• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Who should Marry Ash Ketchum?

Who should Marry Ash Ketchum?

• Misty (Japanese: カスミ Kasumi)

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • May (Japanese: ハルカ Haruka)

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Dawn (Japanese: ヒカリ Hikari)

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Iris (Japanese: アイリス Iris)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Serena (Japanese: セレナ Serena)

Votes: 33 37.9%
  • Lana (Japanese: スイレン Suiren)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Lillie (Japanese: リーリエ Lilie)

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Mallow (Japanese: マオ Mao)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Verity (Japanese: マコト Makoto)

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • No One

Votes: 4 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2018
20+ Years of Pokemon created a lot of Shippings, and yet (I bet my bottom dollar that) there is one thing on everyone's mind, "Who should Marry Ash Ketchum?"

Vragon

20+ Years of Pokemon created a lot of Shippings, and yet (I bet my bottom dollar that) there is one thing on everyone's mind, "Who should Marry Ash Ketchum?"
And that is not on my mind at all.

Ash right now isn't marriage material (hell not even boyfriend material).
I don't see that happening unless they go further than the steak in front of the dog that XY was. Plus that's implying he would do it as a character. I'm pretty sure that unless he changes he'd keep his focus on his Pokémon more.

So, I won't cast a vote (then again I don't really care for shipping regarding a character as anti-romantic as ash)

Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2018
And that is not on my mind at all.

Ash right now isn't marriage material (hell not even boyfriend material).
I don't see that happening unless they go further than the steak in front of the dog that XY was. Plus that's implying he would do it as a character. I'm pretty sure that unless he changes he'd keep his focus on his Pokémon more.

So, I won't cast a vote (then again I don't really care for shipping regarding a character as anti-romantic as ash)

I'm sure as he get's older he'll eventually want to start a family, correct?

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
If I had to answer, I would say either Misty or Serena, although thinking about Ash dating (never mind getting married) is strange because he never grows older.
With Misty I always felt like they had a sibling-like relationship, hence all the bickering. Misty was the youngest of four and her older sisters were awful to her, so it made sense that she picked on Ash and he did likewise- that's what her siblings do. If the show was entirely different and the characters were allowed to mature, maybe I could see them dating as teenagers.
Serena, she was actually interested in Ash romantically which seemed like more than a little crush, weird because they are young kids but if they had continued to become closer I imagine they would be like high school sweeethearts.
All the other female companions I feel would be friendzoned.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Not sure this qualifies as spoilers XD

But duh, he and Misty will find each other again one day <3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
Even if Ash did gotten marry, i doubt he would want to start a family. Besides the only one i can see him getting marry to is Misty, i know Serena had a thing for him but that was a one time thing and the writer's didn't even try to do more with Serena's crush.

To be honest i doubt he will get marry, since he wants to travel around the Pokemon world, seening a lot of new Pokemon and meeting new people a long the way.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2024
Pearlshipping

Ash and Dawn have amazing an amazing bond and lot of trust and support for each other.
And they sung a duet together (High Touch) about how strong their bond with each other is.
Plus Dawn was the only girl to cheerleader for Ash which she also did while dressed as a cheerleader for him.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2018
Ash will not marry anyone.
It was several times confirmed he'll be eternally 10 years old. Deal with it.

This. ^ ^ ^ ^

Ash is always and forever going to remain the same prepubescent 10 year old who never wins any Leagues and always ditches his Pokémon and friends at the end of every region. Trying to ship him with people has become a waste of time because no Ash ship has even the slightest chance of ever becoming canon.

Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2018
This. ^ ^ ^ ^

Ash is always and forever going to remain the same prepubescent 10 year old who never wins any Leagues and always ditches his Pokémon and friends at the end of every region. Trying to ship him with people has become a waste of time because no Ash ship has even the slightest chance of ever becoming canon.

Except for Amourshipping, that's officially canon since Serena Kissed Ash on the Lips.

Back