• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FIRST GvS SCREENS!!!

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
After a few days of practically nonstop programing the first screenshots of Gold Vs Silver are Relesed.

Here is an indepth explanation of what GvS actually is.
Basically GvS is a set of tools for people to create their pokemon dreams and make them into Mini Movies or long Movies the tools include Sceen Editor, Script Editor and the Player (Below are screens) these mini movies run as an in game movie would run in pokemon ruby. take a look at the screens

Script Editor.JPG

Map%20Creator.JPG

Player.JPG

The med sed and p (map editor, Script editor and Player) all use a powerful graphics library called Gdi32 which allows full 32 bit bitmaps with transparency and alpha blending for special effects the minium spec's for the pc 2 run this is

Minium
Pentium 233mmx
64 MB Ram
32MB Direct X compatibal graphics card
28.8Kb internet conection
20MB of free Hard Disk Space
Windows XP,98
Sound

Recomended
Pentium 1Ghz
128 MB Ram
64 MB Direct X 8 / 9 Compatibal Graphics Card
Broadband 256 Internet
100 MB of free Hard Disk Space
Windows XP
Sound

All these tools are optimized for windows XP

downloads will be avalibal soon

Last edited:

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
i dont quite think you understand what it does :P its not an internet pokemon game or anyting its a Dream Maker you canmake 2d pokemon epasodes in this that play when you watch them so people can make pokemon movies with it.

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
YEah now your getting it :) after i make this i might concider making a 2d pokemon chat mmorpg nothing where u catch and fight ect just like a 2d chat room where u can explore and make a house or something. idk no plans for that yet

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
this is awesome, that means I'm gonna be able to make my sprite "comic" more cool now :D.

PS: Are you allowed to use your own tilesets, etc or does it extract them from a ROM or smth?
And another thing is, does it also let um simulate battles? or it only lets u move the characters around and make them talk? although the battles shouldn't be a problem cause u could take care of that with VBA's movie recording thingy :)

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
im glad i am building a small fan base ^^ i myself will be relesing a animated comic using it after its fully made called Pokeyamum :P

in response yes u can use ur own tilesets must be of a specific format tho

for the moment no it doesnt simulate battles but i will most proably implement that in version 2 (note all version 1 movies are compatibal with 2) till then you will have to use VBA's Record Function :P

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
sweet, ur gonna have some problems with the battle thingy because u would need to rip all attack animations o_o. 'nyways, is the program able to save the movies as AVI or do you need the program to watch the movies made with it? :)

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
I can see that there's been a lot more development since last time.

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
The movies are watched using the Viewer for now but i guess as it gets updated i can lern how to render avi files thus allowing you 2 export to avi this is a later on feature tho for now you use the "GvS - Player" program 2 watch

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
Thank you lol as a matter of fact i just finnished programing in the aviscript ^^ so it can now play avi's

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
zomg :D
I was gonna ask you that, if it was possible to use some kind of script function to play avi's when u wanted it to. I think that's what you meant when saying "play avi's" or did you mean it can now render it as avi?

EDIT: When are we gonna get to try this awesome program? :D

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
no it can play AVI im not sure on how 2 render them ill have 2 do some reseach is there any other functions you might want to requesT?

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
sweet, lemme see... being able to use your own charsets and autotiles (although autotiles might be difficult and not that important). Appart from that, being able to play midi/mp3 (if possible) and make some weather effects, like rain, etc.
These are just suggestions :P

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
u can use ur own charsets , facesets and tilesets (auto tiles arnt needed for such small maps because they can be made fast and easly)
Midi / Mp3 / Wav can be played
using 2 sound layers
Ambiant (background music)
Effect (can be used to play narated text or sound effects like a punch ect)

Special Effects i shall lookinto such as partical system and rain ect

QFred

Behold...
Years
Seems a good idea!

I don't like the screens very much, neither the quality of the shot, but that won't affect the game itself, will it?

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
It's not a game :) it's a pokemon "movie maker" with sprites
and as he said you can use your own tilesets, etc. As for the quality I think it was zoomed 2x and that's why it looks crap, when you put it back to original size it will look as in the game :D

Back