• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Of The Month – December 2009 [Entries]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years

Map Of The Month – December 2009 [Entries]

Introduction:

Ms. Manipulation gave me permsission to host this month's MoTM competition so, that's what I'll be doing. I guess I'll be judging myself so natural maps won't work with me, however maps that look nice will. So if it's antural and looks nice, I'm fine with that. :3

You have until Decmber 16th to enter your maps into this month's competitions. On December 17th, the voting thread will posted. Then, you can vote for your favourite map via a poll. You see, out of all the maps entered, the three best will be put through to the poll. If this competition lasts long enough at a high standard, then maybe they'll be included in the PokéCommunity Hall Of Fame. Also, the winner will receive a nice shiny award and a flaming from me if it isn't a Nintendo style map and luckily for natural mappers, Nintendo made maps in RSe sorta natura).

Theme:

A map which is a nice fresh city will be nice. However, the city must be mapped in snow tiles (not completely but mostly snow tiles. There's a nice rom base in rom hacking resources if you can't be bothered to insert tiles). :3

Rules and Entry Form:

·You may only vote once per month.
·Asking or bribing others to vote for your map, will be dealt with accordingly and it wastes usernames >:O.
·Creating new accounts to vote will be dealt with accordingly.
·Voting via the thread is not counted, only votes via the poll count.
·Don't complain that we didn't choose your map, believe me we have good reasoning.

Entry Form:

Map Name: Name of your map must be provided.
Comments: Any comments you want to make on your map.
Credits: Please give credits to the artists of the tiles or ROM bases etc. That you have used.
Map Shot: Post your map in the form of a link, or in a spoiler. Maps not in this form will be rejected because I hate maps which aren't in spoliers and expand a thread's page.

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Guess I won't be participating then.

I'm joking. XD
I'm fair and I won't desriminate maps that are natural. I was just expressing my own personal mapping opinions, which I won't take into account when the judging happens. So, you can map natural. :3

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Is it possible to join with g/s/c maps to the contest :D ?
If so I'll be participitating as well.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I'm joking. XD
I'm fair and I won't desriminate maps that are natural. I was just expressing my own personal mapping opinions, which I won't take into account when the judging happens. So, you can map natural. :3
Ok. I don't actually have any cities yet lol, so I better get started.

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
Years
Map Name: Frostsong City
Comments: Nothing really
Credits: Neti(Base), Fangking Omega(Tiles)
Map shot
Spoiler:

Glitch.

maybe making a comeback
Years
Map Name: Frozen Valley
Comments: my first snow map (hope it meets the theme! If not i can make a new one.)
Credits: Neti, dshayabusa, Fangking Omega
Map shot
Spoiler:

Last edited:

>Dante<

Call me Steven
Years
Map Name: Snow Peace City
Autor: >Dante<
Comments: Original map from Never B&W by Skoria (R!cci) edit by me with permission.
Credits: R!cci and Myself.
Map shot:
Spoiler:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Map Name: Snow Peace City
Autor: >Dante<
Comments: Original map from Never B&W by Skoria (R!cci) edit by me with permission.
Credits: R!cci and Myself.
Map shot:
Spoiler:

Sorry, >Dante<, but I double checked with Manipulation and this entry is invalid as you are not the original mapper of this map. Sorry. :(

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 20, 2010
Map Name: Yukivera Town
Comments: The name is a bilingual portmanteau: it comes from the Japanese yuki ("snow") and the French hiver ("winter"); I added the -a to the end because otherwise it sounds weird. Yukivera Town is built on the side of a mountain; its inhabitants are mostly the scientists who work at the Glacial Research Institute. The path to the right leads to the peak of the mountain, but a scientist is blocking it at first; he tells you that they're doing important research there. The path at the top of the map doesn't lead to the top of the mountain, but something important to the plot happens there.
Credits: Tiles from Frozen Rombase by Neti, dshayabusa, and Fangking Omega
Map Shot:
Spoiler:

→goon

pokémon auburn version←
Years
Map Name: Snowfall City
Credits: kymotonian, Alucus, Alistair, zein, Wesley_FG, Xiros
Comments: A lot of these tiles are heavily edited to fit the snow theme by me, so please do not steal the edited ones at least. The buildings have no snow on them because they have roof heaters? (My way of covering up my terrible spriting ability and being unable to sprite snow on them. XD)

