• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misty to return for the Diamond & Pearl Seris?

misty-slave09

Kasumi<3
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 12, 2009
I read in an article that the Japanese voice actor of Misty said that Misty will make a return in the Diamond & Pearl Seris, do you guys know if theres any truth to this?

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Its false, Kasmui's VA hosted some 10th anniversary specials in Japan back in March and April, and that's about it.

The writers are NEVER going to bring Misty back to the cast beyond a 2 or 3 episode appearance, she's not needed in the anime anymore. She was removed from the show years ago, the writers have no use for her anymore.

misty-slave09

Kasumi<3
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 12, 2009
^Wow I never knew that.
Well that sucks, Misty has always been my favorite character.
I never gave up hope they she might return but maybe I should now
:(

Years
Before you promulgate anything, list your source first. It's the internet and the internet rumors, so we have to be cautious.

And I agree, Misty's role/story is pretty much done. I wouldn't think so, but after seeing her Chronicles episodes, I tend to think otherwise.

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
I don't understand why people ever thought she was going to come back in the first place. May and Dawn are actually important characters with tournaments/contests to battle in, Misty does none of that.

Misty was just a tag-along sidekick character, she wasn't that important to the series.

misty-slave09

Kasumi<3
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 12, 2009
^Oh my bad I'll do that next time, I just remember reading it but I forget where.

Well they should give Misty her own show like a spin-off or something.
It could be about her life as a gym leader...

Shinji_

Paul addicted
Years
Thank god, I hated Misty I prefer just having dawn shes so cute ^_^ Misty was a real annoying pain and I hated her.

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
Years
That's why they made Pokemon Chronicles.

Misty might make some cameos, but I doubt that she'll join back with cast for the D/P series. :(

gotron228

^_^
Years
I idid read in a anime magizine that she will make an apearence for bout 4 episodes like she didi in Pokemon Advanced and that guy called Snap in Pokemon

Years
I totally agree; not only because it would pretty much guarantee Misty x Tracey scenes, but because it would be more entertaining than what the regular anime has become.

omg, I really hope she doesn't go find Ash somewhere in D/P like she did in Hoenn. That made me SO mad last time. All they did was get rid of Togepi, which was completely unnecessary. What are they going to do if they bring her back again, murder her Azurill? I'd really prefer her staying in Kanto.

PirateBounty

Account Not In Use
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2007
I'd like to see all the heroes that Ash has got rid of Like May, Misty, Max, Tracey (Did I forget anybody?) Come back for a movie or a mini-series

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
Years
I never gave up hope they she might return but maybe I should now
Don't give in just because of the fandom. If you're a true fan, you'll be, regardless of what tries to influence you

As for me, Misty isn't needed this generation. Hikari's not that bad of a main girl, in fact I like her a lot.

You never know though, maybe there'll be another Misty; a girl who's very similar to her.

Mitch

The Reliable
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
well, i use to watch pokemon but when they got to the advance generation is stopped watching it cause the show was more like serious

shwoop-de-wooper

3rd gen noob, 2nd gen legend!
Years
I thought her DaP appearance was just the lure thing?

tbh I personally think Dawn is great. She seems to be a better trainer than May and Misty put together.

The only reason I'd like to see Misty is Pokeshipping and tbh I'd hate to see it in Sinnoh, maybe if they do an episode set like 5 years in the future when Ash probably wouldn't be always on the road or something liek that so him and Misty get together and admit their feelings for eachother etc. etc.

If they just did one episode like that I'd be content never to see her in the anime ever again.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
I read in an article that the Japanese voice actor of Misty said that Misty will make a return in the Diamond & Pearl Seris, do you guys know if theres any truth to this?

I thought her DaP appearance was just the lure thing?

Alot of people wont agree with me on this but i do actually think she will return. This guy makes some pretty good points as to why he thinks she will return and its basically the same thing as what i think.

Perhaps I should explain my reasonings as to why I am certain that Misty is most likely Returning to the main cast. You see, I at first thought that she might have meant that she was returning thanks to that blog, but when Cybercubed mentioned that it could have been VA stuff/10th anniversary stuff, I was firmly believing that she will return to the main cast, and I also doubted the part of her doing VA specials since she somewhat confirmed the VA stuff (she was mentioning her first trivia segment, so it was pretty much confirmed that she was doing specials) and yet it also stated right afterwards that she hinted at a further appearance sometime in the future, and since, Logically speaking, no human would hint at something after they confirmed said thing in the same source, that somewhat disproved the whole VA special exclusive stuff that he mentioned.

I also noticed during my research on bulbanews that the march the 3rd blog was the first Mayumi Iizuka blog/interview that delt with a possible future appearance/return of Misty to even be posted on Bulbanews (much less the possibility of it being the first blog to even hint at Misty returning at all)

(although I am unsure of whether the mirage togepi arc or the Hoenn League Tourney cameo had been mentioned in any past blogs of Mayumi Iizuka, I do know that her three episode arc near the end of advanced battle and even her role in the 10th anniversary anime special "Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon" were definitely not even touched upon by her VA, since if they were, they would have posted it on bulbanews.).

Prior to March the 3rd, the only way we could get info involving Misty's return were Pokeani, commercials for the next episode, and other stuff. And, to my knowledge at least, there hasn't been a blog from her VA that even gives a hint at Misty's return/appearance.

And the whole Fishing Lure issue should not be counted as Mayumi Iizuka's hinted Misty appearance since it was her VOICE ACTRESS who hinted at it, not her animator/designer.

However, we will have to wait until possibly the 11th season to find out if it is indeed the case or not.

but i think the best thing to do is just wait and see what happens.

Back