• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
The Solo Challenge
One Pokemon
Against
The World

Introduction
Welcome to The Solo Pokemon Challenge, in this challenge you will be required to play through any of the main series games using only ONE Pokemon. Of your choice of course.

There are two categories for the Solo Challenge: Single and Ultimate.
A Single challenge is where you complete ONE of of the many main series Pokemon games with your Pokemon of choice. This will grant you a spot in the "Single Champions" section. Hacks are allowed and will be added to the "Hacks" category of the Single Champions list.
An Ultimate challenge is where you complete a game from EVERY region with your Pokemon of choice. For Example: Primeape on Red - Silver - Emerald - Diamond - Black - X. Completing this will grant you a spot in the "Ultimate Champions" section. (Since it has been over a year since the release of Pokemon X and Y, from now on all Ultimate Challenges must include either of these two games to be eligible for "Champion Status").

Rules
1. You must beat the game with only one Pokemon.
2. HM Slaves are allowed but cannot be used in battle. If your chosen Pokemon faints and you have to send out your HM Slave you may use revives.
3. Using a third party program to change your starter to the Pokemon you wish to solo is allowed, this allows you to use your Pokemon from start to finish.
4. For Pokemon that evolve via stone or item, you may hack in the item after obtaining the fourth badge if the item isn't obtainable before then. For Pokemon that evolve via trade, you may change their evolution method to evolve them via level up. The level you chose to evolve them is up to you, but stay within reason.
5. Playing a Pokemon hack is allowed, however complete hacks will only count as single challenges, whereas remakes/demakes/complete pokedex/difficulty hacks, like Liquid Crystal or Blaze Black, can count towards an ultimate challenge.

Generation 4 Ultimate
Spoiler:

End Points
Spoiler:

End Points (Optional)
Spoiler:

Sign-Up Form
Username:
Partner Pokemon:
Challenge: (Single or Ultimate)
Game(s):

Challengers
Single Challengers:
Spoiler:
Ultimate Challengers:
Spoiler:

Champions
Single Champions:
Spoiler:
Ultimate Champions:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
I hope that the Ultimate Solo Challenge will still stand here.

Johto Log 6

I covered quite a bit of ground today. Two whole Gym Badges in one day. Quite the accomplishment in my book.

From Ecruteak City, I headed east, only to find a Hiker who kindly gave me HM 04 after bumping into me as an apology. Nice guy. Johto is full of nice people, really. Except for that Danny. Anyhow, there was nothing else there other than a lake and a cave. I didn't feel like going through the cave, so I turned around and headed west instead.

As I was heading that way, some guy noticed I was in possession of a PokéDex and introduced himself as Baoba. He said he used to run the Safari Zone in Kanto, but shut it down to move to Cianwood City to build a more modern one. He asked to trade phone numbers, and I didn't see why not, seeing as the Safari Zone in Kanto was a cool way to pass the time.

The trail took a turn towards the south, and I saw signs of a city up ahead soon after. Moments later, I stepped under a string of flags and found myself in Olivine City.

I was walking around and taking in the sights when I passed by the Gym. As I'm walking by, Danny exits the Gym in a huff. He's always in a huff, it seems. He noticed me and came up to me. He said he didn't want to battle right now, he was too pissed. According to him, the Gym Leader was off at the Lighthouse taking care of a sick Pokémon. He started ranting about how if a Pokémon can't battle, it's worthless. Then he shoved me out of the way and stormed off to the north.

I explored the city, secretly worrying about that sick Pokémon myself. One person gave me a new fishing rod, and another wanted to trade a Voltorb to get a Krabby. But after looking around, I finally caved in and headed to the Lighthouse. I wanted to know what was wrong with that poor Pokémon. Call me weak if you want, but I hate that Danny kid, and if he doesn't care for something, I wanted to care for it to spite him.

I entered the Lighthouse and tried to head right up to the top, but the door into the light room up there was locked. So I had to head back down and take the stairs.

I fought my way past all the trainers until I could go no further upwards. I didn't know where else I could go, until I spotted a rather large window that I could jump out of. I did so, and luckily Psycho was able to safely carry me down.

Outside, I was on the roof of the base building. I walked around the lighthouse pillar and found an entrance. Back inside, I continued my way up to the top, where the Gym Leader, Jasmine, and a sick Ampharos were waiting. She spoke of a pharmacy in Cianwood City, and then unlocked the gate for me. I took that as a silent request from her to get the medicine.

I left the Lighthouse and made the decision to go to Cianwood. I caught a Krabby with that Good Rod and taught it Surf, then headed south towards Cianwood.

The water route was long, but not painfully so. There were a good number of trainers and many annoying wild Pokémon. There were also these large islands being blocked off by huge whirlpools. The whirlpools almost looked artificial, as if someone or something was creating them.

I ignored them for now and headed a little further west, landing in Cianwood. It was a small town on the sea, with fairly few large buildings. There was also a Gym, which I knew I had to hit now, because it was very unlikely that I'd be back.

But first, I found the pharmacy. I told the guy about the Lighthouse Pokémon, and he seemed to know exactly what to give me. I obtained what he called the SecretPotion, a very potent medicine only to be used in emergencies.

I walked around town a bit more and I stumbled upon a guy who mentioned a guy with red hair and piercing eyes who took his Pokémon. Danny, for sure. He was worried about him coming back, so he asked me to keep his last Pokémon safe. I agreed, mostly out of hatred at Danny.

I decided my next move would be to hit the Gym for that fifth badge. I entered to find that the Gym Leader was standing under a huge waterfall and wasn't paying any attention to me at all. I had to shut the water off if I wanted a battle.

Everyone in the Gym used Fighting type Pokémon, so you can guess how it went against the trainers there. When I finally got the waterfall to shut off, I stepped back up to the Gym Leader.

He was all upset that I ruined his training, and told me that I should fear his strength from his extensive training. Then I reminded him that that had nothing to do with Pokémon battles. That shut him up. Then we battled.

