• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon League (OOC+SU)[T]

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
logo_color.png

The Pokemon League

This RP is set alongside the games with you as an aspiring trainer with many goals and dreams
This RP will be set in the Kanto Region before moving onto the Johto

Spots: 10000

Rating: T for mild language and romance

The Pokémon League is the official group that organizes competitions for registered Pokémon Trainers. It serves as an umbrella that oversees the regional leagues.
There are six known regional leagues under the Pokémon League: the Indigo League in the Kanto region, the Orange League in the Orange Archipelago, the Johto League in the Johto region, the Hoenn League in the Hoenn region, the Sinnoh League in the Sinnoh region, and the Unova League in the Unova region.
In order to participate in regional competitions, one must acquire a certain number of Gym Badges signifying the defeat of that region's Gym Leaders.
It has been 3 years since the last time the competition was held and you are now ready to face the challenges of the Pokemon League and become the very best, like no one ever was, to catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause

Rules
-Follow PC rules
-No Bunnying without permission
-No Godding in fights
-Unless you are battling something far lower than yourself
-GM's word is final, if you wish to dictate please send me a PM
-If you bunny without permission you are allowed to edit your post to remove any problems that may occur
-Shinies are okay but they cannot be a regular thing. (PM me if you want a Shiny and I will tell you my decision)

You
You are a person who catches, trains, cares for and battles with Pokémon. You have are about to enter your pokemon journey and find your destiny, you will try and defeat the elite four before becoming the pokemon champion many will stand in your way.
The many goals of a pokemon trainer is gathering information for a Pokédex, perfecting their technique, collecting Badges, and working to become a Pokémon Master.
You have already recieved your Pokeballs and Pokedex in the mail unless you live in pallet town or are visiting.

The Pokemon Champion
A trainer who has completed a Pokémon League by collecting all the necessary Badges, and either winning a regional Pokémon tournament or defeating the Elite Four and the previous Pokémon Champion (if there is one). There is usually only one Pokémon Champion per region at a time. Kanto and Johto share a Champion, while other regions have their own. If a Champion is defeated, they must relinquish their title to the victor; however, the victor can refuse the title.

The Kanto Region
Spoiler:

Name:
Appearance: (Image and text is okay, if you decide to write it out make it a good description)
History: (1 paragraph since it isn't serious RP)
Personality: (write about what s/he is like, what they hate, what they love and what they are like towards others)
Starting Location: (i.e. Vermillion city, Pallet town, cerulean city, sevii islands etc)

Pokemon:
Level: 5-7
Appearance: (Is there anything different about them, compared to others of their kind?)
Personality: (This I will let you manipulate since it will be your Pokemon)

Information

Evolution and Training: Your Pokemon evolve at the same stages as they do in the games also there is no limit to how many moves they can be taught but they cannot have moves that aren't available to them i.e. Charmander with Flamethrower, Squirtle with Hydro Pump at level 5 or something.
When leveling up I am trusting you guys with that you cannot level up if its like "a level 100 pikachu used volt tackle on a level 1 magikarp yay level up" be reasonable please
Also levels do not really matter in a gym fight, only in the E4, so by the time you reach the 8th gym you should be levels 40-60 and once you get through victory road you should be atleast 50+

Breeding: There will not be any breeding but Pokemon eggs will be handed out at certain plot points...

Battling with other players: Okay when battling another player you must decide on a victor you may want to give 75% of the money to the victor whilst the loser at least keeps some of his money that has been beaten out of him. This does not apply for the Elite Four Champion as that is a league fight meaning the victor takes 100%

Champion: When becoming the champion you enter the hall of fame aswell as a large cash prize of 1,000,000
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
There are only 5 champion fights available meaning that if you are the 6th person to defeat the elite 4 then you miss out you still receive some money

Legendaries: Okay we cannot have everyone with a legendary nor can we have one person with every legendary it is unfair for the latter and its unrealistic for everyone to have a legendary so those who are powerful enough and atleast got 6 badges can go for their lives with catching ONE Legendary.

Wild Pokemon: Okay this will be hard if everyone is in different locations but the pokemon available are from Generation I to V, now can everyone be realistic with this you will not see a ponyta galloping around in the seafome islands nor will you see a magikarp karping around in mount moon if you are unsure whether that Pokemon will appear PM me or ask in this thread.

