• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blastoise 137/135 Plasma Storm (02/20/2013)

Years
The idea of Card of the Week is to rate cards on just about any aspect you wish. Just keep it PG/PG-13 and rate only the card posted in the first post of a given week's Card of the Week thread!
Spoiler:

Some questions to get you started:
What decks is this useful in?
What cards does it combo well with?
What do you think about the card's capabilities?
What do you think about the card art?

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
This is one of my son's favorite cards in his deck! It only recently been unseated because he pulled a full art Zekrom (sp?). So I would rate this 8/10 for 9yr old love.

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
So rating this card I will base it on play ability and artwork !

Let's start with play-ability:
The play ability of this card is huge ! It can work with water decks which can provide a fast amount of energy acceleration. The issue with this card is that it is a Stage 2 Pokemon and you need to ensure that you bench enough squirtles in play, so that if one dies, you can evolve using Rare Candy into Blastoise.
This card is also available in Boundaries crossed as a different artwork which I will rate the other artwork later !
Spoiler:

However if you can draw through your deck with the use of good supporters and re-use discarded energy with Energy Retrieval, then you can power up attackers very quickly on the 2nd or 3rd turn.
Blastoise Keldeo will not go away and it has been considered as one of the best decks of the format prior to Plasma Storm.

Artwork:
In terms of the boundaries crossed artwork, I would give it a 5 out of 10 as it seems menacing and looks ready to rumble, but the shiny artwork in plasma storm looks like Blastoise just got ANGRY ! Also the design of the card itself looks nicer than the standard artwork on boundaries crossed. I shall give it 7 out of 10 !

Last edited:
Back