The Leader's name was apparently Chuck. Chuck used Fighting types. Psycho is a Psychic type. If you can't tell the outcome, then may Arceus have mercy on your soul. His Primeape fell to Psychic, as did his Poliwrath.

After the slaughter battle, Chuck admitted that I was pretty good. Then he handed me the Storm Badge and TM 01 for Focus Punch.

picture.php

I left the Gym and this lady comes up to me and hands me HM 02. I thanked her, then healed up quickly.

I walked north a bit, not really doing anything, when I see Suicune. It was just sitting there, looking at me. When I got close to it, it suddenly jumps up, runs around me, and then stops right in front of me. Then it dashed away across the sea.

Suddenly Eusine showed up. He talked a bunch of gibberish about how amazing Suicune is and then challenges me to a battle to earn its respect.

His first Pokémon was a Drowzee, who I took out with a Shadow Ball. Next came an Electrode, who fell after a Psychic. Finally, his last Pokémon was a Haunter, who went down with a Psychic as well.

After I won, he complimented me on how strong I was and left. I decided it was time I got back to the Lighthouse and get that medicine to Jasmine.

Upon returning to Olivine City, I promptly headed to the Lighthouse and took the elevator to the top. I handed the Secret Potion to Jasmine, who proceeded to administer it to the Ampharos. Suddenly, it started to look a lot less pale, and it stood up on its own. Finally, it cheered a little bit and started flashing, lighting up the whole room.

Jasmine was so relieved. She thanked me quickly, then left to return to her Gym. I followed her there, ready for the next Gym battle, even though it hadn't even been two hours after the previous one.

However, right as I left the Lighthouse, Baoba calls me to tell me that the Safari Zone has opened. I'll have to check that out some other time, because right now is Gym time!

At the Gym, I walked up to where the first trainer was, only to find that instead of battling me, he thanked me for helping Jasmine. The same thing with the other trainer. So I got a first class ticket straight to Jasmine. She thanked me for my help again, but then her personality shifted instantly to a more focused and tougher one. She told me about the Steel type, which I already knew about, and then the battle ensued.

Her first two Pokémon were both Magnemites. I hate Magnemites now. None of Psycho's attacks were even normally effective against them, and Thunderbolt did much more damage than I would have liked it to. But Psycho managed to get past them. Her last Pokémon, Steelix, was a tough cookie, with tons of defense. OH, and did I mention that Jasmine used about 5 Hyper Potions? WELL SHE DID. But eventually the huge behemoth fell, earning me the victory.

And right after I beat the Steelix, Psycho started to evolve. Right then and there, he went from Metang to Metagross. He was thrilled to be back to his normal, and I was so glad to have my good buddy back to his former glory. And Jasmine was fascinated by it; I guess she had never seen a Metagross before.

After the evolution was over, Jasmine handed me the Mineral Badge and TM 23, Iron Tail.

picture.php

I left the Gym, hearing praise from the trainers there. They told me I should aim higher because of my potential. One suggested Mahogany Town. I think I'll hit there next. But since today was a long day, both Psycho and I really wanted to rest. Until tomorrow.

picture.php

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
Years
i love doing solo runs. they get you a chance to know the pokemon you play. also, remember i have done silver with Igglybuff. Even though i didnt post it.
Im doing terribly with my ditto run. Ive already gone broke from buying so much potions, and my chikorita is already lv 15 from having to switch in so much.

Last edited:

NovaStar

Team Malachite Spriter
Years
Well since everything was moved here I might as well post my Ultimate Solo run with Ludiocolo.

Pokemon Being Used: Ludicolo
Games: LG, SS, E, Pt

Current Status:

Spr_3r_272.png

Ludicolo Lv71 @ Nothing
Moveset: Fake Out, Surf, Ice Beam, Absorb

Kanto Update #2:

We last left off with me just arriving in Celedon with my level 48 Ludicolo about to head into the Game Corner Hideout. Well, that's just what happened. Most of the areas was easy; some trainers poison hacked me, but it wasn't too bad. Only problem lied with Ludicolo. Since Ludicolo has limited a moveset in the 3rd gen (Other than Tms which I don't have) I ran out of pp much too frequently. Besides that I swept through the Hideout, making sure I had taken out every trainer for the extra exp. Soon enough I reached Giovanni, who honestly was a cake walk. After Celedon was liberated I moved onto the Celedon Gym.

Usually in my normal playthroughs, this gym proves most troubling due to the mass amounts of status effecting moves (Thank god it's not Red/Blue all over again with that Weepingbell, Wrap/ Para hax strategy). With Ice Beam I had no worries and the Gym was actually easy. Now it was time to take on Koga.

After a long process of battling trainers and restocking pp at the Pokemon Center I finally reached Fuchsia City, ready to face Koga. But first things first was to obtain surf and the golden teeth at the Safari Zone, not too much trouble there. Once that was taken care of I challenged the Gym, used up all of my antidotes (I must mention that these NPCs get way too lucky when it comes to Poison hax), and reached Koga. At level 54 or so now my Ludicolo had a fairly easy time, although it almost fainted from toxic which only fueled my aggravation. I got the Soul Badge and it was now my task to clear the Sliph Co. Building.

Once reaching the Sliph building once again I scoured all the floors, making sure to get all the exp I could even getting to the 60s. Twenty run-of-the-mill lackeys later I finally gotten to Giovanni… again. Easily swept him again with Surf and I was soon on my merrily way.

Here's where I'll set things to rapid fire.
- After beating Giovanni, I took on the Fighting Dojo and received Hitmonlee (Strength/ Rock Smash slave)
- Beat Sabrina and received the Marsh Badge.
- Grinded my Ludicolo to the high 60s before moving on to 'Cinnabon'.
- Grabbed the Secret Key from the Pokemon Mansion.
- Got my Ludicolo to level 70 and beat Blaine.

Now that I beat Blaine and all, Bill offered to take me to the Sevii Islands and I expect to reach at least level 80 or so by the Elite Four.

