• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Document on Movement Permissions in AdvanceMap

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNerdyPotato

Feraligatr is actually a Croc!
Years
The AWESOME!!! list of Movement Perissions in Advancemap that is full of WIN!!!

Welcome to my first document/tutorial thing!!!
Im going to show you a list of all the effects of the mv squares in advancemap 1.92 by LU-HO!!!
I got all of this information either from the program or fellow users and well credits are at the bottom.
I want to have all of the infromation filled in, with examples and in Laymens terms. (easiest to understand)
So please read it over, find out the blanks and examples and post away so i can update it quickly!!!
but above all, use this document to make your hacking days a lot easier, and this is dedicated to Evil Dark Mew!!!

Advance Map Movement Permissions List
0 = CROSSING OF DIFFERENT LAYERS FOR EXAMPLE (LADDERS)
1 = OBSTACLE, NOT PASSABLE
2 = ???
3 = ???
4 = PASSABLE, HEIGHT 0 (=>SURFER)
5 = OBSTACLE, HEIGHT 0
6 = ???
7 = ???
8 = PASSABLE, HEIGHT 1
9 = OBSTACLE, HEIGHT 1
A = ???
B = ???
C = PASSABLE, HEIGHT 2 (=> DEFAULT)
D = OBSTACLE, HEIGHT 2 FOR EXAMPLE (SIGNPOST)
E = ???
F = SIDEWAYS
10 = PASSABLE, HEIGHT 3
11 = OBSTACLE, HEIGHT 3
12 = ???
13 = ???
14 = PASSABLE, HEIGHT 4 FOR EXAMPLE (MOUNTAIN)
15 = OBSTACLE, HEIGHT 4
16 = ???
17 = ???
18 = PASSABLE, HEIGHT 5
19 = OBSTACLE, HEIGHT 5
1A = ???
1B = ???
1C = PASSABLE, HEIGHT 6
1D = OBSTACLE, HEIGHT 6
1E = ???
1F = ???
20 = PASSABLE, HEIGHT 7
21 = OBSTACLE, HEIGHT 7
22 = ???
23 = ???
24 = PASSABLE, HEIGHT 8
25 = OBSTACLE, HEIGHT 8
26 = ???
27 = ???
28 = PASSABLE, HEIGHT 9
29 = OBSTACLE, HEIGHT 9
2A = ???
2B = ???
2C = PASSABLE, HEIGHT 10
2D = OBSTACLE, HEIGHT 10
2E = ???
2F = ???
30 = PASSABLE, HEIGHT 11
31 = OBSTACLE, HEIGHT 11
32 = ???
33 = ???
34 = PASSABLE, HEIGHT 12
35 = OBSTACLE, HEIGHT 12
36 = ???
37 = ???
38 = PASSABLE, HEIGHT 13
39 = OBSTACLE, HEIGHT 13
3A = ???
3B = ???
3C = PASSABLE ABOVE AND BELOW
3D = ???
3E = ???
3F = ???
INFORMATION I USED FROM POSTS FROM OTHER USERS:
0,F,14,D FROM COOLEY

Last edited:

TheNerdyPotato

Years
oh ok i didnt rip it off from anyone, i just got this stragiht from Advanecmap so i wil edit it giving credit thanks

ok I now updated it, sorry for causing you to wrongfully acuse a slightly nobish poster

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
oh ok i didnt rip it off from anyone, i just got this stragiht from Advanecmap so i wil edit it giving credit thanks

ok I now updated it, sorry for causing you to wrongfully acuse a slightly nobish poster

Thank you. It just seems to me that there are plenty of people who would easily take things without credit where it is due; I'm glad you aren't one of those people. :D

TheNerdyPotato

Years
thankyou Vrai, did you find this information useful to you and do you know anyway to say the infromation in Laymans terms and do you know any of the ??? ones, all help willl be appreciated and your name will be listed to give credit