Gyms: anyone who feels comfortable can challenge the gym leaders this is good because this lets you get a badge which is a good thing meaning you are one step closer to your dream :D

Team Rocket: Team Rocket are the main villains in this game but aren't as prominent. If you are in a cerulean city and oh noes a group of team rocket come out of no where blowing up the place its not okay, also people with high level/rare pokemon might get targeted (makes the RP spicy)

Elite 4: When you have gathered 8 badges in no particular order you may challenge the Elite Four if you defeat the 4th member you have now defeated the elite four and are one of the greatest trainers at the current time.

Money: every trainer starts off with 500 dollars this will be used to buy items such as potions and pokeballs

Shops:
Spoiler:

Plot

In recent years there has been a sudden influx in Pokemon Trainer's presumably since the media has idolized and gossiped about the Legendary Trainer RED, where has he been since he became the champion? Is he training in Kanto or Johto or maybe even other countries? Ever since then the Pokemon Leagues sales have been through the roof children across the globe are dreaming of becoming the greatest trainers in the world but not many of them know the real dangers of the outside world.
In recent times since Giovanni dissappeared along with Team Rocket they plot their revenge starting anew as the local mob in Viridian City this is not unusual for small time criminals to pop up in every city or so. Giovanni plans to destroy the criminals in all of Kanto whilst building his empire, he wishes to control the largest sea route in Kanto, Vermillion City and Celadon City.

Characters:
Spoiler:

Gyms Leaders and their Pokemon:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Yeah, not sure where you mlive in the world most places are a day behind or a day forward where I live :P, so currently where I live it is Saturday.

No need to reserve spots its sandbox Rp, when we get like 5 or so people I will begin the RP. I will add my own SU in a few hours

Name: Tai Yagami

Appearance:
Spoiler:

History:

Tai Yagami was born in Viridian City, his parents were the owners of the local Pokemart. He went to school at the local Trainers School where he learnt everything there is to know about being a Pokemon Trainer, he mas the top of his class in Trainer School by the time he graduated.
When he turned 10 it was time to receive his first Pokemon and go out to become the greatest Pokemon Trainer there is. The day after he turned 10 he left for Pallet Town, that was where the Pokemon Professor lived and he wanted Tai to receive one of the rare pokemon that he was handing out to honor students. This was just the beginning of Tai's journey because when he finally got to the Pokemon Lab he was given the choice of 3 Pokemon... Squirtle the Tiny Turtle Pokémon or Charmander the Lizard Pokémon or even Bulbasaur the Seed Pokémon. Tai after a moment of deciding and a all the time of thinking on the way to the Lab he chose... Bulbasaur!
Tai and Bulbasaur were instant friends, Tai trained his Bulbasaur that he had named Kiba because of it's tendency to bite strangers.

Personality: Tai is a very caring and considerate person, even if his actions may cause some people to think otherwise. Unfortunately, this caring personality is often hidden by his rash actions brought upon by that desire to help people. It takes time for him to learn how to be a leader, but he does blossom as a person to someone who knows what he has to do and will do it. He learns to look farther ahead and also to mellow out a little and not act brashly.

Starting Location: Viridian City

Pokemon: Bulbasaur

Level: 7

Appearance:
Spr_5b_001.png

Personality:
He unassuming or moderate in the estimation of one's abilities or achievements, shown when he is faced up against a pokemon that is obviously weaker than him he gives them a go toying with them at first to sus them out before bringing out the big shots.

Moveset:
Tackle
Growl
Leech Seed
Leaf Storm

words in Italics are egg moves.

Last edited:

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years

Tim Gunner

Chapter 0.1: Signup

Character Signup:

Name: Tim Gunner.

Appearance:

Spoiler:

Personality:

Spoiler:

History:

Spoiler:

Pokemon:

610.gif

Levels: 7

Appearance:

Giovanni is a large shiny Axew.

Personality:

Giovanni is an aggressive Axew, often triumphing over the other Pokemon in the breeding facility. He is however obedient and is very sneaky. He is also extremely loyal to his master.

Moves:

Scratch

Leer

Assurance

Counter.

