• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Skies of Fruition [T] [OOC + SU]

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
THERE ARE 4 SPOTS TAKEN AND 2 SPOTS RESERVED

This is the OOC Thread, if you're looking for the IC Thread, it can be found here.

SKIES OF FRUITION

An RP By: Mr. Mammoth
Rated [T] for Teen
---------------------------------

Orre.

You all know it well, don't you? That not-so-well-off region to the west of Johto? That's the one. Orre is of course, not the ideal place to live. Why you ask? Well, haven't you listened to the news for the past… Arceus knows how many years? The crime-rates are high; the people poor, the amount of jobs low, the education poor in most parts and the wild Pokémon are close to non-existent. Doesn't that sound welcoming? Thought so. Other regions have always wondered how this place survives, but no one honestly knows. Some say that legendary Pokémon preserves it for some reason. Others say something about underground lakes or something like that. However the myth that most people believe is the one about the legendary Pokémon. So on a faithful day, many science-teams from other regions went there to investigate. But as you may have guessed, no real progress was made. Many years passed until the scientists gave up. So why am I telling you all of this? Because it's a vital part of the history regarding our region's growth! So sit down and listen, youngster. And no, you may not have a toilet-break, at least not until I'm done. Oh, now don't give me that look! If I've endured the flaming fangs of a Charizard going into my shoulder, you can at least endure your bladder getting filled up!

Now where was I? Oh yeah! A few nights after the scientists left, a strange glow started to develop in the middle of Orre's vast and unforgiving desert. People started to get perplexed by it, frightened by it, aggravated by it. There were many opinions about this strange development, but there was one thing everyone agreed on. Which one, you ask? Pssh, I can't believe I get to explain this to someone as thick as yourself! Sigh… But I guess that's why you need the education. Anyways, everyone in the Orre region agreed on one thing, that the scientists were responsible for this. Think about it, this light had never been sighted before, but then the scientists from another region came and suddenly it was there. The people demanded answers, but unfortunately, no one could give them what they asked for. Everyone in Orre became either outraged or scared s***-less, the point being that a chaos now began to spread across the region.

What caused even more chaos was the fact that the light attracted the authorities from all of the other regions. People from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova now traveled to Orre in order to study this unusual phenomenon. Now the strange thing was that the light seemed to grow brighter and wider as more and more people gathered in the region. All of these people observed the light, but again, nothing happened. Not for a few nights at least.

It was cold and dark night, like it usually was in Orre's desert. People started to grow tired of watching the light. But then, when they thought that their span of attention had left the light, a small flower shot up where the light was. It was a very beautiful flower, its stalk and leaves were lime-green and its petals were flare-red. Soon after it, another flower shot up. This one did not have the same beauty as the previous one, but it was still a sight to behold. Then, another flower shot up. Followed by another one. And another one. And another- What? You want me to get on with it? Psh, kids these days. You're just like pythons, you have absolutely zero patience. Anyway, all of the people soon found themselves standing in a field of flowers that just kept on growing throughout the desert. Everyone was amazed to say the least, and soon other things took a turn for the better. Some people living in The Under of Pyrite Town had suddenly found an array of valuable ores and gemstones. Soon the mining-mogul Clay of Unova saw the possibilities and bought the whole Under. It didn't cost him much, but it was enough for the people of Pyrite to earn some money. His mining business moved there and gave many people new and well-paid jobs.

Oh yeah, I found this note here that says "In the password-section, put three letters of your choice. They can be in any combination of big or small, and they have to be followed by three numbers of your choice. Oh, the letters and numbers can't be the same as any other RPers, so keep that in mind." Any idea what it means? No? Well then, let's carry on.

During the next ten years, Orre's economy skyrocketed. Well, in reality it stabilized, but to the people living in the region it skyrocketed. New jobs became available and new towns were built in the lush forests and meadows that once were a desert. And of course, with a new flora also came a new fauna. A lot of Bird-Pokémon started to rest in Orre during their seasons of migration, and some chose to stay for good. With Pokémon actually beginning to appear, the marketing business for PokéBalls also went up. But it seemed like no Pokémon besides certain Flying-types moved into the region… So what did the government do? Well, they sent money to breeders all around the world with orders for them to breed as many species of Pokémon as possible to deliver to Orre. Since everybody likes money, almost all of the breeders started to get to work and soon many species of Pokémon from different regions were shipped into Orre. Due to this, the once vast region now became filled with maybe the most diverse set of Pokémon ever to be laid eyes upon.

