tastes of this generation...what a shame.

Yeah, I just don't understand that when start new shows that are great, in just 1 year later, they are cancelled!!!! But they keep stupid shows, like, Romeo, now that was the worst show I ever seen in my whole life!!!! :confused:
I wish they still have my fav shows, like, Kenan and Kel, Are You Afrid of the Dark?, and Invader Zim. :(
If only...... :sleeping:

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
I have digital cable, so a lot of the old shows on are Nick2. I remember Legends of the Hidden Temple; I watched it a few nights ago for first time in a long time. The prizes they gave out were so cheap, I never realized. Lol

I also truly enjoy Angry Beavers, even to this day. ^_^

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Yeah, Angry Beavers was the best. I still sometimes find myself humming Beaver Fever or the theme song...my favorite episode was probably the Halloween Special where they had to fight off B-movie monsters with Oxnard Montalvo...now that was genius XD

Back