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
This message has been deleted by Thrace. Reason: thats not nice even if its true
YES! It IS true! So why is the truth being censored? This guy's a friggin' idiot and someone needs to tell him that! Have you taken a good look at his posts? Here, let me give you an example:
I am pretty good mapper and I know some basic scripting and I am also good with storyline developement and lots of other things, and I will make a map and show it to you to prove it and I am just now learning how to script so yeah and I am a natural programmer so yeah, and I also have won a lot of contests when it comes to creative writing and prettymuch anything having to do with fiction so if you want me to help I will dude, just I am working on one too hahahaha
Do you see that? NOT A SINGLE PERIOD! Someone needs to bring this issue into the light. And he's not the only one! I've seen quite a number of people who shouldn't even be allowed on the internet, let alone this forum! I could quote dozens of posts with disgusting grammar that would make you sick to your soul. You're compromising the sanctity of this forum by allowing these people to post pointless crap and then turning around and deleting the posts by the decent people, claiming that "it's not nice". I'm getting fed up with the tolerance of n00bs on this forum. Do you enjoy filtering through post upon post with horrid spelling? Why don't you make your and our lives easier and DO THE RIGHT THING! Censor the n00bs, not the good, honest folk who actually have something valuable and intelligible to say.

Go ahead, delete this post too if you must. I'll save a copy for myself. That's not the point. The point is somebody has to speak out against this atrocity and shed some light on the very issue that is tearing this forum apart, day by day, post by post.

I thought you were on our side...

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
YES! It IS true! So why is the truth being censored? This guy's a friggin' idiot and someone needs to tell him that! Have you taken a good look at his posts? Here, let me give you an example:

Do you see that? NOT A SINGLE PERIOD! Someone needs to bring this issue into the light. And he's not the only one! I've seen quite a number of people who shouldn't even be allowed on the internet, let alone this forum! I could quote dozens of posts with disgusting grammar that would make you sick to your soul. You're compromising the sanctity of this forum by allowing these people to post pointless crap and then turning around and deleting the posts by the decent people, claiming that "it's not nice". I'm getting fed up with the tolerance of n00bs on this forum. Do you enjoy filtering through post upon post with horrid spelling? Why don't you make your and our lives easier and DO THE RIGHT THING! Censor the n00bs, not the good, honest folk who actually have something valuable and intelligible to say.

Go ahead, delete this post too if you must. I'll save a copy for myself. That's not the point. The point is somebody has to speak out against this atrocity and shed some light on the very issue that is tearing this forum apart, day by day, post by post.

I thought you were on our side...

[the-truth]Sadly, bad grammar isn't the thing that is destroying this community, it's the fact nobody tries to learn. I do admit that bad grammar makes me mad too, but still... Get over it, it's a Pokemon forum. If you want good grammar then go to a forum for adults.[/the-truth]

On-topic: WOW! Nice document! Except all this information if showed in the status bar when you move your mouse over the specific permission. :\

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
[the-truth]Sadly, bad grammar isn't the thing that is destroying this community, it's the fact nobody tries to learn. I do admit that bad grammar makes me mad too, but still... Get over it, it's a Pokemon forum. If you want good grammar then go to a forum for adults.[/the-truth]

On-topic: WOW! Nice document! Except all this information if showed in the status bar when you move your mouse over the specific permission. :\
That's true with this guy as well. The difference between knowing something and understanding it is crucial. He KNOWS what each value does but does he understand any of it? Clearly not as when I asked him for more information, he replied that he didn't know. What bugs me more is the fact that he has shown no intention of EVER learning what these things mean. Why are people writing tutorials on things they don't understand?
That's what DemonParia was trying to say before she got censored and that's what's frustrating about this whole thing.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
I didn't get to see what DemonParia wrote!

I tested out 0F and it seems to do nothing. Which is why ?? is probably written as it's description in AM and why this guy doesn't know.

If colcolstyles and Darthatron came off mean, I'll apologise in their place and say it in a way that (hopefully) isn't mean.

