• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Shining Orbs

Which name is better?

• Total voters

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
Pokemon - Shining Orbs

pokemon_shining_orbs_logo_by_kingsnivy-d41ux7j.png

The legend of Pokemon is awating..

The Game

new_johto_starters_artwork.png

Choose one of the Ueno starters! Chikorita! The Grass Starter! Cyndaquil! The Fire Starter! And Totodile! The Water Starter!

Introduction

Finally!
After four grueling years, you -being either Dawn or Lucas- are going to graduate high school! The excitement is in the air as your mother and all of your new friends achieve most prominent things you've ever done. Well, aside from stopping a deranged man from destroying the world in order to create a new, pure one.. graduating high school is pretty close though! As the principle calls your name, you feel your heart thudding in your chest as your make your way up to the stage. As that simple, yet unimaginably important piece of paper is laid into your hands, you can hear the crowd, along with your friends going wild!

The ceremony is over, and now, all of the thrills of high school are as well. Now, all there is to do is go home and find a job. Right then and there, you decide that you are definitely not going to work. There's got to be something else you could do! You could always hand around the house, right? Wrong. Your mother would probably urge you to go out and get a job. As you lay in bed, deciding what to do, you hear a small purr. It was your mother's Glameow. At that moment, you knew what you had to do. Sinnoh wasn't the only region out there, right? There was Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Unova.. There had to be somewhere else! Wait, there is that newly discovered region of Ueno! That is where you will be going to Ueno to become a Pokémon Trainer once more and make some new friends and allies along with some new Pokémon!​

Story

As you enter the new new region of Ueno, you will see many familiar faces...
Team Plasma, now have a new boss, Cyrus, a crazed worshipper, of Reshiram, who is determined, to put the world under his feet.
As he try's to perfect his new super weapon, the only way, which is to summon Arceus and absorb his powers, he releases an army of mutant Pokemon upon Ueno, to stall the military.
Then he sets out to the other regions and starts killing gym leaders. After awhile, he comes back, having been spoken to by Reshiram, he is determined to capture you, for you hold the key to Ueno's fate.
In the end you will have to choose, will you join Team Plasma, and be a ruler of the world, or will you fight and resist, the choice is yours.​

Media

Screenshots

Spoiler:

Videos

Credits and Team

Elaynii ~ Introduction
Poccil ~ Pokemon Essentials
venom12 ~ Pokemon Essentials DS & OWs
BoomXBig, Tyranitardark, and DaCab ~ New BW Tiles
Minezumi/Neo-Spriteman ~ Resized Tiles and Trainer Sprites, also being my mapper.
KingSnivy ~ Logo
redblueyellow from Spriters Resource ~ Animated Juniper (aaragi) Frames and Animated Mincinno animated frames and Intro Background
F.L ~ Unova Pack
~~~~~Help with Neo-Spriteman~~~~~
Neo-Spriteman ~ Pokemon BW Trainers
venom12 ~ OWs
~~~~~Inner Tiles~~~~~
Thurpok and Kymotonian/Kyledove.
-----Other-----
tebited15 ~ Lucas' sprite!
spaceemotion ~ B/W Boy or Girl? Screen and more
Tsuka ~ Some rips
ZeroArmada ~ Fixing Juniper's animated sprite
sm97/Neo-Spriteman/Minezumi ~ Barry Overworlds
If I missed one of you, VM or PM me.​

Features

Poke-Mobile or Poke-Phone
Animated Pokemon If you want to help me with that, VM or PM me. (SERIOUSLY NO SCRIPTS!)
VS Sequences with no scripts (maybe inserting)
If you want me to add features, VM or PM or write it here.​

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
So, someone wrote your intro/story, made your sprites and made your logo?

What exactly do you do in this project?

TheMarkCrafter

Years
Don't forget to add Ęℓαчиıı to the list of credits for creating that logo for you~ :P
Did n_n
So, someone wrote your intro/story, made your sprites and made your logo?

What exactly do you do in this project?
Ęℓαчиıı made the intro, flamemaster (flame) made me the story, you're wrong, I made the sprite.

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
Did n_n

Ęℓαчиıı made the intro, flamemaster (flame) made me the story, you're wrong, I made the sprite.

I believe that ain't true. All we've seen so far is you're using some of Kyledove's tilesets and some B/W sprites that were NOT ripped/made by you.

