• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite Pokemon type?

What's your favorite type?

• Total voters
Years
Leave your favorite type and give a reason why.

I like Ice types because I like cold weather and that's my personality.

I like Dragon types because they're just awesome, and they can learn a wide variety of moves.

Last edited:

NavyBlue

Hoenn Lover
Years
I'd have to say...
Water, 'cause I just love them.
Grass, cool and fast.
Dark, because DARKNESSSSS
Maybe a hint of Fairy, it's better than expected.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2013
mine fire, because of charizard.
ice because of articuno
electric because of pikachu
and dragon because of dragonite

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
My favorite types I guess I'd choose since that's the main types that my favorite Pokemon are (normal: Watchog, Linoone, Furret, fighting: Mienfoo, Mienshao, water: Dewott, Buizel, Floatzel), using them a lot, I learned to like the type that they where.After a while I started using different Pokemon of the types I like and I was surprised that I actually loved the types - which ones are they?

Normal - it's my absolute favorite type of Pokemon, and they can learn a variety of attacks (usually via TM) of other types.

Fighting - it was thanks to Mienfoo that really got me into using fighting types, really enjoy using them with combined with other types - It's why I love and prefer double or triple battles the most.

Water - 3 most favorite attacks (Aqua Tail - Surf - Razor Shell) are water types, and loving sea-otters is another reason why I also prefer water types.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 51
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
Water, but not because of the characteristics of the Pokemon. Rather it's because I've always been someone who's loved the sea. Probably had something to do with the many trips to Norway I took with my family to see my uncle and going out on his boat.

Years
Dark and Psychic because I love magic-y kinds of things in games and I guess those types are the closest to it (also they look awesome!)

And I guess a bit of Fairy too since it seems like the new OP (seriously though, create a new type to balance out Dragon and yet give that type only two weaknesses with them being some of the lesser used types ¬.¬)

Years
Water.

Yeah, not grass! Surprised? Your favorite type and pokémon can be different!

Anyhow.. I really like the water type.. It tends to be super effective on often hard hitting ground and fire types and I guess I should add that I've always picked the water starter in every generation.

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
Years
The Normal type. It's looked down upon because "a lot of the Pokémon are too basic" and "they never have a place on people's teams".

Normal types will always have a place on your team because they're so versatile. They can learn tons of moves of different types. If you want an Electric type but are too lazy to chase down a Pikachu, teach your Linoone Shock Wave. If you need to train up a Psychic type for the next gym but don't have to time to grind up that underleveled Ralts in your PC, just teach your Chansey Psychic and you're done.

Also, they're very common and that comes in handy. Instead of searching all over for some rarity, I can catch a Linoone instead and teach it some of the same moves that the rare Pokémon can learn.

So what if they're stats aren't as high as Pokémon like Garchomp or Salamence? They're good enough for me. Not to mention, I'm perfectly fine with a good challenge and don't like it when things are too easy. A team of relatively "weaker" Pokémon will makes things interesting. Finally, wouldn't you feel prouder beating the champion of a region with a team of Pokémon that people claim are weak, useless and boring? Wouldn't it feel good to prove them all wrong?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 14, 2017
Psychic, Dark, and Fire.
Psychic because it's always been really good for me, my Psychic type Pokemon Espeon and Slowbro are really strong, Dark because there are a lot of really cute Dark type Pokemon like Zorua and Houndour and Honchkrow. . . Fire type because I just think it's awesome. Burn everything down!! Mwhahaha. . .

LordGilbunny

Pokemon Game Collector
Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2015
Bug.

I like bug type pokemon mainly because they are underrated and they are actually very good in battle. Bug type pokemon also evolve quickly so they get stronger faster.

Galvantula is my favorite bug type because of the type coverage it has. Electric counters the Flying types(One of bugs weaknesses) and the Water types. Bug counters the Dark, Psychic and Grass types.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I like water types because the designs for most of them have captivated me to no end in sight back when I was a kid. And yes I know that sounds really creepy lol.

Nomine

サトセレ
Years
I have three favourites: Ice, Steel, and Rock. I prefer those types since they aren't very commonly used. Ever since my Walrein/Aggron/Cradily combo back in R/S/E, I've always enjoyed having those types on my team.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
I have a few myself, now that gen6 is out i have a different list than before:

1.Fire. My absolute number 1 spot, no doubt. I just love most of the fire-type designs. And their moves are super-powerful too.

2.Water. Yeah i know "it can beat fire why is it second?" Well lemme say just one word:Luvdisc.

3.Fairy. I could never think of something more hilarious than to overkill a dragonite with an Azurill...YEAH.

4.Dragon. God i love them. Draco meteor must be one of the greatest of all times.

5.Dark. Umbreon,Tyranitar,Houndoom...shall i continue?

6.Ground. Except for Stunfisk, that type is crazy! Earthquake,Bulldoze,Earth power....

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Normal Types -- they're anything but. They're my favorite types because many of my favorite designs, including Skitty and Delcatty, are Normal. Mammals happen to be my favorite class of animals, too, and of course many Normals are mammalian. I also like the sheer diversity of the moves they can learn - I can teach my fluffy cat to bring in a blizzard or have my three-tailed bull let loose lightning from the sky. You get tons of options. Not to mention many Normal moves themselves are awesome, such as Hyper Beam, Crush Claw, and Giga Impact, just to name a few.

Other favorites of mine are Grass, Ice, Dragon, Dark, and perhaps Ground and Fairy.

My least favorite types, I guess, are Fighting and maybe Water and Bug.

Kyeto

Pokemon Professor
Years
My favourite types are Grass and Dark types. And now recently i love the fighting types.
I love how powerful and stealthy these guys can be.

Last edited:

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
Years
Water and Dark types are my favorite.

Always have one of each!

Back