Don't try to teach anything you don't understand.

It's like me going up to lecture a uni class on Economics. If you don't know it, don't put it. The others we can find from Advance Map, anyway. It's kinda useless.

Thrace is a mod now, he has to be fair.

Shaymew

likes when Dunsparce Glares
Years
That's true with this guy as well. The difference between knowing something and understanding it is crucial. He KNOWS what each value does but does he understand any of it? Clearly not as when I asked him for more information, he replied that he didn't know. What bugs me more is the fact that he has shown no intention of EVER learning what these things mean. Why are people writing tutorials on things they don't understand?
That's what DemonParia was trying to say before she got censored and that's what's frustrating about this whole thing.

1. Nobody likes a grammer dictator....
2. you know whats even MORE n00bish than bad grammer? posting complaints about grammer when its not even relevant to the topic!!!

Also, I find this to be quite helpful, considering I had NO IDEA what half of them did...
But, can you explain what the different heights are more?
Thank you Nerdy Potato

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
1.He KNOWS it, and UNDERSTANDS it, but was most likely in a hurry to write the thing up!
2. Nobody likes a grammer dictator....
3. you know whats even MORE n00bish than bad grammer? posting complaints about grammer when its not even relevant to the topic!!!
1. Oh he was in a hurry? Bull. Crap. I am HIGHLY doubtful that it was his haste and not his lack of knowledge that has made this "tutorial" devoid of all usefulness. He copied this entire tutorial from AdvanceMap. Anybody who can read can open up a program and write down what it tells them. But in order to write a tutorial, you should be able to explain what you are "teaching". When I asked for a more in-depth explanation of the '0F' value, he was unable to tell me more. I believe that this results more from his overall incompetence than from the fact that he may or may not have written the tutorial too quickly. And if it was because of his premature writing of this tutorial, why didn't he come back and edit it during the month and a half that it has been published for?
2. I'm not trying to focus on his grammar per se. Rather, I am trying to show that people should only write tutorials on subjects which they themselves fully comprehend. It's not his grammar that irritates me the most; it is instead his general incompetence. I'm sorry if I came off as some sort of grammar freak but often times I find that if people can't string together a sentence, chances are they can't hack very well either.
3. I'll admit that this whole argument has been the farthest thing from relevant but I get agitated when I see n00bs writing tutorials. And then for them to be unable to explain what they wrote because they don't understand the subject is, in my opinion, a slap in the face for the decent hackers. I'm not saying I'm a great hacker; I'm just saying that we should leave the research and discoveries (although this is hardly a discovery) to the people who are qualified in what they do.
can you explain what the different heights are more?
So you're asking him to explain something, huh? Good luck with that. I'd be surprised if he could give you any information whatsoever. I would tell you what the heights mean but I can admit that I'm terrible at explaining concepts. That's why I choose not to write tutorials (although again, I'll admit, I'm not a particularly advanced hacker).

Yours truly,
Colcolstyles

P.S. 200 posts! ;)

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
Okay to prove colcolstyles point I'm going to ask you some questions.
3C= What does it mean? Thats basic as well
and what does 13 mean?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
[off-topic]You guys do realize that not all threads in the documents/tutorials section HAS to be tutorials.
This is the DOCUMENTS/Tutorials section, if you are mad that someone posted information that they themselves don't understand, get over it. It isn't against the rules, and you aren't the site admin, so there is nothing you can do about it but deal with your angst and take it like a respectable human being..[/off-topic]

In any case, the information is nice for people who don't know to look at the status bar at the bottom of A-Map. I think we should do research on what the other movement permissions do, if they do anything.
It is documents like this that help people out who are new to this sort of thing. Give the people a while, and the people you so crudely call 'n00bs' will grow to be great ROM hackers... Trust me, I started the same way.
Thank you for this document TheNerdyPotato, you probably helped alot of newcomers in the world of ROM hacking.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Honestly? You guys have nothing better to do than write walls of text moaning about something that you should just ignore?

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back