• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Use the report button!

Guest123_x1

When you see a post in violation of our site's rules, do you bother to click the warning icon to send a report, or do you just let those posts go hoping a mod will see it sooner or later to take action on his/her own?

Many times, I do use the report button, particularly on newly posted threads that are I know are in violation of our main site rules, such as those asking for media downloads (TV episodes, movies, ROMs, etc.), and also spam, particularly in foreign languages.
I have also regularly reported threads that were revived in violation of the main site or its originating section's rules, particularly if I posted in said thread when it was active (I notice such things when I see a familiar thread suddenly appear on top, and I check the posts to see that they are all several months old or longer.)

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
I've used it once or twice, it was because of spambots. Nothing too serious but still annoying.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
It often depends on the severity of the violation, though I suppose that defeats the purpose as I imagine the most blatant rule-breakers get the most reports and/or are already on the mods' radar.

Melody

Banned
Years
Definitely, but obviously only if it's blatant enough to warrant it.

Not all cases require a report and sometimes the mod can do nothing if they're too unsure themselves. X3

Years
I love reporting, such as when I detect off-topic or spam posts. I also may alert mods with it if a thread is going downhill or belongs in a different section.

Years
I mean... there's four places at least where I don't have to :D
In other sections though of course. If there's a rule being broken or something it's super helpful to know about it since mods don't necessarily see every thread.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
nah i wanna watch the forum collapse under the unbearable weight of errant lawbreakers going unpunished

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I used to! These days I don't really need to as I don't really pay attention to that many other forums so I don't really get the chance lol I used to report a lot but honestly unless it's an adbot for the most part I don't if I'm scrolling through another forum... mainly because I don't notice things out of place in other forums lol

Dude I said forum a lot...

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Can you people using the report button kindly get your ass in my section <3

Years
I have done a couple of times before but nowadays I just know a mod will eventually sort it out.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
well i used to handle them so lmfao. i think i've reported once since leaving which was weird, but on the other hand??? not my problem no more. 8)

Back