• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Crimson (Working Title)

Fumeshi

Feisty Shonen Protagonist
Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2012
This is mostly copied from the text file where I wrote this, with a few minor changes. Right now it's just the bare-bones framework of the game. The text file starts below.

Pokemon Garnet and Jade Version

(Or just Crimson version. There doesn't technically have to be two versions of this one.)
*edit: This is now called Scarlet version.

All new region.

Uses 4th generation graphics.

Use the Pokemon created by people on the Internet. (With their permission!)

Good place to start would be FantasticFakemon.tumblr.com, but people could also submit their own ideas to the project.

The evil team in this game is called Team Atomic, and they use Spliced Pokemon for battle. Their goal is to create the world's strongest Pokemon by combining the parts of other Pokemon. (There are two groups of Pokemon, the ones native to the region and the spliced Pokemon that Atomic uses. You wouldn't get to catch the spliced Pokemon in the wild until late in the game.)

The Leader of the team has a very strong Pokemon that changes forms every time you fight him.

First form: Hitmonchamp (Hitmonlee + Hitmonchan + Machamp)

Second form: Pokesura (Add the tails of Ninetales and the arms Graveler in addition to Machamp's arms, and take the wings from some other Pokemon)

Third form: Pokemalgamation (Add Donphan, Aggron and Sandslash)

Final form: Pokebomination (Add Haunter, Spiritomb, and maybe find a way to add more so that it only has one weakness)

The grunts are also given spliced Pokemon to fight with, and they're all combinations of Pokemon not native to the new region. (But the Pokemon already exist in the main games) [I've already made a few, and I know who to ask for more]

Eventually you find an island where Team Atomic stores their spliced Pokemon, where they run around in the wild. You can catch these Pokemon, but they are not fertile so they can't breed. You'd also probably need some sort of new Pokedex upgrade from the new region's Professor.

There will also be someone on the island who will give you one of three fusion starter Pokemon: Turtasaur (Turtwig and Bulbasaur), Charchic (Charmander and Torchic), and Oshadile (Oshawott and Totodile). These can be evolved to their final forms.

Two other Pokemon ideas for Pokemon from the island:

Eevo: a genetically altered Eevee that evolves with both Friendship and Stones. Eevo must have max friendship to evolve, but you still have to use a stone on it. Depending on which stone you use and what time of day you use it, you will get a combination of Flareon, Vaporeon, or Jolteon with Espeon or Umbreon. Their names are Flespeon, Flumbreon, Vespeon, Vumbreon, Jespeon, and Jumbreon.

Pikarilew: Pikachu + Marill + Sandshrew. It can evolve into Raizulash. Not sure how that would be done. There is no baby Pichu + Azuril in this line, since they can't breed.

The Legendary Pokemon in this game will all be sort of "Elemental Spirits", one for each of the seventeen elemental types. They are disturbed from their slumber because of Team Atomic's unholy actions, and start wreaking havoc and attacking cities and stuff.

I've only got three designed right now: The Poison, The Water, and The Dragon legendary. The Poison is a giant mass of poisonous goo, not unlike Muk. It was inspired by the river spirit from Spirited Away. The Water is a big ol' fish. And the Dragon is a Chinese Dragon, the Galactic Dragon Pokemon in the Pokedex. However, I'm open to actually creative ideas for the Pokemon. The legendaries could not be captured the first time you battle them, you'd have to defeat them to calm them down, and then you could find them again and capture them. I'd like them to have a new ability (Called Reverse Guard) that works like a reverse Wonder Guard: They can only be hit by non-Super Effective attacks.

Also, maybe there could be two Spliced legendaries, which I've already designed: Ho-oh + Reshiram and Lugia + Zekrom. You can see them here.

The champion is Youngster Joey. You don't fight any of his Pokemon, you fight HIM. He has the ability to control swarms of Ratata. His battle theme is Route 1 Boss Battle. [Search it on Youtube. I'm new, so I can't link to the song.] (Joey being the champion is mostly a joke, but if people go along with it, then I'm up for adding him. He could also be a secret boss and we could have a different, more appropriate champion.)

Aside from the typical 'Catch all the Pokemon and become the regional champion' goal of the game, you would also be tasked with defeating Team Atomic and stopping the rampaging legendaries.

