• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen A New Land, the Kalos Region

Guy

just a guy
Years
Thanks to the latest issue of CoroCoro, we've finally gotten our very first look at the region map. Does anyone out there still not believe this region will be based off of France?

tumblr_mmsffrktoh1r1yhdwo1_500.jpg

But looking at it, the whole region looks very GREEEEEEN with lots of small chains of mountains spread around. This is very different from Unova, which is much more modern and industrial. Also, it's a much larger region based on the map above. What do you think of it so far? What new types of terrains and locations will you like to see in this new region? Do you like the idea of there being a lot of mountains and forests or jungles?

Also, the main city of the region is called Lumiose City and it's where the tall tower that resembles the Eiffel Tower is located. From what we've seen of Lumiose from previous news and videos, not even that city looks overly modern like Castelia City. What do you think?

For right now, I love how large the Kalos region looks. It definitely seems like it'll be a fun region to explore. However, I'm probably going to hate having to go through a bunch of caves and mountains by the look of it.

PS. If you're looking to discuss the name of the region or speculate on what the English name will be (if any), then you can discuss that over here.

Last edited:

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
100% France, even the mountain ranges line up :D Miare City even seems close to where Paris is located, heh. I'm interested to see how Miare looks, I personally did not like Castelia at all. Too grossly urban imo, who likes dingy alleyways?

I hope this city is reminiscent of Hoenn as far as how rural it is, I loved Hoenn's ties to natures with cities like Fortree and Pacifidlog. X and Y seem very promising with how natural Karos looks.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I'm so excited about this new region!
I love how it has sooo much Green in it. France is a great inspiration, since it has mountains and very nice beaches as well!

tnfsf11

-A boulevard with cafes & an open market like the one in Slateport
-The ability to go up the Eiffel Tower (or whatever that thing was in the trailer)
-Protagonists & NPCs actually talking (i.e. speech is audible)
Who agrees?

blue

gucci
Years
At least it's not full of water routes and deserts! It's nice to have a land full of... mountains and greenery.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
Spoiler:

Just a better pic for you all!

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
Years
Miare City will also be known as Lumiose City in the English copies.

If you click on the same image of the detailed map on Serebii, it will give you a much larger image so you can take a closer look too.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
Judging by the enlarged map, I'm putting my guess as to the location of the starting point on the far right of the map, the four little blue houses with the purple thing.

Guy

just a guy
Years
STONEHENGE!!! If you look on the map to the far left of the region, you'll notice a group of large rocks the oddly resembles the Stonehenge monument in England.

Good evidence that parts of this region will have other influences from Europe and not just France.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
tbh Stonehenge looks like the only thing on there that doesn't conform to at least one aspect of France, though that might just be my French pride seeing too far into things.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
If anyone says this isn't primarily based off of France/Europe you are crazy. As Shivi did just point out it looks like we have Stonehenge, so we're taking some nods from Great Britain as well. I mean, the scattered mountains around the southern part of the region, plus the snowy area to the northwest just screams France/Europe to me.

As for general opinion of the region, I'm really loving it. The one thing I'm noticing that is different from Unova (and I'm happy about!) is that the region doesn't appear to just be a giant circle of towns around a central area. Yes, we have that big circular thing in the center, but the populated areas look much more varied around the map, and that's a great change. It feels like we'll be able to explore a lot more this time!

I'm really enjoying all the water ways around the region as well. It looks like they are literally everywhere. It'd be awesome to maybe have some sort of ferry system or something for fast travel around everywhere, although it doesn't look like there are ports anywhere on the rivers as well. Who knows, I just like how it looks anyways!

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Looks Beautiful !
Also, there alot of Small Mountain ranges Throughout the Region. This probably means there'll be alot of caves.
Zubat Alert !

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The region seems mostly french except for the stonehenge in what in real life is normandy, fun fact the british had a king who was from normandy. So I guess it makes sense to put the mostly british thing there. Wonder if spain or germany will have anything to add...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
This place definitely looks very diverse, you have have mountains, greens, forests, snowy plains, lava, coasts, etc
Yup it's as diverse as Hoenn...now add in tropical forests and it'll actually become more diverse! I love that it's diverse, Sinnoh and Unova sadly weren't very diverse imo.
I wonder if in this region we may ride on a boat in the water ways...

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'm glad it's so diverse. It makes the region much more interesting to travel, instead of seeing grass route after grass route, then a cave, then more grass. Having the mountains, rivers, snowy area, and volcano at the top will definitely make Kalos a lot of fun to traverse throughout the games.

Back