• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When will you quit playing Pokemon?

At what age?

• Total voters

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
When will you guys quit playing? When the last game comes out? Will you replay the games? Will you clear the Pokedex (legitimatly). When 6th gen reveals that all the new pokemon are inanimate objects? Etc. I will keep playing even after the games end, replay all the games, try and fail to complete the Pokedex, etc. When will you quit?
Til Death, basically.

~Sincerely
PikakittenX, devout member of the Pokecommunity

Last edited:

Pechachu

Indifference, I choose you!
Years
I don't really see it as something I ever want to stop playing. Even if I never buy new games, I'll always enjoy the ones I already own and revisit them from time to time. Pokemon was such a huge part of my childhood, I don't see any reason why I should have to give it up just because I'm a grown up.

As long as they keep making the games well and continue to bring new and interesting ideas to the field, I'll keep buying them. Seems reasonable to me.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I don't really think I can ever see myself not playing Pokémon. I think I'd probably stop when the actually franchise just sort of dies out; even then, I most likely still play the games I do have until I forget about them and/or lose interest in them completely. I'd like to think that the day I stop playing is the day I die.

The actual thought of the possibility of me quitting Pokémon is making quite sad, to be honest. Pokémon has always been apart of my life, and I'd hate for it to just...not be anymore.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I don't know when I'll quit, honestly. The games and anime are enough to keep me in the franchise for now.

Years
Until I can't emulate them anyone.

Just kidding of course though the fact I was able to emulate my older games did help to get me into the mood of Pokemon, if I didn't go back to my older games I would most likely completely ignore gen 5 just like how I ignored gen 4. As long I can emulate the games that I own legally I doubt I would really ever quit playing the older games. The battery life is no longer an issue.

As for the newer ones, though the "trade while the Pokemon is holding this item" is annoying I can see how they would be able to make it worst. "After this Pokemon been traded while holding this otherwise useless item, you need to train it inside this exact area while it's happiness is max during nighttime. You also need a spare Pokeball and depending on the weather at the time it may have up to 4 forms. blah blah blah o yea and it need to be holding a master ball when you level up and the item shall be lost during evolution." Sometimes I wish they would get the hint that people want it less complex, not more. The fact we have hacks so you can collect them all in one cart and evolve them without the crazy requirements should be a good sign. Do the Japanese seriously enjoy that stuff?

Also of there were to take the DLC/pay-to-play route then I would have to stop cold turkey. I can deal with Dragon Warrior Monsters and Shin Megami Tensi just as well as Pokemon. Honestly I am only into Pokemon as they were the series that won between Digimon, DWM, Monster Ranchers, etc in the monster game clone war. I honestly could do without Gamefreak if given the choice for my monster catching/training games.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
N to the E to the V to the E to the R~

NEVER!

I can never quit this addiction no matter how many interventions you try to throw my way~

Try to make me stop and I shall pelt you with Pokeballs!

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Never, hopefully. I might end up quitting if Pokemon takes a turn for the worst though, and eventually Pokemon is going to die out.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I don't think I'll ever stop. I would like to see myself playing pokemon in my deathbed. :3

I can't honestly say though. I might stop playing when working life takes over, but I'll always have pokemon in my HEART. <3

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I was fairly close to quitting Pokemon. I stopped playing BW for several months now and didn't pick up BW2 on launch date. All the buzz and the posts made me want to get White 2. hmph. Although Pokemon is a huge part of my life, I believe I will be over it by age 30. Dunno why 30. My older brother plays PS3 and he's above 30. I don't know how he handles that and all his responsibilities, though.

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
I don't think I'll even quit playing pokemon unless I find some other game series to replace it.

#isthenumbersign
Years
Sure life'll slow down my playing but I'll probably never quit. I might stop for awhile, but pick up a random game and sit down and play, even when I'm much older. I'll be playing with my grandkids.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Either until I'm dead or I go senile.

Otherwise I don't see myself stopping. Even if life slows down my playing I doubt I'll stop.

Years
I don't think there's any certain age where I'll stop playing Pokemon. I guess it really depends on how long the franchise lasts, but hopefully I'll be able to keep playing till the bitter end (although, I don't think I could see myself following the series as much if it still has another 15-20+ years in it).

ArcanaFlaera

Guard of the Generation
Years
I'd like to say I'd never stop, but I doubt that'll happen. Working life will probably take over. I start university next year, and I probably won't have as much time as I'd like.

Back