I can do pixel art, I can write the script, and I'm sure that working with a land generator wouldn't be too difficult. But I'd still need programmers, artists, and other writers to help out; not to mention people who could construct learned moves for Pokemon.

Last edited:

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
Well, the title has been taken for my own game, and I have made a thread before, but haven't really worked with the tread because I am still working to get more of the game built before I post it straight to the Games Showcase. Still, my banner shows it. Also, Garnet and Jade have been taken. To avoid confusion and any situations, I would change it to something like "Pokemon Magenta" or "Pokemon Maroon". I don't think these titles have been taken.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
I had a feeling that might happen. Do you know off the top of your head if Scarlet is taken?

I have been checking the showcase and beginners showcase daily, and i can almost guarantee that scarlet is not taken.

I like the idea of the splices of pokemon for the evil team. you have some good concepts here. My only major problem is the champion. I have no problem with you using Joey (i use him as a gym leader in my game for laughs), but battling HIM, is a bit to far. I don't see how that would possibly fit in, or make good sense. It just seems kind of stupid, sorry I'm not trying to be mean or anything, just being honest. If you change that up a bit, this looks nice. I look to see more

Fumeshi

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2012
I have been checking the showcase and beginners showcase daily, and i can almost guarantee that scarlet is not taken...

... My only major problem is the champion. I have no problem with you using Joey (i use him as a gym leader in my game for laughs), but battling HIM, is a bit to far. I don't see how that would possibly fit in, or make good sense. It just seems kind of stupid, sorry I'm not trying to be mean or anything, just being honest.

Oh, it's okay, I understand what you're saying. I almost didn't put that part on there, since it's more of a joke anyway. But I included him on the list so I could gauge people's reactions to it. I got the idea while I was listening to the Route 1 Boss Battle remix I mentioned earlier. Joey would have ascended to a god-like form because of his rattata, becoming a catalyst for its unholy strength. Together, they are able to communicate with all rattata at all times. When you battled Joey, he would start to levitate, and a tornado of rattata would begin to circle him. Also lightning would occasionally strike the ground from his hands. He'd have a bunch of new attacks, like Rattata Cannon: A multi-hit move that launches multiple rattata into your Pokemon. Or Omega Fang, which (in the case that this was a double or triple battle) would leave all of your active Pokemon with 25% HP. Although, I don't know how hard it would be to program in new moves... But, yes, the whole Joey thing is admittedly and intentionally stupid. That's why I think he would work better as a secret boss, maybe, and leave the Champion position to someone more... traditional.

Also, I guess that since Scarlet isn't taken, I'll use that name. Thanks for the info.

Finally, do you think I should post some of the spliced Pokemon I've already made? I'm part of a two-man group who does splices, and I have around 40 or so completed.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Oh, it's okay, I understand what you're saying. I almost didn't put that part on there, since it's more of a joke anyway. But I included him on the list so I could gauge people's reactions to it. I got the idea while I was listening to the Route 1 Boss Battle remix I mentioned earlier. Joey would have ascended to a god-like form because of his rattata, becoming a catalyst for its unholy strength. Together, they are able to communicate with all rattata at all times. When you battled Joey, he would start to levitate, and a tornado of rattata would begin to circle him. Also lightning would occasionally strike the ground from his hands. He'd have a bunch of new attacks, like Rattata Cannon: A multi-hit move that launches multiple rattata into your Pokemon. Or Omega Fang, which (in the case that this was a double or triple battle) would leave all of your active Pokemon with 25% HP. Although, I don't know how hard it would be to program in new moves... But, yes, the whole Joey thing is admittedly and intentionally stupid. That's why I think he would work better as a secret boss, maybe, and leave the Champion position to someone more... traditional.

Also, I guess that since Scarlet isn't taken, I'll use that name. Thanks for the info.

Finally, do you think I should post some of the spliced Pokemon I've already made? I'm part of a two-man group who does splices, and I have around 40 or so completed.

Thank you, and no problem. I would definitely like to see the splices.

Fumeshi

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2012
I would definitely like to see the splices.

Well... It won't let me add them until I make 15 or more posts... So I guess that gives you something to look forward to? (Sorry, I just joined yesterday.)

