• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Fuligin

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 6, 2023
INTRODUCTION

I've been working on this hack for over a year and a half, and it is now complete. I know it must seem completely out of the blue introducing this hack all of the sudden without having betas haha. It's certainly not the greatest hack out there but I am happy with how it turned out.

STORY

You are a young boy or girl who lives with your mom and brother in the small town of ALORA. Professor Oak has a lab there and the story starts basically just like the original fire red with getting your first pokemon and pokedex and so on. You soon find that your brother is involved with team rocket and drags you into trouble as well. He later convinces you to join them because, hey, they're not so bad... You must then work your way up through through the ranks and eventually lead team rocket. In the meantime, a couple of pokemon bent on world domination run wild and terrorize the population.

SCREENSHOTS

5sC1rIm.png
DIpPGNp.png
V9QkXDk.png
nec2OEB.png
2CMVaki.png
AocaB3l.png
Ya2OA6i.png
PVkRW4z.png
MrOdc0F.png
HmWZsAk.png
40MTHQv.png

FEATURES

All Pokemon from the first 3 gens are available
Don't need to trade to evolve any Pokemon
Play on the side of team rocket
New gym leaders and elite 4
Gradually increasing difficulty
Roughly 30 hours of gameplay

BUGS

Inside caves and buildings the map won't show where you are correctly.
If you give your brother a name that isn't on the list it messes up his color palette just for the one screen when it goes back to his sprite.
The Exp. Share event doesn't work right for some people. HOPEFULLY FIXED NOW

Pokemon Locations
Excel file attached to end of this post.
(Drowzee/Hypno are only in the latest patch)

FAQ

I was defeated by the warden and can't get back in prison!
Spoiler:

Where can I get the evolution stones?
Spoiler:

What do I do for the second mission?
Spoiler:

Where can I find HM04 strength?
Spoiler:

Where do I get rock smash?
Spoiler:

Where is HM05 FLASH?
Spoiler:

Where is fly?
Spoiler:

There's an old lady blocking the cave entrance on Route 42! How move her?
Spoiler:

Where do I get Exp. Share?
Spoiler:

CREDITS

I did all of the scripting, mapping, spriting, world map, and titlescreen. I will try to give credit to those whose tools I used though.

AdvanceMap
YAPE - Silver314
APE and A-Trainer - HackMew
NSE - Link12552
NTME - Diven-Trogh
unLZ.GBA
XSE - HackMew
diegoisawesome for his awesome XSE scripting tutorial
DawnRyder's titlescreen hacking tutorial
MikeMatt15 for his worldmap tutorial and template
And any other tutorial I used in the tutorials section.

DOWNLOAD
below​

Attachments

• Pokemon Fuligin.ips
    455.7 KB · Views: 16,802
  • Fuligin_Pokemon_Locations.xls
    60 KB · Views: 5,545
Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2016
great work mate

i am downloading right now i will tell u how is the game but truly u have done a great job all the hackers should present their hacks like this most of them after releasing beta 1 stops and we disoppointed we wait fr years to update and in gba hack list there r 4 or 5 hacks r completed good work i hope this will keep me busy for few days

Years
The hack is good. I have just stolen the Old Amber. The only thing I saw odd was kicking and waking Zapdos up, it flees then...

There are also some ortography errors, most with capital letters, but the hack is fun. My team for now is Heracross, Venusaur, and Ampharos.

Years
This sounds like an amazing hack! I can't wait to try it out. I like some of the screenshots I see because of how the colors go. The purple flowers in the green and yellowy grassy routes and it's all just one hug to my vision. xD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 6, 2023
The hack is good. I have just stolen the Old Amber. The only thing I saw odd was kicking and waking Zapdos up, it flees then...

There are also some ortography errors, most with capital letters, but the hack is fun. My team for now is Heracross, Venusaur, and Ampharos.

Don't worry, you can find zapdos later :P
And I'm not sure what you mean about the orthography errors.

Years
Don't worry, you can find zapdos later :P
And I'm not sure what you mean about the orthography errors.

I mean mostly capital letters in some Pokémon, when you talk to people, "rattata", or "tentacool", but it is not important.

Heracross is amazing, I was training a Mankey, but after finding Heracross, I changed them. Ampharos' Thunderbolt is deadly, and Venusaur is grat with Leech Seed and Sleep Powder.

When you enter the Victory Road for the first time, where the lv 17-18 Fire-types are, and go to the next route, I found a Karate expert with 5 Lv 60 Pokémon (The Hitmons, Machamp and Heracross) Luckily, he was silly, and I managed to use Leech Seed and Sleep Powder to beat them, with my Lv 34 Venusaur! Are you supposed to be able to battle such a strong trainer so early in the game?

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2012
That's sounds awesome!!!

Lets play Fuligin!!!
I think that this Hack deserves a walkthrough...

Nice job man!

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
preety good hack, im enjoying it. just reached 2nd town fought my rival, and his level 7 dratini.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2016
I seem to be going in circles, so I'll ask here. Where do I find the Strength HM?

Back