• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WHY???

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateFacepalmMaster

*facepalm* ah... I'm stupid...
Years
Okay guys!Y'know I jus' wanna ask a Question...WHY do you play 2-d GBA games instead of those High Quality,3-D,cool graphics games????

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I'd like to know why you're posting this in the wrong section.

To answer your question: because graphics don't always make the game better. The older games have a style to them and are so fun to play, especially for those of us who like to revisit the games of our childhood. While the new 3D "cool graphics" games might be pretty to look at, they might not have the right game play style, story line, controls, or anything else that makes the game actually playable. There are some examples of this that you can find. For instance, one that pops into my mind is how some people prefer Final Fantasy VII with its blocky graphics and no voice acting over Final Fantasy XIII-2 and its pretty pretty characters because they prefer the playing style and story line of VII over XIII-2.

Thread closed. Any more discussion about video games goes in the Video Game section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back