• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

w h a t ' s w i t h t h e t i t l e ' s g u i s

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Haha, slightly aimed at the fad I've seen over the past few years, titles in threads (sorry guys!).

Anyway, do you put much thought into how you create your gallery, layout, and direction? Do you rather it suits a certain theme or do you tend to "dump" your work and let it do the talking? For me, I used to always be about thread presentation, and profoundness. My gallery went through titles and layouts based around things like "The Diary of Jane", and "Stop Wishing; Start Believing". I then went to what was my latest gallery "Art Dump". Certainly my most inventive title.

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2014
i really didn't (just posted One)

I just wanted to show it, i don't really care for the flow or direction of a gallery.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
I barely post my art here. But the main point is, I just post them since I want to expose them. Yeah I wanted criticism to see what people think, but sometimes when I draw, I tend to add in some of my emotions, since they're just there. But I am lazy with my title "Some Things", since I'm not satisfied with my style since their concept is all over the place.

Years
I don't really decorate my gallery; just shove some of my favorite work there and let it do the talking, as you said. Nicer layouts do make threads much more attractive to look at and I kind of wish I wasn't so lazy to make one for my own gallery, haha. But I don't update it as often as I'd like since I don't draw much anyway. >:

As for titles... I'll try and make it a little unique/cute but nothing too fancy. As long as it's not "Cirno's Art Gallery" I'm fine. XD;

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I've put a fair amount of work into making my gallery look decent.

I figure it sets the mood, like you're going to view my artwork with whatever mindset my theme dictates. For me, it's also kind of a statement that I take pride in my work. I put effort into it, and therefore put effort into the things around it.

Considering the titles, my blog is called euphoric recall so this is a reoccurring thing for me. I guess it means exactly what it sounds like lol

Cid

Years
I suppose I unconsciously jumped on the bandwagon in the process of making my gallery. Hahaha.

Anyway, I try to make my gallery look captivating the best that I can, because I feel that people do not expect much from a random person who makes a thread in a dignified place like this. Especially if I feel that the work I'll post probably wouldn't be as good as one would see upon their own standards. This is why I make an effort to put CSS, organize the layout, have a consistent theme, etc. although to be honest this sort of conscious direction doesn't apply to the title I used ("Acquiescence" was just a word that I really liked and had nothing to do with everything, haha).

But yeah, I think of it as trying to make a good impression with whatever tools that I can use. If I were nearly as good as people like Derozio, Aizuke, Signomi, Abnegation, Loki, moments., Anastasia.R, etc. then I would be perfectly fine with letting my work do the talking. But I can't kid myself, so I simply make the most out of what I have. Besides, the CSS practice might actually help me in the long run, so it doesn't do any harm to try to make the fanciest CSS that I can muster. It's a win-win situation.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
^ pssh, you're gonna be punished later for putting this amateur among those gfx legends. Better edit that horrendous name out. :p

Anyway, on topic: I tried to find stuff that sounded cool. I really like cool thread titles and I used to put a decent amount of effort into the organization and overall presentation of my galleries. But current gallery is devoid of any presentation. It is, strictly speaking, a dumping ground for my works. But I did use a nice name for it this time and I'm glad I did. I really like how Temptation sounds so cool and kinda works as a thread title for a gallery too. <3;

Back