The PokéCommunity Forums Blogs there it goes.
LGBT talk? LGBT talk.




user info
Hi, I'm Drew, or I was until username changes came back a year or so ago - but that's still
what everyone calls me, so w/e. This blog will probably get updates once a year, so bless
your heart if you check it more often than that.


(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Rate this Entry

LGBT talk? LGBT talk.

Posted January 21st, 2017 at 10:57 AM by Seto

In the wake of one my least favorite infamous celebrities becoming the President of my country, I can't believe I'm thinking of doing something like this now, but it was coincidental timing, really. I've always had one foot in the LGBT crowd and one foot out, because I've identified as male since I was old enough to know I was physically female and it felt off. Then for some years once I got older, I tried being more girly to see how it went, and it kept failing and it was just making me uncomfortable. I'm also bi, so for a time I played around with just being a boyish girl, or a more masculine lesbian, buuut that didn't really work either. So here in the coming months my plan is to see a gender therapist, and start HRT. I think being transgender is pretty inescapable to me if I wanna do more with my life. I like music, and voice acting, but I won't share it or put it out there with my voice sounding female like it does.

Of course, Trump took down the LGBT page of the White House website, and all of his supporters are probably against being transgender, or being gay, etc, so it seems like horrible timing on my part, but I wanna switch jobs and transition and etc. I'm hoping most of the community will still take it smoothly, despite who some of them just voted into office.

This might be a touchy blog for a Pokemon forum, but I know over the years PC has had other members who're transgender, and I wonder if any are still around? Or know what it's like to transition at a workplace? In a way, I'm glad it's work and not school, people who do transition while still in school have my respect.

I told myself I'd make more blog entries this year, and I figured this was a big enough piece of my life that I should post about it.

That said, if anyone here does actually use female pronouns on me, I'd be super grateful if they switched to using male ones. Apologies to the people who've told me I'm cute, or that my voice is cute over time if they've heard or seen me, switching pronouns might seem awk in that regard, but it's appreciated. XD;
Posted inUncategorized
Views 2407 Comments 5
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

  1. Old Comment
    Mezzo's Avatar
    I'm so used to calling you nicknames, can I still keep doing that?
    Posted January 21st, 2017 at 11:02 AM by Mezzo Mezzo is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Nah's Avatar
    We still have a handful of active transgender members on this site
    Posted January 21st, 2017 at 11:38 AM by Nah Nah is offline
  3. Old Comment
    Taro Tanaka's Avatar
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nah View Comment
    We still have a handful of active transgender members on this site
    "Handful?" I suppose. It just makes other Pokemon Forums look conservative by comparison. Especially Serebii. Because... Serebii.

    Anyway, as a non-transgender individual, I can tell you that there's nothing you shouldn't lose hope over. As twisted as that screaming cantaloupe in the Oval Office is, we're still quite a progressive country. If you can endure the next four years (or possibly two months before he steps down from not knowing what the job entailed), you can tell future generations about how there's very few to be afraid of and HE TOOK DOWN THE LGBT PAGE FROM THE WEBSITE?!?!?! WHERE'S BERNIE SANDERS AND CAPTAIN AMERICA WHEN YOU NEED THEM?!?!?!
    Posted January 21st, 2017 at 4:42 PM by Taro Tanaka Taro Tanaka is offline
  4. Old Comment
    SirBoglor's Avatar
    I actually haven't met any transgender people before, but many of my closest friends are gay/bi. As a strong supporter of the LGBT community, I should let you know that you have my full support. I'm glad that you're doing what feels right to you, and not letting any opposers bother you. If you need anyone to talk to, be sure to hit me up. I hope that your transition goes well.
    Posted January 22nd, 2017 at 7:55 PM by SirBoglor SirBoglor is offline
  5. Old Comment
    Seto's Avatar
    Sorry, long reply spam. Thank you for the polite comments, guys. :>

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Vivace View Comment
    I'm so used to calling you nicknames, can I still keep doing that?
    Certainly. :> Not even sure what name I'll stick with anyway.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nah View Comment
    We still have a handful of active transgender members on this site
    Ah, I didn't realize past one or two that I know of. Then again, people don't usually mention it all the time, I don't even like using the term in reference to myself, I just present as a guy and move on in most situations, haha.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Taro Tanaka View Comment
    "Handful?" I suppose. It just makes other Pokemon Forums look conservative by comparison. Especially Serebii. Because... Serebii.

    Anyway, as a non-transgender individual, I can tell you that there's nothing you shouldn't lose hope over. As twisted as that screaming cantaloupe in the Oval Office is, we're still quite a progressive country. If you can endure the next four years (or possibly two months before he steps down from not knowing what the job entailed), you can tell future generations about how there's very few to be afraid of and HE TOOK DOWN THE LGBT PAGE FROM THE WEBSITE?!?!?! WHERE'S BERNIE SANDERS AND CAPTAIN AMERICA WHEN YOU NEED THEM?!?!?!
    LOL I don't touch Serebii much.

    AND THAT PAGE WAS THE FIRST THING TO GO. I was pissed. However, yes, we are still a progressive country. The same country that voted in Obama and legalized gay marriage, so I'm not super worried in that regard.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SirBoglor View Comment
    I actually haven't met any transgender people before, but many of my closest friends are gay/bi. As a strong supporter of the LGBT community, I should let you know that you have my full support. I'm glad that you're doing what feels right to you, and not letting any opposers bother you. If you need anyone to talk to, be sure to hit me up. I hope that your transition goes well.
    Aaah, I have a handful of friends that stay mostly in the closest themselves, it's kind of a shame, but I understand. Also, it's nice to have supports that understand. That's nice of you, I appreciate the support!
    Posted January 23rd, 2017 at 7:02 AM by Seto Seto is offline
 

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:22 PM.