Years
Well, I finished my Diamond Solo Run with Golduck yesterday so I should probably post this here. Daisy the Golduck was at level 78 with the moves Surf, Ice Beam, Psychic, and Brick Break. Also, I finished the game in 17:35 hours, if it matters and I just transferred Daisy over to HeartGold for a nice, long retirement. All in all, this challenge was really fun but kinda challenging. Also, it's my first completed challenge too so it's kinda special for me. =]

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 10, 2014
I was wondering why the other thread got locked..I completed my challenge on Crystal using Ursaring.

Update #7 - Done partially from memory and scribbled notes while travelling on a train.
Spoiler:

Update #8
Spoiler:

I'll be doing another Solo Challenge on Crystal sometime later this month, probably with Phanpy/Donphan, since I've never used either in a regular game before, my go-to ground type is Graveller, even though Graveller is Rock/Ground, most of it's moves end up Ground types for me.

Last edited:

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
Years
Well, since I was planing to do the Ultimate Solo Challenge, I'll just post everything here. I'm doing them in this order:
B->C->R->D

Sandshrew/Sandslash Update 1
I started my Pokemon Blue with naming my rival What? and myself BlueSB. I then chose squirtle as a starter and named it SURF. I then used a gameshark to let me encounter a sandshrew in the wild after I returned Oak's Parcel. I caught one, and then put SURF in the PC. I then trained Sandshrew (Edward) up to level 13, and then went though Viridian Forest.

After losing to Brock, I trained Edward up to level 18 before I could beat him. I then went to Mt. Moon and beat some of the trainers there. I had to go back to the Pokemon Center, though, because I ran out of PP. I then got out of Mt. Moon, and trained until I was level 27 (Edward evolved at this point). I also caught another sandshrew and also named it Edward for fun.

I ended up beating Misty with only 1 HP left. That was a close one... I then beat What? easily and made my way through nugget bridge. I talked to Bill, got dig and taught it to Edward, and then went to the S.S. Annie. After beating some of the trainers, and What? once again, I got cut from the Captain. I then taught cut to HM Slave Edward.

I then beat Lt. Surge at lv. 33, I think... Afterward, I went through Rock Tunnel without flash. I ended up getting a bit lost, but I found my way though.

After beating all of the trainers in the Pokemon Tower, I made my way to Celadon. I then beat Erika. She was easy, since at this point, I was in my 40's. After this, I demolished everyone in the TR hideout. I then beat Giovanni and went back to the Pokemon Tower. I beat the Marowack and the TR grunts, and got my Pokeflute. I then walked the long way to Fuchsia city since I forgot to grab that bike.

I then beat all of the trainers, and beat Koga. After this, I picked up Surf and Strength, and went to Sliph Co. I got lost a bit inside, but after finally finding my way, I beat What? again and also Giovanni. I then beat both the Sabrina and the Fighting Dojo.

At this point, I found an amazingly wonderful spearow, and I just had to catch it in my Master Ball. I then got Fly and went to Pallet Town. I then surfed to Cinnabar and went through the Mansion. I got the Key and

After getting the key, I went to the gym. I beat all of the trainers there and got my badge. I then flew to Viridian to beat Giovanni once again. After beating him once again, I went to beat the other person who doesn't accept a loss. What? was as easy as always, and I made my way through Victory Road pretty quickly.

At this point, I bought tons of items to make sure I would survive this. I had to revive myself a few times, but I made it through and became the Kanto champ.
SandslashSoloBlueWin.png
BlueSBWinBlue.png

Yes I do, Oak. I still have three regions left!

Final Team

Edward (Sandslash)
Lv. 80
-Scratch
-Fury Swipes
-Dig
-Slash

Edward (HM Slave Sandshrew)
-Cut
-Strength

FLY (HM Slave Spearow)
-Fly

SURF (Squirtle HM Slave)
-Surf

NovaStar

Team Malachite Spriter
Years
Pokemon Being Used: Ludicolo
Games: LG, SS, E, Pt

Current Status:

Spr_3r_272.png

Ludicolo Lv79 @ Nothing
Moveset: Fake Out, Surf, Ice Beam, Absorb

Spr_3f_046.png

Paras (HM Slave)
Moveset: Cut, Rock Smash

Spr_3f_106.png

Hitmonlee (HM Slave)
Moveset: Strength

Spr_3f_021.png

Sperow (HM Slave)
Moveset: Fly

Kanto Update #3:

Well I made some decent progress after the last update. Since the Sevii Islands aren't to long I'll bullet point the events.

- After arriving on One Island I explored around Mt. Ember to get more exp and items. Once reaching the summit I defeated Moltres for even more exp getting Ludicolo to about level 75.
- Then I sailed onto Two Island to activate the whole biker event and headed to Three Island.
- I received a Nugget from the Tunnel man.
- From there I defeated the biker group and anwards I went to the Berry Forest.
- I saved the little girl and I was finally allowed to leave the islands.
- I defeated Giovanni and received the Earth Badge.

Now I'm going to head to the Indigo Plateau and finish the Kanto leg of the challenge.
Next is going to be Emerald since I'm having a hard time finding a SS/Pt rom.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

Current Status
:

Spr_3r_272.png

Ludicolo Lv91 @ Lum Berry
Moveset: Surf, Waterfall, Giga Drain, Ice Beam

Spr_3f_046.png

Paras (HM Slave)
Moveset: Cut, Rock Smash

Spr_3f_106.png

Hitmonlee (HM Slave)
Moveset: Strength

Spr_3f_021.png

Sperow (HM Slave)
Moveset: Fly

Kanto Update #4:

Well wasn't I thrown a curveball. When I got through the Victory Road I expected to immediately fight the Elite Four. That wasn't the case; apparently when I had to activate the National Dex to even allow Lombre and Lotad to evolve the game automatically unlocked the Sevii Islands (4-7) and I had to go through all of the events there. That's why Ludicolo is leveled up alot (also used the 6 Rare Candies in my bag).

