• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
1. What command do I have to use to make the Safari game end while I'm in the Safari Zone?
2. While I'm in the Safari Zone, do scripts and events still work? For example, can I make the player battle a trainer in the Safari Zone?
3. When I'm using a movement script to move the player, can I move him/her into for example a tree, or a rock, or any other tile that is made "Solid, not passable" or "1" in the Movement permissions view in Advance Map (sorry for the long sentence)?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
1. What command do I have to use to make the Safari game end while I'm in the Safari Zone?
2. While I'm in the Safari Zone, do scripts and events still work? For example, can I make the player battle a trainer in the Safari Zone?
3. When I'm using a movement script to move the player, can I move him/her into for example a tree, or a rock, or any other tile that is made "Solid, not passable" or "1" in the Movement permissions view in Advance Map (sorry for the long sentence)?

1. All the commands for the steps and stuff is in the main script where you pay to get in the Safari Zone.

2. I think they work, since gettting into houses and talking to people doesn't end the script.

3. With the "applymovement" command you can move the player or sprite anywhere.

Colin

TotW spriter
Years
I wonder if I was the trouble that closed the other thread...
Anyway, how do I make commands in scripted, 'cuz, thats the only commands thing I have...
For example, I want to make something where you battle Brendan with text before the battle.
How can I create trainer battles?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I wonder if I was the trouble that closed the other thread...
Anyway, how do I make commands in scripted, 'cuz, thats the only commands thing I have...
For example, I want to make something where you battle Brendan with text before the battle.
How can I create trainer battles?

trainerbattle
trainerbattle bKind iBattle ptrIntro ptrDefeat
Starts a trainer battle.

bKind is 0x00 for normal battles, 0x04 for 2-on-2 and 0x05 for rematches
bKind is double/normal/gym, iBattle is the number of the trainer.
Ptr Intro/Defeat is for the text the person says when the battle starts and when you defeat him, just put an offset for the text

And for some Rubikon commands download the attachment.

Attachments

• commands.html
    18.6 KB · Views: 722

Colin

TotW spriter
Years
Thanks but, I don't have Rubikon...
Anyway in the other thread you said to change tiles to kyledoves I should edit the pallet.
How do I do that?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
How do I, for example, give the palette of Lapras's battle sprite to another Pokémon?

In unLZ, find Lapras's sprite and copy the palette's number. Then go to the sprite you want, change the palette's number to the Lapras one and choose "Write to rom" and tick "Export palette" too.

Thanks but, I don't have Rubikon...
Anyway in the other thread you said to change tiles to kyledoves I should edit the pallet.
How do I do that?

Google for palette editing tutorials. And those Rubikon commands are for ScriptED.

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
OK don't know whether this has been answered or not but anyway...

I'm practising hacking pokemon gold and red to improve my skills but I lack knowledge of certain things... I'm using a hex editor mostly and all the other usual tools (map editors etc).I don't know if it's possible but does anybody know where there is any decent documents that explain pointers, scripts etc because I need to be able to make huge changes to my ROM - basically some good hex information.

Oh and also if anyone knows any tools/utlities/whatever that would be helpful too seeing as a lot of the ones i've found are german or spanish etc.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
.-'Infernal Hylian'-. said:
I went into the toolbox resource and tried to download the newest version of advanced map but it wont download... can someone tell me where to get it??

Here is a newer version of AdvanceMap: http://www.4shared.com/file/9832772/1b8aabac/AdvanceMap_1.html

Black_Phantom said:
OK don't know whether this has been answered or not but anyway...

I'm practising hacking pokemon gold and red to improve my skills but I lack knowledge of certain things... I'm using a hex editor mostly and all the other usual tools (map editors etc).I don't know if it's possible but does anybody know where there is any decent documents that explain pointers, scripts etc because I need to be able to make huge changes to my ROM - basically some good hex information.

Oh and also if anyone knows any tools/utlities/whatever that would be helpful too seeing as a lot of the ones i've found are german or spanish etc.

There aren't many more documents to explain pointers and scripts anymore, but I found this document which should help for scripting or texting: http://www.4shared.com/file/8741394/9cd74154/allpurpose.html

Lately I have been learning how to change pointers, but it still is kinda difficult in hex.

If you need anymore help just post here or PM me.

Last edited:

Colin

TotW spriter
Years
How do I change the music in game with Sappy?
I tried to import a Midi file, but, it ruined the song track altogether!
It said I needed to use MID2AGB to convert the Midi files to s files.
Does anyone know where I can get this "MID2AGB" file?

