• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Eon Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015

pokemon_eon_version_by_nintendork15-d5cu5g9.png

Info:
Due to my USB stick which had all my data on I lost the previous project I was working on, so I decided to start afresh.
So, I present to you Pokémon Eon Version.

Region Map:
jFF00.jpg

Introduction:
The region of Septi is a beautiful region with deserts, snowlands, lakes rivers and forests. Everything you could wish for when living here, The region was once boosted up by science, the knowledge of scientist across the country were put to the test to achieve such perfect nature and balance.
Many years ago, science was being put to the test again, to see what Pokémon are out there, in space, where man is yet to explore. While researching this, a meteor coincedentally landed in the septi region, and out came Deoxys, this is no ordianary Deoxys though, this Deoxys was named as Pureoxys, the pure DNA for a deoxys, unaltered by any meteors, and most of all, disloyal to humans of any kind. Pureoxys ravaged the land, attacking every and anything it could find, this went on for months on end, till it was sealed in a space capsule, and fired back into space, deep space, where it could never find it's way back to earth due to the darkness of space...

Story:
Many legends tell of the two Eon Dragons paths one day crossing,
creating a large bright shine able to reach the darkest corners of space,
waking any dangers that lay there allowing it to find our World with great ease.
But it's just a tale... right?

Happy birthday!! Or not ... after waking up on your big 1-0 day! You find, no one home. Just a mere shopping list onto which you should go to the local mart for. Upon doing so you find the local Professor Naydie, A young new Professor, who's head researcher of ancient Pokémon legends and mythios. Seeing as it's your birthday and you've been ditched by family and friends, she takes you back to here lab and offers you one of three pokémon. After recieving you, you take the shopping home and ... ... SURPRISE!! You're parents have done it again! another successful birthday party, the hero is smothered with gifts, such as his own PokéDex a pair of running shoes, and a ticket to see the World Championship tournament.

After a day of festivities and happiness, you reside to bed and await the morning, but in the night, a theif has broken in, only to steal your ticket to the tournament. In the morning you find out, telling your mum who knows nothing much is to be done. Prof Naydie suggests walking there, with your pokemon, as it would be a wonderful experience with your new pokemon and you can train along the way, your mother agrees and allows you to be sent on your way. And you head off, in to the large world of pokemon.

Features:

-Re-organized Regional Pokédex-
Travelling through the Septi region you'll meet many of the 150 Pokemon that'll inhabit it, but can you find them all?

-New Pause Menu-
A newly designed Pause Menu for you to use, making it more efficent than the orignals.

-Able to catch all 150-
In this game there's no trading or exclusive pokemon, you can catch them all!

-Visit Past Regions-
After beating the League, you'll get the choice to visit one of three past regions, it's up to you which you pick.

-Return of the PWT-
The PWT is back, for you to battle as many Gym Leaders, Elite Fours, Champions, Trainers, Rivals and Professor's as you can feast your eyes upon!

Last Update:
Lab.png

Time for your first Pokemon. Who will you pick?

Pause Menu:
Spoiler:

Region Map:
Spoiler:

Pokedex:
Currently, beta 1, will contain the official first 251 Pokemon.
Beta 2 may have some new Fakemon, if I get good at making them.

Characters:
Spoiler:

Official Beta 1 screenshots:
Spoiler:

Credits:
Tiles: MLLM TyranitarDarkBatiFG
Autotiles: .Rayquaza
World Maps: NikNaks
Sprites: Me, PiaCarrot.
Essentails: Maruno, Peter0. and FlameGuru.
Pause Menu: Sukiyami, Blueyami, Venom12, Carmaniac
Mouse input: Luka S.J
Music: Soundfonter F-Zero GP Legends/Climax Golden Sun Pokémon and all respective companies whom owned the mentioned franchises.
Pokémon Franchise: GameFreak

Last edited:

UltimateDillon

Veteran Gamer (Sort Of)
Years
Ok do it seems nobody is gonna comment here.. I thought this forum was enthusiastic :P anyway Ill probably follow this project and of you have time, check out my thread for Pokemon apex edition (click the banner in my sig)