Once finished with all of that I decided to take on the now high 70 leveled Elite. Lorelei was easy for the most part since Giga Drain helped a lot. Although she did spam Full Restores... Next was Bruno who went down easily due to his 2 ground types. Then there was THE WORST BATTLE EVER! Man I just hate Agatha now after the trouble I had with her. With her using Sludge Bomb 95% of the time, I burned through my Full Restores, thank god she used double team so I could get a hit in. Lance was easy because of ice beam and I got extremely lucky. After that battle I saved and turned off the rom, once I got back on the game reset to normal and my rivals pokemon was back to their pre-Sevii levels. So it was my part to finish the game. (Updated the attachments)

Onto Hoenn!

Attachments

• It's over.PNG
    It's over.PNG
    7.2 KB · Views: 101
  • LudicoloKantoChamp.PNG
    LudicoloKantoChamp.PNG
    3.6 KB · Views: 89
  • Done.PNG
    Done.PNG
    6.1 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
My Ultimate Solo is abandoned now, as I ran into unfixable errors when attempting to catch a Pigdey for my LeafGreen HM slave. Never posted any updates anyway...

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Johto Log 7

Talk about a weird day... It started normal with me going to earn my next badge, and ended with me back in Goldenrod, trying to figure out how to break up Team Rocket again.

But I should start from the beginning. I flew back to Ecruteak City this morning to start for Mahogany Town. The route was short and involved surfing over those small lakes. However, there was a strip of land in the middle, and when I landed on it, I heard a strange yet familiar cry. I saw a small path blocked by some bushes, which Krabby cut aside.

Behind that was a clearing, and in that clearing was Suicune. It dashed up to me, then swiftly fled east. Right after, Eusine showed up. The poor guy always seems to miss Suicune by just seconds. He babbled more about Suicune's grace and stuff, then swore to never stop following it until he found out what it wanted. Secretly, I figured it wanted him to stop following it.

I reached Mahogany Town shortly after. It was another one of Johto's quaint villages. It reminded me a bit of New Bark Town, except with more rugged terrain surrounding it.

I tried to enter the Gym, but some fat guy stopped me and made idle chat about a mysterious figure going to and from the Lake of Rage. This brought up my own suspicions, and I was off to this Lake of Rage place.

I was heading up the trail and I saw a gate house. I figured that if this lake was such a tourist attraction, there would be a toll for passage. I snuck around through some dense forest instead.

The path was kind of confusing since I left the main trail, so I ended up in a separate area of the lake. It seemed that the lake had gotten too high and had flooded the area. I was able to surf my way around through a maze of trees sticking out of the water.

I landed on the opposite side of the lake, near a lone house. The guy inside stopped meditating to give me TM 10, then he went right back to meditation. What a hermit. A hard core hermit, but still a hermit.

I got back to the main part of the lake to find a large red Gyarados rampaging around. Yeah, that's right. Red. I was confused, but if anything, I knew this was rare. I had to catch it.

After a short battle and a few Ultra Balls, the Gyarados was mine. Sweetness, if I do say so myself.

After I caught it, I found a Red Scale of its floating around in the water. I picked it up, examined it, and threw it into my bag. It might fetch a high price later.

I headed back to the shore, when suddenly I saw the mystery guy that the fat dude in front of the Gym was talking about. He was reading the sign while his Dragonite stood next to him, obviously curious as to what his trainer was doing.

Turns out it was Lance, from the Pokémon League. He was here investigating the strange goings on and the odd Gyarados rampage. He asked me to help him investigate what was going on around here. I wondered that myself, so I agreed.

He told me that the Magikarp were being forced into evolution by some strange radio signal from Mahogany. Then he mentioned the souvenir shop. He told me he'd be waiting for me in Mahogany, then flew off on his Dragonite.

I followed him back, but I wanted to hit the Gym first. Unfortunately, the fat guy was still in the way, so I entered the souvenir shop. By the way, the sign was the only thing I needed to see to understand why it was suspicious. Never advertise that your shop is not suspicious.

Inside, I see Lance's Dragonite blast some guy aside, then Lance revealed a secret staircase. That's totally not suspicious at all. No way.

Down the stairs was a huge basement complex, and there were these strange Persian statues everywhere. However, the eyes were glowing red. Still not suspicious at all. I stepped in front of the statues, and suddenly I was attacked by two Rocket grunts. I beat them easily, and they told me that the statues had cameras in them. They also mentioned a switch to shut them off.

I found the switch easily. It was behind a scientist, and it was a digital switch on the computer. After I shut that off, no more Rocket grunts attacked me. And thankfully, there were no more stupid spinning tiles of doom! I can't say how thankful I was to find out that there weren't any.

I went down the next set of stairs to find Lance waiting for me. He gave Psycho some special medicine that got him back to perfect health. Then he continued on, as did I. There was a door that had a sign on it that said "Radio Transmitter", but it was locked. A Rocket grunt I battled a little bit after the door said it required some passwords.

Lance found out that to open that door, we'd need to get some executive named Petrel. But his chamber was locked and also needed passwords, so we split up to figure out what they were. I battled a bunch of people, until I finally found one lady who told me that one password was SlowpokeTail. Of course.

The other guy I found told me the second password after I beat him senseless. It was RaticateTail. What is Team Rocket's sudden obsession with tails?

I maneuvered through the hideout until I finally found where Petrel's room was. However, as I approached the door, I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around just in time to see Danny come around the corner. He said he wasn't surprised to see me here. Then he asked who the guy in the cape was, and said that he was beaten easily by the guy. He was all upset about it, and I could see his inner emo loser coming out. Then he shoved me back and left. I swear, one of these days I'm gonna lose control and order Psycho to smash him out of existence.

I got back up and brushed myself off. I suppressed my anger and turned around to go confront the Rocket executive. However, when I opened the door, I saw Giovanni. Except it wasn't Giovanni. It was Petrel dressed up like Giovanni. Clever bastard. He told me the password, but then reminded me that only his voice could open the door.

