• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Parents against Pokemon Help!

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2013
As the title say my parents are against pokemon and might stop me buying the games is the any YouTube videos or stories that might change their opinion? Thanks

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
I really pray your parents aren't the religious-type that say Pokemon is like advocating demons or whatever that ridiculous video was talking about. If that's the case, you've got a problem.

The only advice I can offer right now, which may end horribly, is to stand your ground. Tell them that it's just a game; one that's played by millions of people around the world.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Yeah, is there any specific reason they're against it? If it's because they're claiming it's childish, then I'm gonna be blunt and say that that's pretty dumb. Despite the age rating, and the ages that the franchise is marketed towards, there are several elements of the game that are implemented with the older fans in mind, and Pokemon is really a game for all ages. Even though the anime may be really childish at many points, it doesn't mean the whole franchise is. They shouldn't really dictate what games you want to play either, if it's on simple matters like that, and if they claiming that Pokemon is childish really is the reason, then bring up just how many people older than the marketing age that are playing it.

If it's about the whole morality, and with having Pokemon fight against each other, then I don't really think they should make such claims without getting into the whole thing first. PETA already brought this up several times, and haven't recieved much praise on their claims, and if that's the case, then there was a hefty discussion somewhere here in Pokemon General about how this wasn't really a point that should be brought up about Pokemon.

If it's anything else, then please elaborate so we have a better idea of what's going on :/

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
My mom's the religious type but she lets me play pokemon. I usually tell them things like "somewhere out there someone my age is raising a baby, and doing drugs...you should be proud that all I'm raising is a level 20 Togepi"

It seem to work...

Back