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
I am interested deeply in this. I guess I'm going to follow the progress of it. Can't wait for a download

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
You can tell that the main character is a special snowflake because you get a special Eevee that no one else has. He's also special because buildings expand when he enters them - and he's the only one with the eyesight to read the region map which contains one large building and mountain, rubbing shoulders of course.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Ok do it seems nobody is gonna comment here.. I thought this forum was enthusiastic :P anyway Ill probably follow this project and of you have time, check out my thread for Pokemon apex edition (click the banner in my sig)

Thanks. :D

I am interested deeply in this. I guess I'm going to follow the progress of it. Can't wait for a download

Again, Thank you!

You can tell that the main character is a special snowflake because you get a special Eevee that no one else has. He's also special because buildings expand when he enters them - and he's the only one with the eyesight to read the region map which contains one large building and mountain, rubbing shoulders of course.

You don't get a special eevee, it's just a normal eevee.
All buildings in Pokémon appear bigger than they look on the outside.
And I have stated the world map is a WIP and is not anywhere near finishing.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
You don't get a special eevee, it's just a normal eevee.

I think he was saying in his own special way that Eevee is the most common starter choice in fangames and unless there's some particular reason why, Eevee isn't all that rare.

I'm not telling you not to make this, it looks like you're actually putting some good work into this as far as I can tell, I'm just saying Eevee is a very popular choice.

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
Years
I agree a little with what is being said here that Eevee is stupidly common as a starter in fangames (presumably due to its many evolutions). However from our conversation about this the other day I got the impression Eevee was more a Pokémon to tide you over until you get to see the regional professor (a starter nonetheless, but isn't the point of starters giving you something so you can go catch your own Pokémon? IE you aren't really expected to use it the whole game).

Nintendork15 said:
All buildings in Pokémon appear bigger than they look on the outside
I think what he was trying to say Sammich is that this never made any sense in the official games, and that we don't have to stick to things like that, personally I'd quite like to see either bigger overworld buildings, or a smaller player when on the overworld (preferably not the latter, I'm not sure how that would look).

But anyway, I'm glad to see the thread getting some comments, now we just gotta make sure you finish this one (for the love of god BACK IT UP).

Off topic: Dammit, why does PC go down when I start writing a reply, that's terrible luck.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Route50.png

Mapping of Route 50 has been completed.
But I'm not to reveal secrets.

I agree a little with what is being said here that Eevee is stupidly common as a starter in fangames (presumably due to its many evolutions). However from our conversation about this the other day I got the impression Eevee was more a Pokémon to tide you over until you get to see the regional professor (a starter nonetheless, but isn't the point of starters giving you something so you can go catch your own Pokémon? IE you aren't really expected to use it the whole game).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork15
All buildings in Pokémon appear bigger than they look on the outside
I think what he was trying to say Sammich is that this never made any sense in the official games, and that we don't have to stick to things like that, personally I'd quite like to see either bigger overworld buildings, or a smaller player when on the overworld (preferably not the latter, I'm not sure how that would look).

But anyway, I'm glad to see the thread getting some comments, now we just gotta make sure you finish this one (for the love of god BACK IT UP).

Off topic: Dammit, why does PC go down when I start writing a reply, that's terrible luck.

I'm using Eevee, one because I like it as a pokemon, 2 it fits the Eon Theme, and 3 it doesn't restrict the player to 3 types for starter choice, they can plan and get a wider choice for the main type of their party if they wish to evolve eevee.

And, the Bigger inside than outside is a RPG tradition, it'd take too much time and effort and space to make the buildings as big as the insides, especially when it comes to gyms and such. I'll be keeping the pokemon tradition and having normal sized buildings based on the area they are in, and inside however big they need be.

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
Years
I know Sammich, I liek Eevee too, it's awesome.

When you said about bigger on the inside I thought "THERE SHOULD BE A TARDIS!"...seriously

I just had an idea that you may be interested in, but I'll tell you on MSN in a bit (trying to dual boot linux + windows atm, so MSN isn't gonna happen for a bit xD)

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I know Sammich, I liek Eevee too, it's awesome.

