• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports Pro Wrestling

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Anyone else looking forward to the match between Lesnar and Joe at this upcoming PPV? It seems that they prefer having their belt on full-timers, so I could see Joe pulling off the win, even if he's merely a transitional champion.

Also very curious to see how Matt unravels his Broken gimmick, if there's any possibility of it!

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
Joe vs Lesnar sounds awesome... I haven't tuned in to wrestling for a while... not after they botched FInn Balors return and Shinskei Nakamura... I was planning on catching up recently... but the Lavar Ball segment killed me.

Probablly not going to watch WWE for a couple of months to detoxify XD

I'm too busy cheering on Roman to give a ****.

Is he still a face? Or has there been a drastic change to his gimick?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I don't feel like they've botched Nakamura's debut; in general, it looks as though the casual crowd take him to be a bit awkward. If only Nakamura had a mouthpiece, similarly to how Lesnar has Heyman.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
But has a mouthpiece... its one of his costume gimicks XD

But seriously tho, I kinda agree... its hard to sell a Japanese star that isn't a villain in WWE I remeber the success of Tajiri (Primarily a heel) againts Yoshi Tatsu (A lower card face jobber)

Still they should make him a Lawfull Evil Heel... it fits his character better... When he connects with the crowd, then that should be the time to turn him face.

But they might still turn on him... Seth has been doing great Face work but the Fans have completely turned on him and asking to turn him Heel again...

Finn Balor tho... now that's a complete botch in terms of returns...

I'll wait and see I guess... The appearance of Lavar Ball on WWE TV still triggered the crap out of me. I already see him enough on Basketball/NBA TV I don't wan't to see him in wresting too...

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It's a sad situation for Balor overall; had to vacant his belt immediately upon winning way back, and now his current run. Hopefully, things will pick back up for the guy.

Years
While there's always going to be a guy like Cena or Reigns at the top, it still boggles my mind when you look at some of the other guys that have been upper card guys in the past year or so. Balor, Nakamura, AJ Styles, Owens, Samoa Joe, etc. were all key players in other companies just a few years ago, and now all of them have held major titles in the company, whether that be the WWE, Universal, or NXT championships.

Speaking of NXT, I'm going to be seeing it live on Thursday, and I'm actually pretty pumped. Haven't been following along with the show as much lately, and I know the roster isn't what it was even a year ago, but I think I'm more excited to see it than I have been for any other WWE house show, haha.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Definitely nice to see them give others a shot at the spotlight rather than only their own home-grown talent, haha.

Attending an NXT event has been one of my goals for the past year.

Years
If you can, definitely go do it! The fans at NXT crowds are usually a little more hardcore than your standard WWE live show, and they usually run smaller venues too, which makes for a great atmosphere.

It was a really good show, with a main event of Drew McIntyre/Roderick Strong vs. Bobby Roode/Andrade Almas. Roode probably got one of the biggest reactions I've ever seen at a house show, and no matter what he did, the crowd went crazy for him.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
The quality of the Main Roster has definitely deteriorated over the past few years. On the plus side Women's Wrestling got more competitive, good to see they aren't just there as props & fillers.

I don't hate Roman Reigns, he is a decent wrestler, but he lacks that star power & he's not really skillful with the mike either, so that doesn't help. And that's what's wrong, lack of charismatic wrestlers. Ya there are the likes of Rollins, Styles, Owens, Zayn, Corbin, Balor, Nakamura, but can they really carry the company forward, not sure. Even Cena's been on & off, & he isn't getting any younger (same with Orton). I do hope his current stay runs longer.

I think the company has let go of some great talent, like Punk, Del Rio, Jack Swagger, Wade Barrett. And some of them like Ziggler, have been relegated to the background.

Happy to see Jinder Mahal getting the push. Don't care what anyone has to say, but I think he deserved it. I want to see him win against Orton at BattleGround & then pit him against Cena.

And please let Lesnar lose the title to Reigns/Joe at SummerSlam. I don't believe they fed Goldberg to Lesnar at WrestleMania. I guess everyone knew what the eventual result was gonna be, but still. This is what's wrong with the company, they keep pushing a part-timer, who's absent for months. Doesn't the give-up-your-title-if-you-haven't-defended-it-for-over-30-days rule apply to him?

Pika Pika :chu:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
It's strange but Smackdown has been better than RAW for a while now.

RAW in theory has the better roster but they have somehow really hurt Balors and Bayley's momentum. Bayley's looked like a sure thing not so long ago but got buried by Alexa in one of the most one sided feuds ever whilst Balor is sadly directionless.

I like Cesaro/Sheamus as Tag Champs and Sasha Banks might be the best female Superstar in WWE. Titus Worldwide is pretty fun but RAW being too long at 3 hours and a Champion who is hardly ever there hurts the show.