Now why am I telling you all of this? Well, you are supposed to travel here for quite some time now, so I thought that I should tell you about our history. Ya' little whippersnapper. Oh, I almost forgot. Here's your map, it may come in handy you know.

0C2fq.png

So, this seems fun and all right? You're one of the many young and budding Trainers who wants to try their luck in the improved Orre region. So why not have a go at it? Orre now has a Pokémon League and eight Gyms to conquer! Interesting right? However, there may be even more in the bag for you than just that. Y'see, shady individuals have been appearing here and there, but nobody knows what they're up to. So actually, you have a choice. Do you want to conquer the fairly new League and Gyms, or do you want to gain knowledge of these shady individuals? I'm even gonna' be so nice that I'll let you do both if you so wish!

But first, there are of course some rules:

I am the GM here. That means that my word is absolute law here, can't stress this enough.

Follow regular PC-Rules, okay?

This RP is rated T for Teen, so try to keep it at that please? Romance is allowed as I'm quite the romantic person myself hehehe. Okay, enough jokes. Romance is allowed, but nothing past kissing.

Be nice to other players. If this is going to work, I need you guys to be a friendly bunch to each other (Not that I have any distrust for the friendliness level of the people RPing here).

If you however would strike a problem with your fellow RPer, come to me and I'll sort it out to the best of my ability for you.

No Godmodding whatsoever. I mean come on, that stuff isn't fun for anyone, not even for yourself. And if you think that it's fun to godmod, then you're just fooling yourself. Bunnying is allowed, IF, that character's player or I say it's okay to do so.

If you're going to be away for a longer time, please inform me of so first. If you do not post in one week, I'll give you a warning, another warning and you will be dropped from the RP.

And now for some side notes:

As the times changed, the Double-Battle standard in Orre did not. So, all battles in this RP will be Double-Battles unless you're fighting wild Pokémon or I state otherwise.

The changes to Orre has only happened during the past twenty years, however, this RP takes place a fair amount of time after Colosseum and XD.

The catch-rate of Pokémon will be determined by dice. Pokémon labeled as 'Common' will have a catch-rate of 5/6; 'Uncommon' will have 4/6 and so on.

I will tell you if your Pokémon levels up or is able to learn a new move.

Reservations lasts for 48 hours.

Now for the Sign Up:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Name: Ellsworth Jimmerson
Sex: Male, but possibly Canadian...

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality:
Spoiler:

History:
Spoiler:

Password: sUp762
Starter Pokémon: Slugma

Ellsworth's Team of Freaks:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
This looks awesome :3

Name: Lavender Vance

Sex: Female

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality:

Lavender is what most people would call, the typical popular teenage girl. She is spoiled, never having had to ask for anything and she hates to get dirty. She can be rude to girls she sees as a threat as well as to people that upset her or anger her, and extremely flirty to cute guys. Though Lavender is very kind to those she sees as her friends. She is a cheerleader and athletic so she has plenty of pep and joy as well as the sassy I'm better than you attitude. In fact she is mostly happy unless she sees or reads something sad, or gets hurt. Her favorite colors are a dark purplish pink, and the colors grey and black. She holds a strong love for Pokemon, but prefers the cuter looking Pokemon like Oddish, Togepi, etc. to other Pokemon, but she will train any, she just hopes to get all the cute Pokemon she can.

History:

Lavender was born and raised in Celadon City in the Kanto Region. She was the oldest of a set of triplets, Rose, and Violet and had one little brother, Neil. Growing up Lavender and her sisters where cared for deeply and loved, also extremely popular though Lavender was the leader of the group. Though unlike her sisters Lavender showed a great love for Pokemon, but in a way she was glad for it, to have one thing she was interested in that she only had to share with her brother. It was a bonding experience for her and Neil, though she was still sassy to him. Once Lavender hit high school at age fourteen she forgot all about her love for Pokemon, she quickly became one of the most popular and sought after girls along with her two sisters. Lavender was on the homecoming court, and dated several popular guys as well as becoming a cheerleader.