The battle with him was swift and easy. A Zubat, a Koffing, and a Raticate all fell to Metal Claw. Too easy.

Petrel was still smug, even after he lost. He knew that, without him, I couldn't get into the transmitter room. Then he fled. However, a Murkrow that was in the room ran up to me and said, in an exact mimic of Petrel's voice, 'Hail Giovanni'. Then it took off as well. I gave chase, thinking that I could use that Murkrow to get into the radio transmitter.

It almost seemed like the Murkrow was waiting for me, because I would see it every so often, and when I got close, it shouted the password and ran off, towards the transmitter room. When I finally got to the locked door, the Murkrow was already there, and right as I arrived, it shouted out the password. There was a long pause, and I almost thought it wouldn't work. Then the lock clicked open and the door slid away.

I started to walk into the room, when suddenly a lady with bright red hair and another faceless grunt stopped me. She called herself Ariana, and was about to challenge me to a two on one battle. Suddenly, Lance showed up and offered to battle with me.

The battle was easy. The grunt's Pokémon were nothing special, and Ariana's Pokémon were just as easy, only a few levels higher.

Ariana was upset that she lost, but then she mentioned that the test was still a success, and that they were on to the main part of the plan. That didn't sound good at all. Lance apologized for not helping out more, he saw how I was doing and hung back. He examined the transmitter, and saw no off switch. The only way to shut it off was to take out the power source, I.E. the Electrodes. We split the job; I took the left while he took the right.

There was no trouble in beating the Electrodes, they all fell like a poorly built house of cards. After taking all mine out, I walked back to the front of the machine to see how Lance was doing. He had just finished as well. He told me that the signal had been shut off, so everything was all good. Then he gave me HM 05, saying he had no use for it himself. It was Whirlpool, according to him, and since I didn't have that HM, I thanked him. Then he took off.

I left that crazy place as well, glad to be back outside. I noticed that the fat guy was no longer in front of the Gym, so I went right on in.

The Gym was frigid. Psycho didn't feel a thing, but I sure did. The floors were even frozen over. I was able to slip and slide my way across the floors, using ice blocks and walls to stop myself. As I went on, the puzzles got harder, but I kept going until I was finally in front of Pryce, the Gym Leader.

Battling Pryce was a little tougher than I thought. His Seel withstood a Shadow Ball, so I predicted that Pryce's next move would be to use a Hyper Potion, and it was. Psycho countered with a Psychic, and Seel easily fell to that. His next Pokémon, a Piloswine, wasn't messing around either. It somehow withstood a Psychic, and hit Psycho with a super effective Mud Bomb. However, it didn't see the Hammer Arm that Psycho followed up with. Lastly was his Dewgong, who was able to dodge the first Hammer Arm, but couldn't duck the second. It was down for the count after that.

Pryce complimented me on my skill, just like Lance did, and handed me the Glacier Badge and TM 07, Hail.

picture.php

Right as I left the Gym (I'm starting to see a recurring pattern here), Prof. Elm called me. He asked how I was, then told me that the radio stations were talking about Team Rocket. I flipped on the radio, and sure enough, that's what was happening. I flew off to Goldenrod immediately.

So here I am. Now all I have to do is figure out how the heck to get into the radio tower, now that Team Rocket has it blocked off.

picture.php

Last edited:

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
Years
B->C->Ru->D

Sandshrew/Sandslash Update 2

Current Region: Johto

I started off my game by naming myself the usual BlueSB. I then picked up Totodile and named him SURF. I then trained him up to level 9, and then went to Mr. Pokemon. I then beat my rival, Who?, and then went back to Professor Elm. At this point, I used a cheat to catch Sandshrew in the wild. I named him Edward, and trained him up to level 11.

After this, I headed up to Violet City, beating every trainer in the way. I then went to the Bellsprout tower, and got Flash (even if I won't even use it...). I then went back down to beat Falkner.

I then made my way past Union Cave, and beat TR in the Slowpoke Well. After this, I tried to take on Bugsy, but I kept on loosing to him. After training for a bit, I was able to scratch out a victory. Who? however was going to be a different story. After trying to beat his Gastly only using Poison Sting, I gave up and just trained Edward a few more levels up. I then taught him Furry Cutter, and I managed to win.

I then got Cut, and taught it to SURF. I then beat all of the trainers first surrounding Goldenrod, and then Whitney. After this, I got the Squirtbottle and beat Sudowoodo. Next, I beat Who? in the Burnt Tower, and then tried to beat Morty, only to lose to Curse.

I then trained myself up to level 50, ran into Entei, and was able to beat him at that level. After that, I beat the Kimono Girls and got surf.

Next, I went to the Lighthouse to talk to Jasmine. Afterward, I surfed down towards Cinawood. After losing to Eusine, I got the medicine and went back to the Lighthouse. After that, I beat Jasmine, and got Strength. I taught it to Sandslash, and went back to beat Chuck.

I then went to Mahogany and beat the Red Gyarados. After this, I talked to Lance, and went into TR's base. After taking out all of the TR Grunts, Lance healed me, and I got the two passwords. I then beat the executive, and shut down their base.

Next, I beat Pryce's gym and went back to Goldenrod to beat TR once again. I finished off everyone in the radio tower, and proceeded to beat Who? only using Fury Cutter. I then got the Card and saved the radio tower.

Afterward, I caught a Marril, idiotically naming it Whirlpool even though it only learned Waterfall. I then went through Ice Cave, and arrived at Blackthorn City. I beat Clair, and then went to the Dragon's Den. I then walked back to Professor Elm. While walking to there, I ran into my friend Entei again. I then went to Victory Road, and beat Who? once again by only using Fury Cutter.