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Accepted

Great CSS and the history and personality is making me want more! :D

Last edited:

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years
Name: Joseph "Jose" Krusada
Appearance:
Spoiler:

History:
Spoiler:

Personality:
Jose might not look like it, but he is a righteous and just person. Whenever he feels that it is right, he goes on with it even if its too risky. He is also a person who does not back down. He always do things even if he failed too many times.
Jose, though, is not good at fist fighting, or even at Pokemon battles. He is also hard headed. No one can stop him with what he want to do without using force. He is also a somewhat serious type of person.
Starting Location: Celadon City

Pokémon: Larvitar
Level: 6
Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality: Rasque likes to eat a lot, and she is also very jolly. In battle, she is not good at offense, but her hard shell and determination to win every fight makes her hard to defeat. She is also very loyal to Jose.
Moveset: Bite, Sandstorm, Screech, Rock Slide

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Accepted

-Love his appearance looks fantastic, also when the RP starts you need to find your way to Kanto since that is where stage 1 of the championships are being held than it moves to johto and then Hoenn and so on :D

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Shekoa

You are accepted

We can talk more on KIK about how to RolePlay and whatnot but it looks good what you did, also YAY another rip-off character of a different ANIME :D!

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
Sorry but I'll only be able to post on September 7th and after that in October. Hope that's fine.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Yep, that is totally fine I just submitted the IC thread, also I want to add something.

If you don't use a starter Pokemon from the games as your starter don't worry they are more common in the wild since the influx in Pokemon Trainers and breeding so alot of rare pokemon are just as common (exception of Legendaries)

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years
hey, i just noticed that all of our partner pokemon are green in color. :)
haha,okay, js. XD

well, good luck everyone!

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Your right, though Kanea's Pokemon is a shiny he is still camo green :D nice pickup

Okay so Kosuke what do you mean really fast. I though you wrote olivine city XD but what do you mean FAST!?

Me and Shekoa will be travelling together in a group since we have been planning some really good stuff at school that leads to character development and becoming a rival to a certain gym leader.

VSBlue.png

Also regarding TM's and HM's

You do not need a Badge for them but they are scattered throughout the world of Kanto, you can buy some like Defog, Flash, Dig those useless moves...

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years
Okay so Kosuke what do you mean really fast. I though you wrote olivine city XD but what do you mean FAST!?

Okay. Since in my SU Jose is still somewhere in Johto and my starting location will be in Celadon, in my first post there will be some kind of transportation(a pokemon that is) that will get him from where he is and into celadon in a short amount of time. did i answer your question? :)

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
Years
Are the sign-ups still open? I dunno, I'll sign up anyway.

Name: Andrea Richardson
Appearance: Andrea's appearance is best described as nondescript; by all means good-looking, but there's nothing particularly special about her. She stands at about 5'4", with very long black hair tied in a ponytail and burgundy-colored eyes. Her usual wardrobe consists of a plain black t-shirt, baggy white cargo pants, and black flat-soled sneakers.

History: Andrea grew up with a pretty typical life; a decently well-off family of four in Pallet Town, and Pokémon all around her. Her father was an ex-trainer, her mother a breeder, and her brother worked in construction with his trusty Machoke. However, when she was 13, tragedy struck: her brother was killed on the job in a building accident. By the time she was almost 15 she had gotten over it, but it changed her. What was once an idealistic, uplifting young girl became what she is now. Without any sort of warning, she decided she wanted to become a trainer and take on the Pokémon League, whatever the reason may have been. She took whatever Pokéball was lying around the house, packed some of her stuff and left, leaving nothing more than a note, and ran to Viridian City to start her adventure.

Personality: Andrea is a cynical, somewhat bitter girl who couldn't really give a damn about those around her. That said, though, she isn't barred from enjoying herself; she does admit that having no company at all would be boring, and she enjoys having excitement in her life. That said, if someone gets on her nerves, she makes no effort to hide it. She's rather prone to making sarcastic comments.

Starting Location: Viridian City

Pokemon: Sneasel
Level: 6
Appearance: Nope, nothing out of the ordinary.
Personality: Sneasel is still fairly distant from Andrea; and although it's obedient, it likes to do its own thing outside of battle.

(...sorry if that's a little grim, but I wrote it on the fly and that's what happened to come out)

Back