It wasn't until she was 16 that she remembered how much she loved Pokemon when her class took a field trip to the Celadon City gym. There she got to wittness a battle between Erika the gym leader and a trainer that had stopped in town. Paying rapt attention Lavender watched the battle in fascination and watched as the challenger won the Rainbow Badge. After that day, Lavender would often go to the gym after school if she didn't have practice, a date to go on, or a party to go to. She was still after-all, a popular girl. Finally a year later after she turned 17, her parents gave their blessing for her to travel to the improved Orre Region to challenge the new Pokemon League there. Thrilled to go, Lavender set ff immedietly taking the S.S. Anne which had a new route heading in that area to try her luck as a Pokemon Trainer.

Password: AsM036

Starter Pokémon: Drowzee

Last edited:

Galdr

ドラゴンのおうじ
Years
I absolutely love the Orre region, and I'd like a reserve as well. (By the way, the text you have is way too small, so I had to CP it in notepad to read it. Haha) Give me about a good 30 minutes to come up with a character that isn't my main Orre-trainer. XD I'll edit this post.

Edit: Never mind. I don't think I could get a character in. Sorry for wasting time.

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
heretostay: try putting the image in spoiler tags, that will make it take up less room.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Alright.One sec.I'll get right on it.

Here it is. What do you think?

Name:(I will ask for this, but not for your quest)Damian Lewis

Sex: (Male, Female or Canadian)Male

Appearance: (What does your character look like? A picture may be provided, if not, then I'd like a good paragraph please.)
Spoiler:

Personality: (How does your character act? At least one paragraph.)Damian is a pretty serious guy. He talks a lot about honor and other such things, but he loves to relax, and is very layed back most of the time. He loves a good fight, but won't start one. He's generally really nice, but can be a bit harsh when he believes people are getting in over their heads. He is a bit of a ladies' man and is a flirtatious guy. He is majorly protective over his friends and family.

History: (What's your character's story so far? What did they do until they decided to travel to Orre? At least two good paragraphs.) Damian grew up in Lavaridge Town as a child. His skin became dark at an early age due to the constant heat and the lava atop Mount Pyre. He was brought up in a wealthy family who owned the hot springs, so he had no shortage of money. His mother, however, was pushed into the volcano when he was around seven. Ever since then, he has had a strong fear of fire.

At age eleven, he had his first encounter with a Pokemon, a Wingull brought to Lavaridge by a man by the name of Mr. Briney. He loved it, and hence forth decided that water type pokemon were the thing for him. After a few years of adventuring in the Mirage Desert (under the supervision of his father and a personal bodyguard), he chose to ask his father for money to go to Slateport City. He reluctantly agreed, and gave his son enough money to feed a small country that would never receive it. When he arrived, he heard news of the Orre region and decided to journey there. There were bound to be brand new water pokemon!

Password: dbt72

Starter Pokémon: (Which one do you want? There are six to choose from, each with a move they normally shouldn't know): Carvanaha

Sorry about the oversized picture. It just popped up like that. :p

Last edited:

PkmnRangerJ

Pokemon Ranger
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
I've made an SU you can't refuse :P
Or else you will wake up with a Rapidash head on ur bed.

Name: Vincent "Vinny" Rugulo

Sex: Male

Appearance: Vincent isn't a fan of pictures; especially flash photography, but just cameras in general, call him old fashioned. When interviewed by a certain Officer Jenny, many of the.... more..... colorful women remember him as tall, about 6 feet even, with a decent build. The last outfit he was in was a seemingly expensive black suit with red tie and black loafers; the quality being near perfect, as though it were made of Houndoom leather. (though it is pretty torn up and bloody now) He had a fairly tan complexion, being the Boss's (former) right hand man means you're often outside in the sun as much as he is. What the women seem to remember most is his long flowing black hair, such sheen could've only been produced by black market high end Silcoon conditioner. (although it isn't exactly in prime condition now, with all the dirt, spit, and blood) In his current state in the middle of Orre.... let's just say there are some new additions to his features, but only temporarily. A black eye, a torn up and bloody 5000 pokedollar suit, and he seems to be missing a shoe. How the mighty have fallen.

Personality: While most twenty year olds would be high strung and crazy, Vincent was raised better than that. He is respectful, patient, and an educated gentleman. His generosity is only matched by his ruthlessness. When he wants to be cold, he is a human Ice Beam. When he wants to be vicious, an Ursaring is tame by comparison. He is a charismatic man truly capable of garnering the big 3 from everyone he meets: Fear, Love, and Respect.
Mostly fear, with good reason, considering he currently has plenty of reasons to tear certain people limb from bloody limb.

