• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Impossible Crystal - A Difficulty Hack

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2023
Welcome all to Pokemon Impossible Crystal!

While the game is not literally impossible, I did make sure to make it extremely challenging. As someone who has played Crystal 20+ times, I always tried to implement new challenges; now I've made a monster. It's safe to say the game is harder than Kaizo, but much more forgiving.

The hack includes:
- All Gym leaders and Elite 4 possessing teams of 6 using only the best Pokemon of their respective types and moves.
- The ability to catch all Pokemon except for Mew, Mewtwo, Celebi, Ho-oh, and Lugia before the League.
- Universal TM/
HM compatibility so no limiting yourself when it comes to HM slaves!
- Since there is
a lack of physical/special split, many Pokemon have had their stats adjusted to make them mixed attackers or have make better use of their STAB moves (i.e. Sneasel now has better SpAtk than Atk).
- Several type changes to add variety for trainers as well as to your own roster! These changes include:
- Golduck --> Water/
Psychic
- Farfetch'd --> Flying/Fighting
- Doduo --> Flying/Ground
- Dodrio --> Flying/Ground
- Electabuzz --> Electric/Fighting
- Magmar --> Fire/Psychic
- Pinsir --> Bug/Fighting
- Noctowl --> Flying/Psychic
- Ampharos --> Electric/Dragon
- Dunsparce --> Normal/Dragon
- Granbull --> Normal/Fighting
- Every single trainer has been edited to be stronger and have better teams overall
- MOVE CHANGES
- All multi-hitting (2-5) moves are now 25 BP and Spike Cannon is now Steel-type
- Strength is now 80 BP Fighting-type
- Cut is now 70 BP Grass-type
- Zap Cannon now has greatly increased accuracy
- Fire Spin is now 70 BP while keeping the same effect
- Leech Life is now 60 BP
- Outrage is now 120 BP
- Dragonbreath is now 80 BP
- Triple Kick is now 35 BP
- Swift is now Steel-type
- Mud Slap is now 40 BP
- Octazooka is now 110 BP
- Giga Drain is now 75 BP and 10 PP
- Dynamicpunch now has greatly increased accuracy
- Rock Smash is now 40 BP

Be sure to give any feedback and edit suggestions as well as bugs! Good luck and remember, it's not literally impossible!
Screenshots---

pBIoxVnQnrgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
f4+XWsBEp52aAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
AvS57YIfIRunwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
6EgjEN8nfDB8T8oBae6JDlb7gAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
mlfryz0dbvtsh1izg.jpg

EDIT: Girafarig was not in the game before so it has now been added through NPC trade. Some minor tweaks to Pokemon stats and moves to increase usability.

KNOWN BUG(S)! - Officer Dirk on route 35 (I believe) and the night lady on Route 39 are glitched and will cause the game to freeze. I don't know why leave me alone
2Ylc9PUyUviuGUIvvbBWMC+RjnidsHH+B6PHvo31qpWtAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
gLwBUA0ehniUQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
aL0F8VcQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
zEIQ51KSKStTgh8OLcuejR2w2D0cCpqv7fpJjMjk5lohfmxiY4KKWVfkOPBsel0vESuq7Nf5PVv+IWFwrfAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

wMMiPRe9IiiHAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
QAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Attachments

• Impossible Crystal.rar
    933 KB · Views: 504
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
First suggestion; lose the gbc file on the attached files. It is forbidden to share the rom directly. Change it into a patch file either .ips or .ups (idk the difference lol)

lowkey1202

Unofficial Game Tester
Years
  • Age 11
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Also giving Pokemon trainers legendary Pokemon doesn't make a game hard,

Years
if its just crystal version with stronger fights why would u need screenshots? you already know what will you see, excluding what pokemon will you fight

Years
  • Age 32
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
if its just crystal version with stronger fights why would u need screenshots? you already know what will you see, excluding what pokemon will you fight

The rules "strongly recommend" "at least two" screenshots. And it would be nice to see a preview of just which Pokémon and levels the leaders have. Or a Pokédex location map of some newly-available species.

Years
  • Age 32
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I don't know how to make screenshots work lol

Host your images somewhere like Imgur or Google Drive that allows hotlinking, and then put this in your post:

Code:
[[b]img[/b]]http://i.imgur.com/kaK7sqZ.png[[b]/img[/b]]

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
is this hack finished/can I reach the point where I have 16 badges + a fight vs red? :o

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2023
Yes! The game is fully edited (spare a few wild spots) so all the trainers are edited! I'd like to think Red is particularly hard to deal with ;)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2023
Can I have a list of the gym leaders pokemon all 1-8 of them?

But that takes the fun out ;)

I'll let you know though: Falkner, Bugsy, Whitney, and Pryce are notably hard. You're gonna want a Sneasel for Falkner imo.

Back