I then beat the E4 without fainting once. There were some hard parts, but I pulled though.
SoloSandslashCrystalLanceWin.png

Current Team

CrystalEdwardStats1.png
CrystalEdwardStats2.png

Surf (Totodile HM Slave)
-Surf
-Cut
-Whirlpool

Whirpool (Marill HM Slave)
-Waterfall

Next Up: Johto's Kanto

Years
Hooray for combo thread! Should make this a lot less chaotic. (Or maybe just more chaotic...) Anyway:

Jirachi Update:
Upon arriving in Lavender Town after running a VERY annoying gauntlet of trainers (seriously, I must have replenished PP at the center at least a dozen times), I made it to Lavender Town, where a radio tower has replaced a sacred Pokemon gravesite. Ah well, that's progress for you...I healed my Pokemon and went north again, entering Rock Tunnel with a large number of Super Repels in hand. Not wanting to deal with more HM slaves, I made it through without Flash after a LOT of dead ends, emerging onto the other side, where thankfully there was a Pokemon Center. I healed and headed immediately for Cerulean, where I healed again before returning to Route 10 and the Power Planet. There, I resolved to help find a thief who had recently broken in and stolen an item. I Flew to Cerulean again and decided that perhaps it might be best if I challenged the Gym first, only to find...TEAM ROCKET!?!?!? How did they ret--oh, wait, never mind, it's just one Engrish-speaking member. I chased him down, stopped him from butting in between a couple enjoying a nice romantic bridge date, and defeated him, grabbing the part and returning it to the Power Plant. With the power back on, I Flew to Lavender and picked up the expansion card, then went back to Cerulean again and headed to the cape, fighting a bunch of trainers along the way and interrupting Misty's date with...umm, someone who isn't Ash I guess. So much for Pokeshipping. :P

Misty
After chasing her back to the Gym, it was time for a battle. Most of her Pokemon went down to one Psychic apiece, but her Starmie with its resistance actually survived two of them. Jirachi only took a couple hits that didn't really do much, but eventually I had earned my next Kanto badge!

Since the power was back on, and East Kanto had been cleared, there wasn't really much else to do except head to Western Kanto. I woke up Snorlax and managed to capture it, which was lucky as I would later really need it for something. With Repels, Diglett's Cave is laughably easy, as is Viridian Forest. Upon emerging, it was time to take on...

Brock
Well, what can I say about Brock? He may have good physical defense on all of his Pokemon, but when faced with a Special Attacker...well, at least one of his Pokemon survi--oh, never mind, they all went down in one hit.

Next up was Mt. Moon. The trainers on Route 3 gave me some trouble with PP rationing and I ended up skipping a bunch to go to the mountain's Pokemon Center and healing, then returning for more EXP. I then entered the mountain and came face-to-face with Pingas...again. His Sneasel wasn't half as annoying as last time, thanks to Doom Desire/Wish/Cosmic Power combo, and the rest of his Pokemon went down to Psychic, with the exception of Magneton, who also took a Doom Desire combo to the face. After he had been defeated, I climbed to the mountain's top, where the shop was closed, and Flew back to Pewter. From here, I took Viridian Forest south to Viridian City; with Repels, the forest was easy, as every Bug Catcher just went down to a few Psychics. Not much to do in Viridian, as the Gym is apparently closed, so I just healed once and went directly to Pallet Town to visit Oak. From there, I turned on the repels and Surfed down to Cinnabar, and from there straight to Seafoam without bothering with Gary/Blue. A few Trainers and healing moments later, it was time for...

Blaine
Well, he gave me a lot tougher of a challenge than I expected, mainly due to Jirachi's weakness to Fire. Blaine actually kept managing to survive my Psychics and hit me with Flamethrower, which did A LOT of damage--I actually had to use two Hyper Potions in this battle! Despite that, though, Psychic eventually won out, and the Volcanobadge was mine. Next, I surfed to Fuschia to get rid of the boulders, heal, and then Fly back to Cinnabar, where Blue promised me a challenge in Viridian.

Blue
A quick Fly later, it was time to challenge the eighth and final Gym! Man, I hate this puzzle. Ah well. Once I'd finally made it to Blue, he went down pretty easily, with the exception of Exeggutor, who had to take a Doom Desire/Wish/Cosmic Power combo to knock out. With Earthbadge in hand, Oak called me and requested my presence, and so I walked to Pallet Town to the south.

Remember that Snorlax? It turns out that it's the only Pokemon I own that is able to learn Rock Climb, which is needed to make it to Red. So I got him out as an HM Slave and taught it Rock Slide before heading to Mt. Silver, ready to face Red! After two wild encounters in the grass outside the mountain, Jirachi also hit Level 100...perfect timing, too. I Flew to a store and bought a few Max Repels, then Flew back and scaled the mountain, finding at its summit...

Red
Level 100 Jirachi VS Red's team. This actually went better than expected. I got lucky with a Critical Hit on Pikachu, KO'ing it in one hit! Next up was Charizard, which actually managed to get off a Flamethrower and make me use a Max Potion...GRR. It also took three Psychics to knock out, which was also annoying. After that, Venusaur fainted after a single Psychic, and Blastoise took two Psychics, plus a hit from the Hail, to destroy. Lapras was surprisingly easy, but Snorlax gave me some trouble and made me use another potion. With Snorlax down...CHALLENGE CLEAR!

JIRACHI'S STATS:
Nature: Lax
Ability: Serene Grace
Level: 100

HP: 351
ATK: 243
DEF: 272
SP. ATK: 245
SP. DEF: 210
SPD: 250
Moves: Wish, Psychic, Cosmic Power, Doom Desire

:t254: Sceptile0111 :t254:

hackritus

Challenger
Years
This'll be fun.

Okay, so I started my own ultimate solo challenge this afternoon: Red version, with Snorlax.

Spoiler:

I apologize in advance if you find my list of events to be "laking in entertainment" or "not funny." I plan on doing a metric ass-load of these, so I'm trying to get straight to the point. :/

Time for Gold Version!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

RedBattler

Dexholder
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
I would like to do the ultimate solo challenge with scizor! xD
I will start with emerald followed by leafgreen then silver and finally platinum.