History: Vinny had everything a shrewd businessman and the youngest Team Rocket executive straight out of Cinnabar Tech (and right hand man of the Boss) could ever want: Money, Power, Women, and Respect. He lived a lavish lifestyle while keeping a level head when it came to his (relatively high) place in the pecking order; he was more than well off enough to not need to force his way to the top.
But even the best laid plans of Rattata and men go awry: He found out that the current Team Rocket boss, Giovanni Jr, had done the unthinkable: snitched to an Officer Jenny about their operations in the Game Corner while they were bumping uglies. Vincent did what any Rocket member loyal to the organization would have done: confront him and make sure the traitor sleeps with the Magikarps.
However somehow Vinny was framed for it! No one could believe it at first, but no one questions the Boss. The disgraced executive managed to put all of his funds into a hidden account before being found by several grunts with the Boss. They beat him to a bloody pulp and released his pokemon, leaving him to rot in the middle of the Orre region. When he came too, he saw red. What the Boss didn't know was that Vincent's influence was all over Orre. Plenty of people in this formerly god-forsaken region owe their prosperity to his investments. He would rebuild his own empire from the ground-up; and have his revenge.

Password: DCU999

Starter Pokémon: Tynamo

Last edited:

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
WOAH. I did not expect to see so many people wanting to sign up already! In any case:

@Vato: Well, you my good sir, are RESERVED.

@Genevieve: I'd like to accept you, but there are some problems with that.
1. I really can't see the picture in your SU, could you please fix that?
2. I know that this is gonna' sound like a lot of BS, but someone has already reserved Oddish some time ago. You'll have to take another one. Fix these things and I'll gladly accept you.

@Charizard_Man: By the power of GM-stuff, I hereby declare you RESERVED!

@heterostay123: Okay, your SU looks good! However, you seemed to have misinterpreted the password part a bit. But since I'm in a good mood right now, AND the misinterpretation is oh-so small, I'll go ahead and ACCEPT you.

@PokemonRangerJ: I like your character of a man with passion and passionness and stuff. And even though I'd hate to wake up with a Rapidash's head in my bed, there are some things regarding your SU that I'm not really contempt with.
1. This RP IS rated T for Teen, thus I'd advise you to tone down on the killing of Vincent's Pokémon. Maybe they were just taken away from him? Besides, you really don't have to specify how you obtained your starter, I'll get to that eventually. However, I probably should've speified that earlier, so I kinda dropped the ball on that one. But, you still shouldn't have him kill another guy for his Pokémon.

So, fix that and the picture and you'll be good to go. But for now, you are RESERVED.

@Pixelrush: I'm glad you're interested in the RP, but I think that all of the spots for reservation has been filled. However, if someone should fail to turn in their reservation by the time-limit, I will definately send you a message regarding this situation.

Pokemonmaster_draco

One Of The Best
Years
Le Monsieur Mammoth...Est ce que tu peux me envoyer un message ci des reservation ne ces tourne pas sil-te-plais...

English: Mr.Mammoth, can you please inform me if a reservation doesn't turn up in time please? I really like the plot, mostly the whole based story I like..so if you could please...:-)

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
@Pokemonmaster_draco: Mais oui monseiur! The fun part is that I've actually taken French-classes a long time ago, so I kinda understood the french part of your post. Inany case, I'd be more than happy to inform you if anything happens!

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Finished Mammoth! Hope it's worthy of AWESOME.

Name: Chris Mare

Sex: Female (Maybe... I think she's actually Canadian...)

Appearance:

"If a little dirt is all that stands between me and this door, I will roll in the mud in order to get out of here!

Average height, average weight, semi-average chest. You'd look at Chris and notice those things first. You'd also notice the dirt on her tanned skin, the fact that her nails are so short they barely count, and possibly that she's busy kneeling on the ground most of the time. That's Chris, Berry worker extraordinaire, smelling like flowers with mulch dotting her fingertips! She has this really, really bright red hair. It's almost like... a stop sign, it's so bright. It's also been whacked at haphazardly with scissors, so it's so uneven and jagged the locks are probably growing incorrectly. Chris has eyes so blue they're almost purple, wide and bright on her slightly angular face.

She loves cool colors like blues and purples too, so of course she has them everywhere, even around her neck in a tattoo of a necklace. Yes it hurt. She dealt with it. Her shirt is a blue short-sleeve covered by a pale purple vest. Oddly enough, Chris has grey pants on and mostly white sneakers. You'd think she was concerned by dirt. Not her! She's got too much work to do to care! Besides her bag is always clean.

