• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Changes to NU/W Rules [rawr. backup.]

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I was able to get a backup of my thread since it got deleted. I need everyone's feedback again, guys. :(

I'm not sure how long some of the previous mods of NU/W has had these rules for. Since I got modded I stood by all of them.

Snivy and I are ready to just re-do some of the rules to make the board a bit more organized. Some do keep getting broken, and some are just lenient. We also would like to add in a few changes to the board, I want the board to aim at the newest members possible.

First off: (Bring Back One-Reply rule) That Multi-Reply rule I made? I'm getting rid of it. I'm bringing back the One-Post rule from the past. Honestly I was very fond of that rule, and killing it was my error...and Larry would agree if he was still a mod. A few reasons why, though: People just don't realize that my multi-reply rule is there and they still think that the One-Reply rule is still in effect, and for that...I'm going to bring it back. Plus, I realize that (and Larry told me this before) NU/W threads derail so much, there's no way of handling it.

Second: (Permanent Infraction for Generic/CP posters) Generic Welcomes, Copy/Paste Welcomes, WE HATE THOSE SO MUCH. Snivy and I are proposing a 5-point, non-expiring infraction for those who keep writing generic welcomes ("hi, welcome to PC. Enjoy it here." is a generic welcome). It really bothers me so much that a member can't make an effort in welcoming a new member, yet they just post so they can get their post count. I hope this infraction can teach those generic welcomers a lesson.

Same goes with C/P welcomers. I would issue a ban for them, but I think they also fall under generic welcoming.

Third: (Limit members to 3-4 welcome posts a day) Brickbusterx and Twiggy...just to name a few regulars in NU/W...they post in a TON of threads, which makes us having to read a TON of threads just to be sure if they're spam-ish. Similar to what Sammi & Raichu are doing in OVP about the "Post in one thread per day" rule (or something like that) they were planning to add, we are thinking of adding a rule that would limit users (including new members) to post in three introduction threads a day. This would encourage newer members to explore around the forum, instead of reaching the "almighty 15" just by welcoming members.

Fourth: (Those "question-hogging" people...annoying.) Consider myself a ***** when I ask a ton of questions like "What brought you here to PC?" "Why did you sign up?" I need to stop that. Snivy brought this up when we were discussing before the old mod lounge got deleted. We have both agreed to infract anyone who keeps asking the same exact questions over and over and over and over again. 2 points should be enough for the infraction, expiring 3 weeks.

Last: (Prohibit "reintroduction" threads & remove L/A Thread) As I said in the first part of this post, we want to aim towards the "newest members", and I'd like some feedback to this. Lately we haven't had any reintroductions, and they seem pretty scarce these days. Hardly anyone posts a reintroduction, or post in the Leave/Absence thread notifying their return. Most people are using blogs, or just post somewhere around the forum indicating their return. I find that pointless. Tbh. :/

My 2nd idea would be a subforum, but that's too much work. I'd rather eliminate the reintros completely.

Thoughts guys? Suggestions? Recommendations? Complaints? Etcetera?

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Most of these rule changes sound like a good idea, especially the one that limits the amount of welcoming posts you can have a day and the removal of re-introduction threads, though I'm not sure how I feel about removing the L/A thread. Most people that leave don't even use it, and just contacts the ones they think would care about it, but it's good for those people who want to give it out more to the community than to a selected few.

Bringing back the one reply rule could be both a good idea and a bad idea. It would be good to have it, so that people don't suddenly start conversations in the thread, instead of doing it via VM, which is probably the best way to converse on the forum.
Though what about the people who has gotten used to being able to give multiple replies to welcoming threads? If they don't notice the rule change, it could lead to a few people breaking the rule untill they notice :/
Maybe limiting it to two or three replies to the threads would be a good idea.

Lastly I think giving a permanent infraction for something as tame as generic replies. Even disrespect and trolling, which is much more serious than that isn't permanent. And even with the few people that give generic replies, this forum is the one with the most detailed and well thought-out welcomes that I've seen on any Pokémon forum, and even though we want to keep it like that, I think generic welcomes should be allowed too, no need to make it rule breaking. I can agree with multi replies though.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
Hodamn, so I come back on staff after two weeks, and there's so much **** going down that it's not even funny.

I'm gonna keep this short, because I have a lot to catch up on, but I agree with getting rid of reintroductions. There's no huge reason for them. I also wouldn't mind baring down on banning sock-puppeting accounts that make intro threads, and going back to one-word-replies sounds okay. I mean, it's your area and all. xD If you don't feel like wadding through all that SPAM, then you shouldn't have to.

Where's Snivy when we need him?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I think you should consider disabling post count in that forum. Or at least finding a way to make member's posts not count but staff post count to. Because like I always say, the higher the post count, the more respectable a staff member you are and the more friends you have!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I think you should consider disabling post count in that forum. Or at least finding a way to make member's posts not count but staff post count to. Because like I always say, the higher the post count, the more respectable a staff member you are and the more friends you have!

And by far I am the most respected, just nobody can see that. :(

But yes, behind disabling post count for that section since it doesn't really do anything for the section/members. I'm all for staff posts showing as long as it's any staff, and not just NU/W staff.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

...but I'm not gonna agree with the post count being disabled. It's going to create a HELL LOT of spam, and in case you guys don't know, I despise spam. :(

Plus, I think that's unfair to the regulars. Granting post count to just staff is just crazy, to be honest. I'd rather have no post count than hog NU/W by raising my post count. I'm not gonna let that happen.

Teezee's busy rn, so we'll hear his input when he gets back.

Back