Map:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Map Name: Snowville
Comments: A place where in all seasons, it snows. And if the picture's blurred, I blame Tinypic!
Credits: Neti's Rombase and the Creator of the tiles in it.
Map Shot:
Spoiler:

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
Map Name: Powderfall Town
Credits:
Neti, dshayabusa, and Fangking Omega
Comments: The 8th town in my hack. The mountain leads upwards to the top, where Articuno is, and the gym leads upwards to the roof, where the leader is.
Mapshot:

Spoiler:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Map Name: Sleethorn Village
Comments: Sleethorn village is a day's climb from the nearest town, so its inhabitants constructed a cable lift to traverse the dangerous perils that the mountain secretes amongst its deep ravines and light alpine forests; hence the fence to protect inhabitants from being stupid and dying. The blue building is the docking station for the cable lift, while the cave entrance leads somewhere most likely a cave or something. This map has turned out be a lot more 'natural' than most of the maps I make, so I guess its been some good practice :P
Credits: Neti, dshayabusa, Fangking Omega (Everyone who was involved in making the Snow ROM Base - I slightly edited some stuff for this particular map), Cable lift lines and pole thingies are stolen borrowed from a Ruby ROM.
Map Shot:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Map Name: Borreas Village [From Borreas Snowland, the snowy dreamland.]
Credits: Me myself and i .Seth for making the wonderful snow patch, JC for some tiles, Kyledove for some tiles, me for tile combinations/ palettes and the map, Trebuh [+Me] for the icy bridge [I screwed it but meh]
Comments: This is truly one of my crappiest maps.
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Otter

Reminiscing Every Now and Then
Years
Oh hallo, I've never entered here before. Good time to start, I s'pose. O:

Map Name: Iceberg City
(not inserted in any hack)

Comments: A costal village in the frigid waters of the north. Its waters are blocked by large chunks of ice throughout most of the year, but the small inlet is maintained by a local ice-breaking vessel during the coldest seasons. There is no gym in this town, but a research institute jointly occupies the building of the local museum in the lower west end of the city. The path leading west out of the city is better maintained and leads to larger communities along the coast, while the path leading northeast is a popular hiking route along the rocky coast.
Note: Ice does not function the same as with Nintendo. It is not walkable in any way. The dark water is surfable.

Credits:
+ [Snow ROM Base] Neti, dshayabusa, Fangking Omega
+ WesleyFG, Kyledove, Alistair, myself
Spoiler:

Mapshot:
[Warning, a tad bit large]
Spoiler:

Last edited:

snap12

Billie Jean is not my lover
Years
Map Name: Frostworth Snow Temple

Comments: This is a temple/village/sanctuary devoted to the worship of Articuno. Its way up on a mountain peak so it is above the tree line. The "Gym" is basically just a side-quest to prove that you are deserving of catching Articuno and protecting it I guess :p There is also a Lapras event that occurs here. The smaller rock huts are supposed to be peoples houses and the one with a chansey in front is a make-shift pokecenter :) The bridge over the waterfall took me sooo long so please notice them! Haha, it sucks being new at this. I started mapping a week and a half ago and this is what I have to show for it. I dont think its too bad but then again what do I know? ;)

Credits: MASTEROFPUPPETS93, Saurav, Wesley FG, Gary93, Doktor Worm Base--- For the MOP Rom base. I heavily edited a lot of tiles to make this work however.

Map Shot:

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Map Name: Frostworth Snow Temple

Comments: This is a temple/village/sanctuary devoted to the worship of Articuno. Its way up on a mountain peak so it is above the tree line. The "Gym" is basically just a side-quest to prove that you are deserving of catching Articuno and protecting it I guess :p There is also a Lapras event that occurs here. The smaller rock huts are supposed to be peoples houses and the one with a chansey in front is a make-shift pokecenter :) The bridge over the waterfall took me sooo long so please notice them! Haha, it sucks being new at this. I started mapping a week and a half ago and this is what I have to show for it. I dont think its too bad but then again what do I know? ;)

Credits: MASTEROFPUPPETS93, Saurav, Wesley FG, Gary93, Doktor Worm Base--- For the MOP Rom base. I heavily edited a lot of tiles to make this work however.

Map Shot:

I'm sorry, but I don't consider that a city, I see that as a cave. So this entry is invalid.
And the enrties are now over, I'll get this thread locked and make the voting one later. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back