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
haha no problem. I joined quite a while ago. If you want, and its important to you, I could PM you my email, and you could email them to me and I could upload them

Fumeshi

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2012
haha no problem. I joined quite a while ago. If you want, and its important to you, I could PM you my email, and you could email them to me and I could upload them

I appreciate the offer, but you don't have to do that. Making 15 posts shouldn't be too difficult.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
alright. you already have a few too from replying to me:) ill keep checking to see them

Fumeshi

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2012
alright. you already have a few too from replying to me:) ill keep checking to see them

Can I PM you once I get them uploaded?

Here are some ideas for some gym leaders:

A gym leader who is a Toku hero in his spare time (Examples of Toku heroes are Kamen Rider, Ultraman, The Power Rangers, the Beetleborgs). His type specialty could be steel or fighting. The inside of his gym would look like a tiny city, and the trainers would be bigger than the buildings. (A reference to Kaiju movies, like Godzilla) So I guess Dragon Types wouldn't be a bad type for him to specialize in, either.

A gym leader who is a stereotypical gamer/internet nerd or fangirl. He/she could specialize in electric Pokemon. I'd like to keep his/her dialogue free from referencing Internet Memes, though, if at all possible. Maybe have their gym be themed around cyber space; like have a big, transparent, green grid for the floor, against a black background.
Or you have to travel around the gym by climbing inside of a giant letter and email yourself to the next opponent. Ooh, I know! Every time you defeat one of the trainers in the gym, they would give you another piece of the Leader's email address, which you would have to manually input to send yourself to him/her. If you got it wrong, you'd get dumped into a spam filter, which would make you fight wild Pokemon or send you back to the entrance to the gym.

A gym leader who is a typical thief or leader of a crime syndicate. (Not affiliated with Team Atomic, though.) His type could be Dark type Pokemon (Or Poison, since there's never been a canon Dark type gym). It might be cool to give him some history with the Toku hero too. His gym would be inside a shady alleyway or an abandoned warehouse, which would be littered with bags of stolen money and poker tables or other illicit activities. (But still keeping the game e-rated so no drugs or prostitutes or anything.)

A gym leader who is a marine biologist. Specializes in water types, obviously. Their gym could be located in an aquarium or some sort of underwater research facility with reinforced glass walls. Occasionally you could see some water type Pokemon swim by the glass. Another idea would be to make the Water Leader a pirate, and you have to board his ship and defeat his crew before you could face him and claim the treasure (gym badge) A THIRD idea would be to make the Gym Leader be a Fire Fighter, and the gym takes place inside of a fire station. This fits with a Pokemon I've designed for the project, which is a two-stage evolution Water-type Dalmatian Pokemon.

A gym leader who is a train conductor. Specializes in Fire Types, a reference to trains that run on coal. The whole battle could take place in a train station and lead into the train, where you'd have to battle through the different cars to get to the engine. The train would be in motion for the gym battle.

A gym leader who is a school teacher or a school principal. Specializes in Normal Pokemon (or Psychic Pokemon). The gym would take place inside of a school, whose gimmick would be sort of like a trivia game. You'd be placed in a desk, and asked questions, and if you got the question wrong, you'd have to fight one of the other students as punishment. You could still fight them after the class if you got the question right, though. You'd have to go through a couple of classes before you could fight the principal, though. Announcements would be made over the intercom to tell you to go to your next class once you finished your "lesson". Also, maybe include lunchtime right before you fight the gym leader, which would heal your Pokemon, so you wouldn't have to leave the gym.

A gym leader who is a typical rich lady. She would specialize in Rock Pokemon, since she'd be infatuated with jewelry. The gym could take place inside a big fancy mansion, with the leader battle taking place in the penthouse. The other trainers in the gym could be, like, her husband, kids, maids, butlers, and chefs, etc.

A gym leader who looks suspiciously like Michael Jackson in his Thriller outfit. Specializes in Ghost Pokemon. Not because he's dead, it's because of Thriller. The gym could take place inside a Graveyard.

A gym leader who is a trapeze artist/acrobat. Her type specialty is Flying type, since they do a lot of mid-air stunts. Takes place inside of a big-top circus. Other trainers in the gym could be jugglers, clowns, contortionists, magicians, beast masters, side show characters, etc. The leader battle would take place at the tippy-top of the tent.

There's nine gym leaders mentioned here, so one of them would have to go. As with all of my posts, I'm open to new ideas or ways to improve these ones.

Last edited:
Back