When you said about bigger on the inside I thought "THERE SHOULD BE A TARDIS!"...seriously

I just had an idea that you may be interested in, but I'll tell you on MSN in a bit (trying to dual boot linux + windows atm, so MSN isn't gonna happen for a bit xD)

I'm just about to head out for the day, I won't be on till around 6/7PM.

WorldMapProgessupdate1.png

Also, tried to make more of the world map, you live on a island!
Most of the region is connected up via bridges like Unova.
But they'll be paths for you to surf as well.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
your story leaves a LOT of room to unravel and twist and turn, completely changing the hole expected outcome. I like it and am excited about hearing how it all turns out.
What throws me is your tiles, while i love the red dirt type tiles, it doesnt seem to match any of the grass tiles, I suggest using similar grass tiles, also, you seem to be mixing the ds style buildings, with gba style overworld (as far as I am aware of its gba style grass and ground, and yellow path, making these ds style would probably work, just a thought, good luck though!)

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
your story leaves a LOT of room to unravel and twist and turn, completely changing the hole expected outcome. I like it and am excited about hearing how it all turns out.
What throws me is your tiles, while i love the red dirt type tiles, it doesnt seem to match any of the grass tiles, I suggest using similar grass tiles, also, you seem to be mixing the ds style buildings, with gba style overworld (as far as I am aware of its gba style grass and ground, and yellow path, making these ds style would probably work, just a thought, good luck though!)

I thank you for the comment.
As for the tiles, a lot of them are to be replaced, and I'm not going 'Ds Style'.
1, at the moment i see it happen to much.
2, I prefer the gba style.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I thank you for the comment.
As for the tiles, a lot of them are to be replaced, and I'm not going 'Ds Style'.
1, at the moment i see it happen to much.
2, I prefer the gba style.
I see, sounds great, I just really love the red tile, its so...I can't explain it! anyway, good luck with it! I hope it turns out great! I can't wait to see more screen shots!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
tile_test_by_nintendork15-d5bsq2x.png

A random test in tiles?
Is it good, or bad?
If you like I'll keep it like this. If not i'll go back to previous style.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
A random test in tiles?
Is it good, or bad?
If you like I'll keep it like this. If not i'll go back to previous style.

the buildings look unnatural, iunno, it might just be me, and the fence looks weird too, I think if they had a darker edge then it would look fine
I like the bulletin board though, its pretty cool
(and the flowers, i'm not sure if they are new or not, hahaha)

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Moar Tiles?

the buildings look like paths, and would work like sidewalks, but as a building it lacks a sense of depth, or like, realness
its hard to explain, it just seems like its flat, and not like its tall or anything, also, the trees are getting cut off, or cutting off the building >_>

its a good start, but it needs to be re-shaded or something, its just way too "flat"

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
This isn't meant to be insulting or anything of that nature. This question is more or less for personal reference. Anyway i want to know how often people carry these projects through and complete them. I ask because most rom hacks i have come across are either incomplete or abandoned all together before completion.

Moving on to this hack though looks quite promising and i for one would be interested in it. The screenshots look great, i have always loved that in these hacks people really take the simplicity look of the regular games and completely toss that aside for much better appearance overall. Good luck with the project and i hope to see more on this!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
This isn't meant to be insulting or anything of that nature. This question is more or less for personal reference. Anyway i want to know how often people carry these projects through and complete them. I ask because most rom hacks i have come across are either incomplete or abandoned all together before completion.

Moving on to this hack though looks quite promising and i for one would be interested in it. The screenshots look great, i have always loved that in these hacks people really take the simplicity look of the regular games and completely toss that aside for much better appearance overall. Good luck with the project and i hope to see more on this!

This isn't a rom hack. :l

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
This isn't a rom hack. :l

Oh, sorry then i just assumed because it had a title for the game and edited tiles and what not. I did sort of skim though so i believe it will go back and check the first post in the thread to see exactly what this is suppose to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back