• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question about D/P: 507 Champion Shirona Appears!!

Ryo1234

Ace Trainer
Years
I've been watching the trailer for it for the past five minutes and I can't for the life of me, figure out who the hell that Torterra belongs to.
I want to say Paul, but I can't honestly see him with one at all- being one of Ash's Pokemon's final forms.

Regardless of who it belongs to, it looks like a great episode.

Ryo1234

Ace Trainer
Years
It could, but after re watching the preview once more, it's apparently Paul's, which he uses against Shirona's Dragon (I don't bother to learn the names of the horrible pokemon I don't like. >_>)

I don't see why he'd have one, but then again, I don't see why they'd animate Dawn with a short skirt & fat thighs at the same time...

Akio123

Sadness forever...
Years
Well it has to be Paul's. Thing is it's a strong pokemonm like he wants. He has caught stage 2 pokemon liek Azumarill before, so I wouldn't be really suprised. However, it could be Shirona/Cynthia's. The reason is if you notice most of her pokemon albeit Shellos are absed on legends or have to dow ith legends in some way. Torterra is based on Genbu, the Turtle in chinese mysthology that represnets the winter and soemthing(I believe). However, based on tis positon, the Tortera and Weavile are prolyl Shinji/Paul's

Years
That, and Shirona doesn't have a specific type/Pokemon form theme, unlike the past few Champions: Lance, Steven, Wallace. Well, the former two in this case, sheepish laugh.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
Years
I have news
huge DP spoilers
Spoiler:

Shinji_

Paul addicted
Years
Yo Crystal ;_; Could you do me a big favour could you translate some parts of champion shirona appears for me :P?

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
Years
I have news
huge DP spoilers
Spoiler:

But.. that's like, not fair. XDD
I've got to watch this episode when I get round to it, it seems Shinji ain't all we assumed he may have been

Akio123

Sadness forever...
Years
I was jsut about to post that exact thing...XD Anyway it makes sense because Shinji looks (If not the same older) same age as Ash. I mean there was no way he could be a begining trainer. I mean he is way to disciplined. However during the episode it makes me wonder if Hikozaru is gonna stay withy Shinji.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
Years
Yo Crystal ;_; Could you do me a big favour could you translate some parts of champion shirona appears for me
I could try. But I dunno.
Dont bet on it
In the end I may be able to as I asked for some Shinji dialogue to be written down in romaji over at sppf. Hopefully I'll get what I requested.
I have some attack translations but I doubt that's really interesting

Shinji_

Paul addicted
Years
Okay thanks, curious what was it that he said when chimchar jumped from the hot air balloon.

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
Years
I don't know the actual words. But it was something among the lines that Shinji was kinda angry that Chimchar let itself be stolen by Team Rocket. Ash/Hikari said that it's unjustified since Chimchar was sleeping.

roxas123

Trainer
Years
The reason Paul/Shinji has a torterra was because Turtwig was his original starter pokemon. Apparently thats what I heard on Serebii and Youtube. I think that unlike Ash, Paul has probobly won a leauge conference. He seemed pretty confident when he challenged Cynthia.

But now that Ash has seen a torterra will he allow his turtwig to evolve?

Akio123

Sadness forever...
Years
Quite honestly based ont he movie, I jsut thought Shinji just let Chimchar go and it was Takeshi's, Satoshi's, or Hikari's. I mean like what he said seemed pretty horrible.

EDIT: Shinji would have been identified by SOMEONE if he won a league conference.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
Years
I have a direct translation (provided by Yamato-san who corrected me)

"Ore ga saisho ni moratta Pokemon desu." ("It's the Pokemon I received when starting out." He says this in reply to Shirona pointing out how Dodaitose seems particularly well-trained).

"Sore kara Houen, Jouto, Kantou no Riigu mo arimashita*. Yuushou wa mada desu." ("Afterwards, I was in Houen, Jouto, and Kantou's Leagues. I still haven't won the championship.")

"Manyuura to Yamikarasu wa sono tabi no tochuu de Getto shimashita." ("I Got Manyula and Yamikarasu during that journey.")

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
Years
I have a direct translation (provided by Yamato-san who corrected me)

"Ore ga saisho ni moratta Pokemon desu." ("It's the Pokemon I received when starting out." He says this in reply to Shirona pointing out how Dodaitose seems particularly well-trained).

"Sore kara Houen, Jouto, Kantou no Riigu mo arimashita*. Yuushou wa mada desu." ("Afterwards, I was in Houen, Jouto, and Kantou's Leagues. I still haven't won the championship.")

"Manyuura to Yamikarasu wa sono tabi no tochuu de Getto shimashita." ("I Got Manyula and Yamikarasu during that journey.")
Holy what!So Paul is like the bad Ash, I mean, come on he's been in three leagues!This is so suprising.

Back