• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my team

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
Years
Hello fellow PC members, just thought I'd post my first real competitive team. I will (hopefully) try this team on Wifi if I ever get it. The only thing I did not do, is breed for perfect IV's, because I don't have the patience to do so. Bare in mind that a few of my Poke's have not-so-good IV's and a few good ones.

My Choice Specs sweeper is my Jolteon, my main OU Electric type. He is my Electric type of choice competitively. Since Pikachu's average speed and frail defenses won't go very far in OU.

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Naive nature
252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP

T-Bolt
Shadow Ball
HP Flying (For Grass types) I know HP Ice is alot better, just didn't get HP Ice on this one.
And for the 4th slot, please suggest a move.

Next up is my OU Dragon type Physical sweeper, Dragonite.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Adamant nature
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP

Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Punch
Dragon Dance

Next is another OU Physical sweeper and my Water type of choice, Gyarados.

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Adamant nature
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Defense

Waterfall
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Dragon Dance

Next up is my SR setter and supporter, Bronzong.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Sassy nature
252 HP, 84 Attack, 80 Defense, 92 Sp. Defense

Stealth Rock
Gyro Ball
Payback
Explosion

Next is another Special sweeper and Psychic type of choice, Alakazam. I have the Scope Lens on him for a boost in accuracy for Focus Blast, instead of Leftovers.

Alakazam @ Scope Lens
Timid nature
252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP

Psychic
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Substitute

My 6th Pokemon is not decided at this time, I hope this is enough to be considered a "team". However, I'd really appreciate suggestions in the comments on what you think my 6th Pokemon should be.

Thank you for your time!

Let me add that this is for 4th Generation competitive battling.

Last edited:

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
Years
Can a moderator or admin please move this to the Competitive Battling forum?

Anti edit: Your wish is my command.

Last edited by a moderator:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Alakazam is best off with Focus Sash or Life Orb as its held item because the former helps ensure that Alakazam gets a hit in while the latter boosts Alakazam's offensive prowess further (without the HP loss if you're using Magic Guard).

I think you meant Wide Lens on Alakazam rather than Scope Lens (Scope Lens raises the user's critical hit ratio).

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2015
last slot get a spinner youll need a spinner for gyarados and dnite if you gonna have them on lifeorb. volt switch on jolteon life orb jolteon is better imo.
i dont think having gyara and dnite on the same team is such a good idea since they are both physical and weak to rocks.
in terms of spinner i like tentacruel because he is a solid wall and has access to ice beam which none of your pokemon have

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
Years
I thought I posted this in my original post, this is for 4th Generation! But thanks for the posts. And to PlatinumDude: Yeah I did mean the Wide Lens to boost accuracy, the Scope Lens boost accuracy only if the user moves after the foe. I get confused between the two...lol. And I am considering a Timid Life Orb Boltbeam Starmie over Gyarados....mainly because I don't have anyone with Ice Beam to counter other Dragons, mainly Salamence (or is he Uber?). And to EmbC: What nature is your Eevee and do you have an idea of it's IV's? I prefer Timid or Naive. I don't have Wifi yet...however I'm going to try to get or make a Wifi source....no idea how I'm going to do that.

Back