I'm also going to add one additional rule for myself...no revives allowed.

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Johto Log 8

Team Rocket is broken up. Again. And this time, it's for good.

Here's how it happened. I was looking around Goldenrod, and it was obvious to me that they hadn't just taken over the tower; the whole town was full of Rockets. They had locked the Whitney and the Gym trainers in the Gym, and every other building was being blocked off. I did overhear one grunt talking about a guy going to get some spare uniforms in the underground, however.

From that I hatched a plan. I snuck into the underground and found the guy they were talking about. He somehow mistook me for a new member and gave me a uniform. I got into it and checked myself out. I could barely recognize myself. And neither could Psycho, cause when I came out, he looked like he was about to attack me.

We left the underground, and suddenly all the Rockets were talking to me as if I were a close friend. Most told me that they had the town covered and that I should get to the Radio Tower. Which is just what I did.

There was a guard by the stairs, but he let me through when he saw the uniform. Unfortunately, right as I was about to go up the stairs, Danny showed up. I was hoping that he wouldn't notice me and I tried to sneak up the stairs, but he saw me. He ripped my black coat off and told me that I shouldn't try to look like them. The Rocket guard saw this and attacked me.

Psycho beat his Pokémon down easily, and he ran off to tell his boss that I was coming. There goes my element of surprise. Looks like I'll have to battle my way up.

I told Danny why I was in the Team Rocket uniform, and he scoffed at my idea. Then he told me he had to go so he could beat Lance. It sounded like he was obsessed with it. I watched him leave and headed up the tower on my own.

Battling my way up the tower was a lot easier than I suspected. The grunts were every bit as easy to beat as they were before. The boss, however, locked himself in the top of the tower, but the director had the key on the fifth floor. When I got there, the director was about to broadcast an announcement, but then he noticed me. Turns out, it was Petrel stretching his impersonation muscle again.

The following battle was quick and painless. He had five Koffings, all of which went down after being Metal Clawed in the face. His Weezing felt the wrath of Psycho's Psychic, and that was that.

He scoffed stupidly at me again, then gave me the key to the underground warehouse, which was where they stashed the real director. I didn't know why he would give me the key until he told me that he doubted I could get that far.

I sure proved him wrong. I headed to the underground and found the door to the warehouse. There, I spotted the Kimono girl again. She was impressed that I was taking on Team Rocket, started to mention something, then cut off in mid sent-

Inside the warehouse, I looked around for any signs of the director. However, when I tried to move forward, Danny showed up again. It turns out that he wanted to tail me to find Lance. When Lance didn't show, he decided he'd just battle me instead.

His first Pokémon, a Golbat, fell to Metal Claw. Then his Haunter lost to Psycho's Shadow Ball. Next, his Feraligatr was KOed instantly by Psychic. The Magnemite that followed it up didn't stand a chance against Hammer Arm. Then he let out his Sneasel. Before I could order Psycho to do anything, he butts in and rips off the Joker's famous line "Why so serious?" What a freak. One Hammer Arm later, Sneasel was no more.

Danny looked confused after the loss. He started mumbling about what Lance said to him about trusting and caring about your Pokémon and left, looking unsure of anything. I think Lance's words to him were finally getting through.

After he left, I pressed further into the warehouse. The whole place was a puzzle of doors and locks. I figured it out after a little trial and error, and I moved onward into the tunnels.

I wound my way through the maze-like area and finally found the director. He was horrified to find out that Team Rocket took over the Radio Tower and he gave me the card key to the shutters on the third floor. Then he mentioned something that I hadn't yet thought of. If they control the transmitter, and they have that strange signal, they could control all Pokémon in the Johto region. I could not let that happen.

I quickly rushed back to the tower, ascending the floors up to the third floor. I unlocked the shutter, threw it open, and kept running up the stairs. However, midway up, Proton stopped me and challenged me. He was easy to dispose of, Golbat falling to Metal Claw and Weezing to Psychic.

I was about to reach the elevator up to the top of the tower when Ariana showed up again. She, too, challenged me. And she, too, fell easily. Arbok KOed by Psychic, Murkrow lost after a Metal Claw, and Vileplume, like Arbok, couldn't stay standing after Psycho's Psychic.

She backed away and I was free to head up the elevator. At the top was a large observation deck, and standing there was a quiet man with light blue hair. He called himself Archer and told me that the only reason they took over the tower was to call Giovanni back to them. I was relieved that they hadn't thought of the signal thing, but I couldn't let them bring back Giovanni. Then he said that he wasn't gonna let me get in the way of their plan and a battle ensued.

First, his Houndour was easily tossed aside with a Hammer Arm. Then Archer sent out its evolved form, Houndoom, who also fell to Hammer Arm, though it was able to get a quick Fire Fang in. It didn't do much, but it did manage to burn Psycho. I was able to get a burn heal in on Psycho when Archer's last Pokémon turned out to be a Koffing. The next turn, Psycho used Metal Claw and Archer was defeated.

Archer was astounded, but he realized that there was no way he could continue the plan. So Team Rocket was disbanded again at our hands. Then, he vanished into thin air. Even after three years, that still irks me.

The director came up to meet me and handed me a Silver Wing for getting rid of Team Rocket. He told me that it was found when they were replacing an old tower here with the Radio Tower.

I descended the tower, getting many thanks from the employees, and reached the first floor. When I exited the tower, I was glad to find that everything had returned to normal. I was glad for this, because it meant that I could get back to my journey.

Since it was still pretty early in the day, I decided to shove off for Blackthorn City right away. After I flew back to Mahogany, I headed east again, fighting my way to what was called Ice Path. They sure didn't over exaggerate that. The place was coated in ice, whether in the form of icicles or snow.

