• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Potential TWEWY sequel - nope actually just an iphone port

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Most likely, anyways, but I find it hard to see that it's not happening. We'll find out within a week though!

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subaseka/

- the art is not too dissimilar
- subaseka is the condensed version of the Japanese name for TWEWY ('Subarashiki Kono Sekai')
- that music beat that plays seems in parts to be the same from the ingame song Twister.

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
It's sort of obvious that Square would do something like this. Every time they make a successful game, which is quite often, the game always get sequels upon sequels. The question was not if they were making a sequel, but when they were making it.

Though, I still wonder what kind of game it will be. I mean, Neku's story ended right when the credits rolled. But then again, they never really touched the Angels within the story, not to mention that Hanekoma is still on the loose. Plus, they even may end up pulling a Kingdom Hearts and adding a lot of new plot devices that were not in the previous game. So yeah.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
TWEWY did hint at a sequel (twice, probably more), so it's not that unbelievable that they'd do this. That said, I doubt it'll be capitalized on, Square Enix hasn't done a "sequels upon sequels" thing on any franchises that weren't from the NES or SNES/PSX days, and even some of their most successful games, most notably Chrono Trigger, only had one sequel.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Before the song or anything else, I noticed the giant timer that uses the font of the game saying "6 days" and a countdown XD Geez, subtlety.

Now I hope it is a different story around the same universe or something, because I don't think you can make a sequel with the same characters without it feeling kind of empty. Maybe they'll prove me wrong, but...

Also B&B, the song that plays is not Twister- it's Calling. And this little gem can be found in the website's coding, due to play next Thursday: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subaseka/images/NCQKL/sound_3days.mp3

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Volcarona: TWEWY SEQUELLLL
chiroptera: WHERE
chiroptera: OH MY GOD WHERE
chiroptera: WHERE
chiroptera: WHERE WHERE WHERE
Volcarona: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subaseka/
Volcarona: subaseka is their shortening of the japanese name if the style of the countdown isn't obvious enough haha
chiroptera: the style of the countdown is fairly obvious
chiroptera: but OH MY GOOOOOODDDDDD
Volcarona: one week!!!
chiroptera: I haven't been this excited for a game in EVER

Has anyone else noticed that the counter goes kinda buggy if you stay on the page for too long? The second speed up and then bounce back to the time they're supposed to be at over and over, haha.

On the note of the game though, I am so psyched. I would also like to see same universe different characters, I love when sequels expand the universe instead of following the story of the same characters even farther.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Also B&B, the song that plays is not Twister- it's Calling. And this little gem can be found in the website's coding, due to play next Thursday: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subaseka/images/NCQKL/sound_3days.mp3
Thanks for bringing that up, when I went to the website my volume was down. I'm glad that they picked Calling, that was my favorite TWEWY song, followed by Emptiness And and Twister.

Though, given the subject matter, I'd suspect that
Spoiler:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
There are precious few games that I take the time to play all the way through and perfect. That being said, when a game that I DO perfect comes out with a (very) potential sequel, I get quite excited. And I agree, Calling is the best TWEWY song out there, not to say that most of them aren't good.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Oh man, found this pretty much right after it cropped up last night. I'M SO EXCITED YOU GUYS. YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

I don't even care what direction they go in. I'd prefer it to be a Reaper's Game based in a totally different city or something but if it's Shibuya again, that's fine too. I would prefer a new cast, though. Not that I don't love the old cast to death but their story wrapped up so nicely that I really don't want it to be messed with. I have a feeling we're probably going to see them return, though, if only because this is so close to Kingdom Hearts 3D's release that featured the main characters.
Actually it was Twister for me last night. I think their Javascript is borked if it was playing Calling for some people. :P It wasn't playing nice at all (ie broke the page before midnight here) when it wasn't the 20th yet so I don't have much faith in the rest of it.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
Oh man, found this pretty much right after it cropped up last night. I'M SO EXCITED YOU GUYS. YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

I don't even care what direction they go in. I'd prefer it to be a Reaper's Game based in a totally different city or something but if it's Shibuya again, that's fine too. I would prefer a new cast, though. Not that I don't love the old cast to death but their story wrapped up so nicely that I really don't want it to be messed with. I have a feeling we're probably going to see them return, though, if only because this is so close to Kingdom Hearts 3D's release that featured the main characters.

Actually it was Twister for me last night. I think their Javascript is borked if it was playing Calling for some people. :P It wasn't playing nice at all (ie broke the page before midnight here) when it wasn't the 20th yet so I don't have much faith in the rest of it.

Odds are it will be Shibuya again. The silhouette in the middle of the picture looks like it's part of the 104 Building. Anyway, I can see them expanding on Hanekoma and the angels' story. We'll likely see most of the old cast returning. I really hope they bring
Spoiler:
from dead again. We need more
Spoiler:
Anyway, it took them long enough.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
^They probably wanted to wait for the 3DS' release (which was only released a year ago, so it makes sense); which I applaud if it is the case, I'm interested to see what they'll do with the increased power, capabilities, and space (I expect more voice acting, since it's now possible, and a lot more music).

Last edited:
Years
Well this is a good thing. Now I need to convince myself to go play the first one >_> Assuming it actually IS a sequel/spin-off?, although it seems pretty obvious that it is.

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
The song sounds like a mix of 'Calling' and 'Twister' from the game.
It's got that countdown timer from TWEWY.
"subaseka" is, as bobandbill said, a condensed version of "Subarashiki Kono Sekai", the Japanese name of the game.
And it's getting released in 5 days.
omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg twewy sequel -jizzzzzzz-

I hope that this will be released on DS, not the 3DS, since then I'd have to buy the 3DS if they released it on that platform.

Years
I'm reasonably interested in this if it is the sequel. I hope the storyline is unrelated though, because I couldn't be bothered to finish the original game despite its potential.

I would need to buy another 3DS for it I expect though.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Yeah, it was Twister for me as well. Calling is a nice song too though, and one of my favourites. =) Looking forward to seeing what new songs they use for it.

Wonder if it ends up on the 3DS (kinda doubtful it'd be DS) or the WiiU which could also work... Those seem the most likely platforms imo.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
One thing that worries me is although I enjoyed seeing TWEWY characters in KH, I wasn't a huge fan of the 3D as opposed to the art style they had in the original. If they do go for 3DS, I wouldn't want them to stick with 3D models.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Yeah, the art style of TWEWY was quite nice. One way to get around it is to presist with it but use the 3D with the background/overworld some more - make it seem like you're really directing the characters through the city or whatnot. Easier said than done though!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
One of the best things about TWEWY was the art, it was crude and at the same time detailed and expressive, it made game and the atmosphere, really. If it does go on the 3DS, though, and they do decide to go 2D , then it'll be have High-Res music and High-Res Art <3 What I wouldn't give for a High-Res version of Emptiness And.

Of course, when I say "High-Res" I simply mean higher than that of the DS.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
Sorry to bump this, but has anyone heard the recent song SE added to the website? It seems like it's a huge mash-up of several TWEWY songs, including Calling, Twister, Long Dream, Owari-Hajimari, and Someday. And the image clearly confirms that the setting will really be Shibuya.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
If it really is Shibuya again then I have little to no doubt that the TWEWY postgame is vital to the story. Granted, I don't think that one will have to play the postgame to understand it, but it'll certainly be quite a bit of help. Which is good, because I'd be quite interested in a game completely based off of the concepts and hints introduced then.

Back