PDA

View Full Version : Best way to catch Entei(Fire Red)

Oscuridad
July 28th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Okay, I am trying to catch Entei with ultraballs, but it seems impossible as he always uses roar. Is there any way to stop it from using roar? I know putting it to sleep might work, but I don't have a pokemon with mean look, and the other trapping moves and moves that put pokemon to sleep... Anyone know a good strategy to catch entei without using a Masterball?

Im not a noob
July 28th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Okay, I am trying to catch Entei with ultraballs, but it seems impossible as he always uses roar. Is there any way to stop it from using roar? I know putting it to sleep might work, but I don't a pokemon with mean look, and the other trapping moves and moves that put pokemon to sleep... Anyone know a good strategy to catch entei without using a Masterball?

Technically, there is no way to stop it from using roar, but there is a way to prevent roar from working(^^). Put a pokémon with the ability 'Soundproof' at the front of your party then put it to sleep by whatever means necessary

Pokémon with ability 'Soundproof': Voltorb, Electrode, Mr. Mime, Whismur, Loudred, Exploud

Oscuridad
July 28th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Thank you! I was thinking about sound proof, but I thought it was a dumb idea, so I just dropped the idea. I have one more ?: Why does roar fail sometimes?

Im not a noob
July 28th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Thank you! I was thinking about sound proof, but I thought it was a dumb idea, so I just dropped the idea. I have one more ?: Why does roar fail sometimes?

Sometimes the pokémon isn't affected by roar or the attack misses. Usually when it misses it'll just say 'The attack failed'.

Star★Seeker
July 28th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Also Dugtrio will work as it has Arena Trap, great speed and it has dig.

pm_41
July 28th, 2007, 7:50 PM
Also Dugtrio will work as it has Arena Trap, great speed and it has dig.

Diglett and Dugtrio also have Arena Trap as their abilities (although they need to be at a high level to be effective).

Oscuridad
July 30th, 2007, 8:21 AM
Okay, thanks everyone. This thread can now be closed.
I caught entei yesterday. :)

Darkside
August 4th, 2007, 2:29 AM
I had with quick Mewtwo. Just teached Hypnosis and used it, one Psychic, Ultra Ball and that was it.