TheMarkCrafter

Years
I believe that ain't true. All we've seen so far is you're using some of Kyledove's tilesets and some B/W sprites that were NOT ripped/made by you.

READ THE CREDITS! Read those credits, jesus christ.
BoomXbig ~ Tiles!

flamemaster

No school like the old school
Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
BoomXbig ~ Tiles!
he (or she, can;t really tell) was'nt accusing you of stealing, he said that it looks like you have done absolutly nothing, graphics wise, and i have to agree with him.

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
BoomXbig ~ Tiles!

So you say you made but then you say someone else did? You're hard to follow.
Also you're using Kyledove's tiles, but you're not crediting him.

he (or she, can;t really tell) was'nt accusing you of stealing, he said that it looks like you have done absolutly nothing, graphics wise, and i have to agree with him.

Not only graphic wise, he didn't even write his own story

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
Also, I just noticed a mistake in one of your screenshots.

The girl says ''I lost to give you something, and it's called....''
You can't say that and it should be ''I forgot to give you something''

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
Thanks, *added* ;D
KOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL GUUUUUUUUUUY!
cuz its against the rules to add 2 words.

It's against the rules to add in a filler to avoid the 25 characters limit lol.
But it's nice to see that your game is slowly improving, so keep it up.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Its getting there slowly.
The only problem i see is the maps are still a little too big/empty and the trees on the outside map look weird. Parts of them look cut off

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
You should definitly get someone to look for those kind of things for you. There's a lot of things that need improvement (Ex:Grammar, Mapping)
You shouldn't be doing this alone.

TheMarkCrafter

Years
You should definitely get someone to look for those kind of things for you. There's a lot of things that need improvement (Ex:Grammar, Mapping)
You shouldn't be doing this alone.
Yes i know, actually i am hiring a mapper and an eventer to fix me the game.
It's against the rules to add in a filler to avoid the 25 characters limit lol.
But it's nice to see that your game is slowly improving, so keep it up.
Yes, i know. Cuz it will annoy you too much..
icon10.gif

Its getting there slowly.
The only problem i see is the maps are still a little too big/empty and the trees on the outside map look weird. Parts of them look cut off
As replied to titiy's post. i am Hiring.

Will be fixed, thanks for help!
icon10.gif

---------------
Good thing that my game is still improving! You are free to help!

TheMarkCrafter

Years
My new thread is clean now. My old thread was failed
I need:
Spriters
Scripters
Mappers
Tilers
Musicians
Eventer

'kaaaaaaaaay, I was about to add CSS to my thread, added but pic won't show up.

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
I think what Daedalus has said is right. You're going to struggle to attract people to cooperate on your project if you have little to show in terms of impressive screenshots and innovative features.

You're asking for simply too large a project team. You need to scale down the goals of your game if you ever want to see it complete. I suggest you cut out having original music (there's honestly nothing wrong with the official game music); consider cutting out having Fakemon (if you're going to have them) or limiting the number you plan to have and use official Pokemon to make up the rest.

I think you need to pick a core skill and master it so that you can contribute efficiently to your project; either learn how to sprite very well, make tiles, write scripts etc. If you can show that you have a real talent for one of these key areas then you are much more likely to attract attention & help for your project.

Goodluck.

Years
I can't see any tiles by Kyle? Titty but nice job snivy your mapping is improving. The story can have more character to it but it's better.
Best of luck

I can't see any tiles by Kyle? Titty but nice job snivy your mapping is improving. The story can have more character to it but it's better.
Best of luck

Last edited:

TheMarkCrafter

Years
@Rossay
I don't have a team, so i NEED alot of people.
@ProdigyX
Me too, no Kyledove/Kymotonitan's tiles are seen.. Pluuuuuuus i edited the story a little tiny itchy tichy bit
I wish you guys the best of the luck, too!

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
@Rossay
I don't have a team, so i NEED alot of people.
@ProdigyX
Me too, no Kyledove/Kymotonitan's tiles are seen.. Pluuuuuuus i edited the story a little tiny itchy tichy bit
I wish you guys the best of the luck, too!

You're using a few of Kyledove's indoor tiles. If you don't want a repeat of the last thread, you should add his name to the credits.

On another note, is it really necessary to have all of those spoilers in the first post?

Back