• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3ds emulater?

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
I tried to get a 3ds emulater, and now I'm unsure if there really is one. I had to go through questionaires and such to get a feature for the 3ds emulater, which I don't want to have to go through.

Basically my question is, 'Is there an actual 3ds emulater, and where can I get it, without fuss. I wanna play the new professor Layton :(

TweenyTodd

Quitting cuz i got a job
Years
Besides that, its wrong to steal current gen games. >.< Noone sells GBAs anymore, however 3DS is relatively brand new. If people don't buy the 3DS, Nintendo won't make a next gen handheld, and then where would we be?

If one was to hack the 3DS, a special program would be needed just for the picture files, not to mention the save files or games. In other words, your gonna have to buy the game or wait a couple (or more) years.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
A friend on MSN told me once she was playing Harvest Moon 3DS on a 3DS emulator.

Not sure whether I believe her, but yeah.
Random girl on interwebz seyz: ''Harvest Moon 3DS ROM + emulator works for me''

TweenyTodd

Quitting cuz i got a job
Years
I don't think they work well anyways...

Like I just said, there ARE no 3DS emulators. Theres only some fake sites meant to get your information.

A friend on MSN told me once she was playing Harvest Moon 3DS on a 3DS emulator.

She lied. >.<

The only 3DS "Emulator" is that questioner one which is just hoax.
There's no functional emulator for 3DS yet. Maybe DeSmuME developers go for it in future

Theres people working on it. I doubt DeSmuME is, but I know people are. And as I've said before, there are no programs that open Nintendo's 3D picture files, not even in a 2D format. Even DeSmuME can't solve that.

As for now, just buy the game or wait.

Years
I think there should...You can serach on the youtube.

I got 3DS emulator but I cannot get the Bios.I think there is in the youtube.

Last edited:

TweenyTodd

Quitting cuz i got a job
Years
I think there should...You can serach on the youtube.

I got 3DS emulator but I cannot get the Bios.I think there is in the youtube.

Now I'm angry. I JUST SAID that there is no working 3DS emulator. They're all scams. Just deal with it.

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
Years
Nope, there is currently no way to actually play (emulate)a 3DS game on your computer. If you see an "working emulator that plays 3DS games", it's most likely a virus. I'm guessing it will be at least 2-3 years before it's even available since the 3DS is current gen, but that's just me.

P.S.: Always remember to support Nintendo and buy the game you emulate! ^ ^

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
We might be getting a emulator sooner then you'd expect.

A 3DS flashcart is supposed to be released sometime mid this month. One that can play 3DS games. Cards have been sent out to some sites for reviewing so card is most likely legit.

It's a first gen card so, really, it's going to absolutely suck... But still, it's progress.

And the 3DS decapping project has been fully funded. So, hopefully, some of the secrets that the 3DS's SOC contains will be revealed.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
There's currently no emulator for the Nintendo 3DS, but I would absolutely love to see one become a reality!

But, having said that... 3DS ROMs need the NAND data in order to synchronize with the game itself, otherwise they simply won't run at all. So if we were to build a 3DS emulator, we'd need the NAND binary data extracted from the 3DS, and we'd have to first try emulating the NAND data before beginning emulation of 3DS ROMs, because NAND data is important and essential for synchronization between the game and the amount of play coins in the NAND Flash storage.

From what I've heard... there has been a Japanese version NAND that has been dumped somewhere online. I'm not exactly sure if it's true or not, but we'll have to see.

Let's hope that we'll sooner or later hack the Nintendo 3DS, let's start learning some A+ or something and start researching the 3DS hardware data. Because remember... it doesn't have to matter how hard something is, we can achieve it... we can fully hack the Nintendo 3DS. It's just a matter of getting around to doing it and having enough knowledge about disassembling and reassembling computers and electronic devices, as long as you have that knowledge... you'll be bound to start researching the Nintendo 3DS and look into how it's data worked.

The only thing is... only very few people have actually bothered to research the Nintendo 3DS, most people that used to hack consoles like the Wii and Nintendo DS have all moved on to other things and probably cannot be bothered since they're getting older and having less time to do stuff, which completely understandable.