It took a bit of puzzle solving and a lot of slipping and falling to make it all the way through. I even found that Kimono Girl again, and helped her out when her sandals had frozen to the ice. But once I came out the other side, I was right in Blackthorn City. However, it was also very late. So I decided that I'd hit up the Gym tomorrow and call it a day for now.

picture.php

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
annialated her with his awesome mindgames. (SSBM reference. If you don't know it, remember: Google is your friend)
I feel like I know what this is, but I can't find it on google. Help!
I apologize in advance if you find my list of events to be "laking in entertainment" or "not funny." I plan on doing a metric ass-load of these, so I'm trying to get straight to the point. :/

Time for Gold Version!
I understand, it is unfortunate that we are burdened with completing all the solo challenges, but we must carry on XD
I would like to do the ultimate solo challenge with scizor! xD
I will start with emerald followed by leafgreen then silver and finally platinum.

I'm also going to add one additional rule for myself...no revives allowed.
Start with LeafGreen. Please go in order if you can.

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Johto Log 9

Picking up from yesterday, I had just gotten to Blackthorn City. Well, first thing in the morning, I hit the Gym. I wasn't gonna waste any more time than I needed to.

The inside of the Gym was like the inside of a volcano. I thought it was just because the trainers liked it hot, but then I spotted the lava. That's right. Lava. The Gym guide told me that it'd be best if I put Psycho in his PokéBall because of the heat and the unstable footing. Gee, that makes me feel safe.

The puzzles in the Gym had to do with moving and rotating large platforms from one point to another. The first few were easy, but the last one took me a while.

The Gym Leader, Clair, seemed rather aloof and snobbish. She mentioned that she could hold her own against the Elite Four, and when that didn't deter me, she seemed to look at me with distaste.

The battle went down a little like this: She sent out a Pokémon, Psycho either OHKOed or THKOed it with Psychic. (For those of you who don't know what those mean, they're One Hit KO and Two Hit KO respectively)

Clair was, naturally, in denial. However, she refused to hand me the badge I had just rightfully won. She told me to go take the Dragon-master Challenge in the Dragon's Den. If I passed it, she'd give me the badge. I wanted to punch her in the face, but I had the feeling I'd never get the badge then.

So I grudgingly went behind the Gym and entered the Dragon's Den. The shrine wasn't hard to get to; I had to surf around to find the right entrance, though. The test turned out to be a few questions, so that was another lucky break. I answered them all truthfully, and they said I passed easily.

Clair suddenly entered, and had this high and mighty attitude. She asked them how badly I failed, and when she found out I passed, she was taken by surprise. She hadn't even passed, and yet I had. The elder who quizzed me told her to stop acting childish and give me the badge. Then he threatened to tell Lance of this, which made her go pale. I guess she knew Lance as well.

She finally gave in and handed me the Rising Badge.

picture.php

The elder told Clair to go reflect on herself, and she took off. Then he mentioned something about the Whirl Islands and a Pokémon called Lugia. I was only partly interested, and when he finished talking about it, I left.

As I was leaving, Clair stopped me and apologized for her behavior by giving me TM 59, Dragon Pulse. Then she took off again, this time for good.

I exited the Dragon's Den as well, and as soon as I did, Prof. Elm called me. He told me he had something neat to give me, so I should swing by and grab it. So I did. Simple as that.

At the lab, I was met by Lyra and Prof. Elm. Elm said I was doing a great job in the Johto region and he gave me another Master Ball. I admit, it was cool to get another one, but it would do me just as much good as the other one did. Or so I thought at that point. He also told me that the Kimono Girls were waiting for me in Ecruteak. I was shocked. I thought there was only one girl all over the place.

As I approached the Dance Theater, I saw Danny run out, mumbling about losing to five Kimono girls. He looked at me, said something about how tough the Kimono Girls were, then ran off. He looked like he had some conflicting emotions.

In the Dance Theater, the five Kimono Girls were waiting for me. They said something about bringing back Lugia, and they challenged me to five battles in a row. They all had evolutions of Eevee, and they were all simple to beat.

After I beat them all, the main Kimono Girl handed me the Tidal Bell. Then, suddenly, a young girl ran in and told us that she saw a large shadow heading towards the Whirl Islands. I really wasn't interested in any of this stuff, but I grudgingly followed them.

At the Whirl Islands, I wound my way through the floors all the way down to the bottom, where the Kimono Girls waited. They said something about summoning Lugia and a dance, then the Tidal Bell they gave me earlier began glowing and floating. The Kimono Girls quickly spread out on the platform and began dancing.

It was a majestic dance, and as they danced, two large orbs on both sides of the huge waterfall ahead started glowing. Then, out of nowhere, a faint outline appeared in the waterfall. Suddenly it burst out, revealing a huge winged Pokémon. The Kimono Girls confirmed that it was Lugia, and that it was waiting for me. I'm not sure what that meant, but I figured it meant it wanted me to capture it. So I did. Thanks for the Master Ball, Elm.

After I caught it, I up and left. No need to stay any longer than I needed, I had already wasted enough time here.

Back in New Bark Town, I surfed east, finally heading back to Kanto. Great, my favorite region. /sarcasm

Tohjo Falls was easy to get through. Up one waterfall and down the other. Yawn. They made it sound all big and important on the sign, but it really wasn't.

From that point on, I was in Kanto. It wasn't as bad here, but that might just be because I'm only on the outer part of Kanto. The trainers were all annoying, and they weren't that hard to beat at all.

The route dragged on for a long ways. Then it shifted north and became a whole new route. I started to get a little bored of all the walking.

But finally, after crushing the hopes and dreams of many League-bound trainers, I made it to the gatehouse of Victory. Road. Victory Road.

It was dark when that happened, so I decided to call it a night. However, the people at the gate couldn't offer me a place to stay, so I ended up searching the route for a place to sleep. Luckily, I ran across this one woman who was kind enough to open up her house to me. A woman this nice in Kanto. Maybe she thinks she's still living in Johto.

Either way, I'm crashing here for the night. Tomorrow will bring the gauntlet that is Victory Road and the Elite Four. It'll be good to see my old buds again.

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back