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
Years
1. I'm hacking FR. I created Signpost events with Advance Map so they would be hidden items, but when I press A on them, you find 8 rather than 1. It's strange because hidden items that were already on the game work fine. Unless I'm wrong, the script for a hidden Potion is "$00000D"

2. Are there any tools for changing trainer's name, pokémon, etc. for FR?

_-Davie-_

Hacker Elite
Years
Hey There,

Note: I'm Hacking Pokemon Ruby

I think I'm starting to understand how to script and i've done a few successful events, which is all great and dandy but there's one thing thats been bothering me. I'd probably get better a lot quicker if i could read some script thats already in the game e.g. the guy who takes you to the pokemon mart in Oldale Town and gives you a potion. I was under the impression that when in EliteMap if you hold ctrl and click on a person their script will then pop up, however when I do so ScriptEd opens but there is nothing there, its just blank. Does anyone know why this is happening and if so, how to sort it out?

One other thing, like I said I'm getting alright at scripting however I just want to know, how do you find free space?

Thanks In Advance,
-Davie-

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
1. I'm hacking FR. I created Signpost events with Advance Map so they would be hidden items, but when I press A on them, you find 8 rather than 1. It's strange because hidden items that were already on the game work fine. Unless I'm wrong, the script for a hidden Potion is "$00000D"

2. Are there any tools for changing trainer's name, pokémon, etc. for FR?

1. When you use Adv. Map with FR all the hidden items you get will be 8 instead of 1. So you better use normal events with their movement set to "Hidden" but you won't be able to walk over it.

2. You can use PET, it comes with Elite Map.

Hey There,

Note: I'm Hacking Pokemon Ruby

I think I'm starting to understand how to script and i've done a few successful events, which is all great and dandy but there's one thing thats been bothering me. I'd probably get better a lot quicker if i could read some script thats already in the game e.g. the guy who takes you to the pokemon mart in Oldale Town and gives you a potion. I was under the impression that when in EliteMap if you hold ctrl and click on a person their script will then pop up, however when I do so ScriptEd opens but there is nothing there, its just blank. Does anyone know why this is happening and if so, how to sort it out?

Thanks In Advance,
-Davie-

Some scripts won't load with ScriptED. Mostly normal text script load. ScriptED can't load "big" scripts, I don't know why.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Hey,

Thanks Christos, your a real help. Could you tell me how you find free space aswell please?

Much Appreicated,
-Davie-

Just open your ROM in a hex editor and scroll down to where there's lots of "00"s. Select one and you'll see its offset. You can use all the offsets from there for your scripts.

_-Davie-_

Hacker Elite
Years
Hey,

Thanks Christos and Prof.9,

This is to do with scripting again I'm afraid (only started learning last night).

I'm fine with getting someone to say for example:

"Here have my Charizard." and then for you to recieve a charizard however if you keep talking to them you keep getting a charizard.

So I thought I'd try and make it so you get one and thats it which i presumed flags were necessary for. I've done some script but its not right somewhere and i was just hoping that someone would be able to explain what I need to add/change.

This is the script:

#org 0x800000
setflag 0x64
checkflag 0x64
compare LASTRESULT YES
if 1 0x800200
message 0x800100
boxset 0x2
clearflag 0x64
end
#org 0x800100
= Here, take my Charizard.
#org 0x800200
givepokemon 0x06 0x1E 0x118

any help appreiciated,
-Davie-

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Hey,

Thanks Christos and Prof.9,

This is to do with scripting again I'm afraid (only started learning last night).

I'm fine with getting someone to say for example:

"Here have my Charizard." and then for you to recieve a charizard however if you keep talking to them you keep getting a charizard.

So I thought I'd try and make it so you get one and thats it which i presumed flags were necessary for. I've done some script but its not right somewhere and i was just hoping that someone would be able to explain what I need to add/change.

This is the script:

#org 0x800000
setflag 0x64
checkflag 0x64
compare LASTRESULT YES
if 1 0x800200
message 0x800100
boxset 0x2
clearflag 0x64
end
#org 0x800100
= Here, take my Charizard.
#org 0x800200

any help appreiciated,
-Davie-

The messages are at the end of the script, checklag is before the setflag so that the event won't be repeated. Check for the other corrections and try using it as a base for your future scripts, it'll be useful until you can do it all by yourself without mistakes.

Code:
#org 0x800000
checkflag 0x64
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 0x800200
setflag 0x64
message 0x800100
boxset 0x6
release
end

#org 0x800200