My advice would be to try and do as much research on devices as you can while you have the time.

Remember, nothing is impossible! ;)

TweenyTodd

Quitting cuz i got a job
Years
I've tried to put this to rest several times for a few simple reasons that I shall repeat now:
1) All current 'Emulators' are viruses.
2) The 3DS is current gen, making it ethically wrong to emulate it.
3) Current DS Emulator creators still have problems (Desmume and No$GBA), and thus will be more inclined to fix current problems than start on new things.
4) Anyone competent enough to hack a 3DS would have to own one, thus taking away the reason for hacking it.

A 3DS flashcart is supposed to be released sometime mid this month. One that can play 3DS games. Cards have been sent out to some sites for reviewing so card is most likely legit.
Simply put, I really don't believe this. And even if it is true, it would not be an emulator as it is on the same system. An emulator would be 3DS on PC or other system.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I've tried to put this to rest several times for a few simple reasons that I shall repeat now:
1) All current 'Emulators' are viruses.
2) The 3DS is current gen, making it ethically wrong to emulate it.
3) Current DS Emulator creators still have problems (Desmume and No$GBA), and thus will be more inclined to fix current problems than start on new things.
4) Anyone competent enough to hack a 3DS would have to own one, thus taking away the reason for hacking it.

Simply put, I really don't believe this. And even if it is true, it would not be an emulator as it is on the same system. An emulator would be 3DS on PC or other system.

1 - No. I can name a entire list of current emulators that are not viruses. Current 3DS emulators yes, but not all current ones. Overly broad statement - You need to watch out for that.
2 - Didn't stop a whole list of other systems. gba, ds, gc, ps2, wii... All of those were current gen when the first emulator came out.
3 - Yes, and? These groups will be inclined to work on, perfect, their emulators. But that won't stop other groups from starting their own projects. That said, no$gba still had some kinks to work out on GBA emulation. Didn't stop Martin from adding in DS emulation.
4 - Yes and no. Depends on the type of hack they are working on, and why. They might be hacking it to try and remove the region lock. They might be hacking it because hey, why not?

Anyway, it's progress. It's not a emulator, but a working flashcard is a good start. I can't remember the exact dates but I do think that the DS also had a flashcard released that played commercial games before a emulator that could play commercial games was released. They were crap compared to later cards though, but they still generated more interest in DS hacking. Even if the flashcard doesn't provide helpful information for making a emulator, the additional interest in 3DS hacking that it will spur on will be of help.

Edit - The real limiting issue though for 3DS emulation will be hardware. The hardware requirements jump a lot per generation and they don't really scale equally over generations. Compare the hardware the GBA is based on, and the minimum hardware required to emulate it. Then do the same with DS hardware, and compare the results. The scaling is a lot diffrient between the two. It's going to be even worse for the 3DS.

Last edited:

TweenyTodd

Quitting cuz i got a job
Years
1 - No. I can name a entire list of current emulators that are not viruses. Current 3DS emulators yes, but not all current ones. Overly broad statement - You need to watch out for that.
2 - Didn't stop a whole list of other systems. gba, ds, gc, ps2, wii... All of those were current gen when the first emulator came out.
3 - Yes, and? These groups will be inclined to work on, perfect, their emulators. But that won't stop other groups from starting their own projects. That said, no$gba still had some kinks to work out on GBA emulation. Didn't stop Martin from adding in DS emulation.
4 - Yes and no. Depends on the type of hack they are working on, and why. They might be hacking it to try and remove the region lock. They might be hacking it because hey, why not?

1) I of course know that all emulators are not viruses. I use several emulators and ROM hack myself. I was speaking in the context of "3DS emulation."
2) And I'd disagree then like I disagree now. It's ethically wrong to emulate current gen.
3) They'd be inclined. Thats all I said.
4) I assume that would be true. However, anyone who says "I want to hack 3DS's for the fun of it." really needs some new hobbies. >.< (Personal Opinion of course)

Regardless, the answer to the original post: "Is there an actual 3ds emulater, and where can I get it, without fuss" is no.

Back