• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New to the forums, old interest sparked in the game.

Cryptogrif

also known as Zach
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Jun 6, 2019
Hi! My name is Cryptogrif (irl Zach). I got into Pokemon when I was about 5, when my cousin lent me his GameBoy to play Pokemon ruby for my first ever time. Ever since then, I never really came into contact with Pokemon for a long while, because my family in general isn't big on gaming. My mum wasn't particularly enthusiastic about buying a handheld, in fear that it would distract me from my studies. I recently got back into it, however, having bought my first copy of USUM and a secondhand 3DS back in 2017. I was pleasantly surprised by all the new features that came into play while I was gone (mega evolution being one of the more prominent features). My favourite Pokemon is Blaziken (mostly because I picked it during my first ever playthrough of ruby, so it held a special place in my memory) so unsurprisingly, I was really happy to find out it gained a mega evolution in ORAS. Ever since my return to the franchise, I have been learning everything I missed out on for the past 10 years or so, but my knowledge of Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos is still fairly limited (expectedly). I hope that by being on this forum, I can possibly learn something new, and share my newfound interest in the franchise.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hey there Zach! The main series Pokémon games have really changed over the years, so I'm glad it was still a good experience for you! I guarantee you'll learn everything you want to find out about Pokémon here, so never hesitate to ask questions!

Happy posting! :)

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Welcome to PC! All you really missed is the following:

Generation 4: Physical/Special split. Namely Attacks corresponding to Type aren't exclusively Physical or Special anymore(dependent on the move).
Generation 6: Fairy Type added along with Mega Evolution
Generation 7: Z-Moves(although it might be exclusive to the Alolan Region)

Outside of that and all the new Pokemon, Abilities and moves that have come out since RSE days(not to mention Pokemon being re-Typed to the new Fairy Type(*Gardevoir being one*)), there's nothing much to it. Happen to be a fan of the Anime? Totally recommend Diamond&Pearl, XY/XYZ(Kalos) and to a lesser degree Black&White(Unova. Its not for everyone).

Years
You'll learn a lot by being here, though we do have many fans who are into the older generations as well. =) Welcome Zach! Enjoy PC, and please do ask if you have questions. :>

Back