On Smackdown the roster feels deeper. Whilst some might not like him I think Jinder has done well as Champion so far. Corbin was a great choice for money in the bank. Other than Lana the women's division is pretty good too but they need to do more with Becky Lynch.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
It's strange but Smackdown has been better than RAW for a while now.

RAW in theory has the better roster but they have somehow really hurt Balors and Bayley's momentum. Bayley's looked like a sure thing not so long ago but got buried by Alexa in one of the most one sided feuds ever whilst Balor is sadly directionless.

I like Cesaro/Sheamus as Tag Champs and Sasha Banks might be the best female Superstar in WWE. Titus Worldwide is pretty fun but RAW being too long at 3 hours and a Champion who is hardly ever there hurts the show.

On Smackdown the roster feels deeper. Whilst some might not like him I think Jinder has done well as Champion so far. Corbin was a great choice for money in the bank. Other than Lana the women's division is pretty good too but they need to do more with Becky Lynch.
Smack Down is definitely more competitive & better than RAW. RAW has just too many wrestlers compared to Smack Down & making the show 3 hours long not a wise decision at all, they waste more time on gimmicks rather than actual action.

Bayley is the most annoying Wrestler in the Women's Division, especially because of her gimmick. And her Finisher is a freakin' Belly to Belly simplex, it like one the most basic moves in wrestling. She seems like a lost 12-yr old in the midst of adults. Just release her. Lana actually surprised me, she is much more talented than Bayley at least. She did quite well against Naomi, who I think is a good choice for a Champion right now, she has the charisma & the talent, as is Bliss on Raw & I think Bliss isn't losing the Title any time soon.

Titus Worldwide is okay, I find the Fashion Files funnier. And yeah, please let Lesnar lose, let us have an active Champion like Jinder is on Smack Down.

Sheamus/Cesaro vs the Hardys stole the show at Great Balls of Fire. One of the best Iron Man matches I've ever seen. It was a great move teaming up Sheamus & Cesaro, their singles careers were going nowhere.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
I think the saying 'actions speak louder than words' is relevant in this case.

I could give two shit's less what Reigns says on the mike. It's what he does that matters. The fact that most people hate him only makes me like him more.

And no, Jinder as champion is the stupidest thing I've ever seen in my entire life. WWE lost their god damn common sense with this BS. It needs to stop. NOW.

Hopefully Cena will save us from this common senselessness at SummerSlam. That way everyone will be mad because he'll have officially broken Ric Flair's 16-time championship record.

While everyone bitches and complains like sore losers I'll be too busy STANDING AND APPLAUDING.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Considering SmackDown is non-flagship, my assumption is that the show's got more young, looking-to-prove-something members on their creative team, which might help explain their competitiveness.

If you can, definitely go do it! The fans at NXT crowds are usually a little more hardcore than your standard WWE live show, and they usually run smaller venues too, which makes for a great atmosphere.

It was a really good show, with a main event of Drew McIntyre/Roderick Strong vs. Bobby Roode/Andrade Almas. Roode probably got one of the biggest reactions I've ever seen at a house show, and no matter what he did, the crowd went crazy for him.

I wouldn't doubt it! Roode is a complete package. His character's got mannerisms from a great deal of past legends as well, which does nothing but help.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Smack Down is definitely more competitive & better than RAW. RAW has just too many wrestlers compared to Smack Down & making the show 3 hours long not a wise decision at all, they waste more time on gimmicks rather than actual action.

Bayley is the most annoying Wrestler in the Women's Division, especially because of her gimmick. And her Finisher is a freakin' Belly to Belly simplex, it like one the most basic moves in wrestling. She seems like a lost 12-yr old in the midst of adults. Just release her. Lana actually surprised me, she is much more talented than Bayley at least. She did quite well against Naomi, who I think is a good choice for a Champion right now, she has the charisma & the talent, as is Bliss on Raw & I think Bliss isn't losing the Title any time soon.

Titus Worldwide is okay, I find the Fashion Files funnier. And yeah, please let Lesnar lose, let us have an active Champion like Jinder is on Smack Down.

Sheamus/Cesaro vs the Hardys stole the show at Great Balls of Fire. One of the best Iron Man matches I've ever seen. It was a great move teaming up Sheamus & Cesaro, their singles careers were going nowhere.

There's some weak finishers in the women's division. Bayley's Bayley to Belly isn't great nor is Alexa's DDT. Thankfully Naomi doesn't use the Rear View for a finisher anymore which makes a more believable Champion. I can see her holdin it until Carmella cashes in unless they want to give Natalya or Tamina a quick reign before then. RAW division - Alexa drops the belt to Nia at Summerslam.