Personality:

"I will not stand for this!" *sits down* "I will fight for what I believe in, no matter how stupidly I have to do it!"

Cheers~ Chris ain't given up the goose! She's the happiest bugger and the sly fox too. Don't doubt her instincts, cause they ain't wrong yet! Will she charge in first? Most likely. Will she fall onto her butt? ABSOLUTELY. But that's part of the fun. Wisecracker she is, Chris just gets back up after a fall like that anyway. By the outward side of things, nothing can or will get her down. Hard work is her standby and dreaming is her pasttime. This tends to make her drag others with her, particularly if they're useful. She's stupid enough to keep going and smart enough to drag others with her.

Surprisingly, Chris has common sense... sometimes. At least when it comes to keeping things alive. She's good at botany and medicine-making. Unfortunately she's not good at using it for nice things. She's used to using it for money! Money YESSS. Money makes the world go round a lot of the time, like plants. Because that TOTALLY makes sense. She's a bit of a grubber in this regard, having grown up in a flower shop. That doesn't mean that's all that' on her mind though. Men are on her mind! Sometimes. Helping people smile is on her mind all the time. Make people smile and steal their dough! Sounds like a plan to me!

Having grown up around Pokemon, she's learned how to take the hands-on oo-lemme-see approach. She'd rather figure them out than be told what to do. She's prideful and stubborn like that. Having not won or lost much, she's not particularly concerned over things like that. Meet Chris! Good luck with her!

History:

Chris was born in Rustboro, or to be specific, that little route outside Rustboro with the flower shop and Petalburg Forest looming not too far off. So, to be honest, she was born outside of anything interesting. GOD DARN HER LIFE. Unfortunately, Chris was magically unaware of this implication, and proceeded to run around the area like it was the backyard of awesome according to Arceus. The trainers who stopped there were frequently horribly confused, especially since she once demanded a toll fee.

Deciding to attempt to put this heath hazard down right now, her mother promptly sat her down and began to teach her about the soothing aroma of flowers. Well, it didn't exactly soothe her, but it did give her something to do, especially since there was so much you could do with flowers and leaves and berries... and just plants in general. It focused all of her energy... and Chris did eventually stop bugging trainers and people... at least until she met a Taillow at the age of nine.

That meeting was fun! She chased it all the way through Rustboro until a Nincada on the next route occupied its attention and she caught it! Without a Pokeball, so of course it flew away. Sad... However! It did interest her in Pokemon and convinced Chris to attempt the Pokemon Trainer's School.

Unlike her love of plants and biology, this one didn't last long. Chris just could not stay at a desk for very long. It was like asking Darkrai not to spread nightmares. It just didn't work. So she just went to skipping school and wandering the routes and befriending wild Pokemon. What? Doesn't everyone do that? It's so much fun!

But anyway, she pretty much spent the last few years of her life (until now) working at home. Sometimes they got new seeds and such and that would lock Chris upstairs in her room for hours. She would have Apricorns and Berries littered everywhere, just to see what she could combine. This... kind of annoyed her father. Chris needed friends. So he dragged her to Slateport and threw her on a boat to Orre, claiming she needed to do something normal for a change. Chris still isn't sure what's going on.

Password: sPM923

Starter Pokémon: Oddish

PkmnRangerJ

Pokemon Ranger
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
SU has been edited ^.^ since idk how to put a spoiler/picture, i used a description xD

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Okay! Sorry for the long response-time to your SUs, I was busy being handcuffed on my bed. Oh god that sounds wrong...

In any case, let's move on shall we?

@Vato: Really good SU my good sir, you can consider yourself canadian, err I mean ACCEPTED!

@PkmnRangerJ: Good! You fixed the majiggies in your SU, so you're good to go! AAAACCEPTED!

@Fuyu: Hah! That SU made me laugh with joy and entertainment! As always, I find your characters amusing so you are of course ACCEPTED!

@Genevieve: It says that the attatchment isn't functioning anymore. But you can just VM or PM me a picture/description and I'll accept you.

@heterostay123: You had written "letter-number-letter-letter-number-number" when it was "letter-letter-letter-number-number-number" so it's EXTREMELY minor. But you had gotten the idea, so don't stress it.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
That does sound wrong. :P Glad you're okay and thank you for being entertained by my sign up! It's not Jade sadly but we all know she has a different universe to be at.

Back