Sheamus/Cesaro as tag champs is a great idea. They need someone else to feud with other than the Hardys. Maybe Titus Worldwide could be it if Titus recruits someone to team with Apollo.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
There's some weak finishers in the women's division. Bayley's Bayley to Belly isn't great nor is Alexa's DDT. Thankfully Naomi doesn't use the Rear View for a finisher anymore which makes a more believable Champion. I can see her holdin it until Carmella cashes in unless they want to give Natalya or Tamina a quick reign before then. RAW division - Alexa drops the belt to Nia at Summerslam.

Sheamus/Cesaro as tag champs is a great idea. They need someone else to feud with other than the Hardys. Maybe Titus Worldwide could be it if Titus recruits someone to team with Apollo.
At least Alexa's got the attitude & she is quite good both in the ring & with the mike. They should cash in on that & let her hold on to that Title for a while. As for Bayley, she just doesn't have it in her, that sweet image she always portrays is way overdone & is very irritating now, she is way too kiddish to be competing at the top level in the WWE.

I think its about time Tamina is given the push, I wouldn't mind her as the Champ, but I doubt that will happen. For some reason I get this feeling that Lana is gonna beat Naomi somewhere down the line & Carmella will cash in on her, just instinct, let's see.

It amazing how well Sheamus & Cesaro have gelled together as a team. Get Gallows/Anderson back in the title picture, that would make for a good fued.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Spoiler:

I'd say put the RAW title on Sasha but she doesn't need it. Alexa is not great in the ring but is very good on the mic. They may do a story where she keeps dodging Nia until dropping it to her.

Bayley's character will stay the same if her merchandise sells. At the RAW house show I went to the only female superstars with merchandise on sale were Bayley and Sasha.

Lana as Smackdown Champion? I hope not. She should manage Tamina for a while. A Tamina reign would be intriguing.

Gallows/Andersen have great synergy but need building up. Beating the Hardys last week was a good start.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Tamina would be! Same goes for Natalia. They've got some great female wrestlers on their division outside of the Four Horsewomen; it's tough to see why they're not being given any shot.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
I think the saying 'actions speak louder than words' is relevant in this case.

I could give two ****'s less what Reigns says on the mike. It's what he does that matters. The fact that most people hate him only makes me like him more.

And no, Jinder as champion is the stupidest thing I've ever seen in my entire life. WWE lost their god damn common sense with this BS. It needs to stop. NOW.

Hopefully Cena will save us from this common senselessness at SummerSlam. That way everyone will be mad because he'll have officially broken Ric Flair's 16-time championship record.

While everyone *****es and complains like sore losers I'll be too busy STANDING AND APPLAUDING.
I'll disagree with you. Pro Wrestling is not just about actions, its about words as well. Its not just a 'sport' its more like entertainment, so you need mike skills as well. A good example of this would be the Miz. His mouth earns him more moolah than his in-ring actions (but he has improved on that as well).

I don't dislike Roman Reigns, but he is just an average wrestler, does not have star quality, not a crowd-puller & cannot speak at all. He has not learned to use the negativity he is subjected to as a motivation factor, an art that a guy like Cena has perfected over the years. He is just too bland, he has no layers to him.

And what's wrong with Jinder as Champion? Time to move away from the Cenas & Ortons. He's not a newbie who's suddenly been pushed to the top, he has been in the industry for a while. The guy is confident, good in the ring & with the mike. Like Cena, he has learned to deal with all the negative comments thrown at him & feeds on that to up his game & prove his detractors wrong every time he's in the ring. Also, unlike a paper champion like Lesnar, he actually goes out there & competes each week. He was unfazed when he faced a multi-time Champion in Orton & held his own. He deserves every bit of the push & he's handled the pressure very well so far. Give him time.

Yeah I would like to see Cena vs Jinder at SummerSlam. Jinder beats Cena & stays Champion. Clap for that!

I'd say put the RAW title on Sasha but she doesn't need it. Alexa is not great in the ring but is very good on the mic. They may do a story where she keeps dodging Nia until dropping it to her.

Bayley's character will stay the same if her merchandise sells. At the RAW house show I went to the only female superstars with merchandise on sale were Bayley and Sasha.

Lana as Smackdown Champion? I hope not. She should manage Tamina for a while. A Tamina reign would be intriguing.

Gallows/Andersen have great synergy but need building up. Beating the Hardys last week was a good start.
It'd be a really bad business strategy taking the Title away from Bliss. She is the best on the RAW Roster rn, I'd say even better than Sasha. Bayley really needs a makeover, maybe turn her heel or just let her go. Her current character is just a big No & really does not fit into the Women's Revolution.

I'd also want to see how Tamina would be as Champion, will be intersting.

You're right, they need a bit more build-up. Maybe a non-Title match with Sheamus/Cesaro, which they win.

Back