• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

had a question

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Yeah you can roleplay but I'm not so sure people would approve of yaoi pairings on here.
Why? Because they're GAY and gay people are ICKY. Particularly GAY MEN?

Any pairing is fine to be written about. They just get the same rule of no physical descriptions of sex written about them. But m/m, f/f, m/f are fine, and anyone who gives you trouble for writing them is going to be the one in trouble.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019

Any pairing is fine to be written about. They just get the same rule of no physical descriptions of sex written about them. But m/m, f/f, m/f are fine, and anyone who gives you trouble for writing them is going to be the one in trouble.

I didn't say they would be bashed unanimously, just not sure whether they would have been looked upon as kindly as other types of pairings, at least on this forum anyways.

Last edited:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years

Are you allowed to insinuate sex? Like:
"And made their way, kissing, through the hallway and into the bedroom, urgently locking the door behind them.

---

The next morning...etc etc"

I am guessing that's fine, right?

It's more like.. stuff considered TMI like words like "arousal" that are used sexually, right?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Yes - that's off-screen so it's allowed; just needs the relevant rating to go with it. There's links to rating systems and what makes up a certain rating in the rules thread.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Yeah, it says explicit content, but I don't really know what that concerns in terms of pokecommunity. Like for example.. what if the story concerns a character who is learning to cope with being a recent rape victim? (The story only mentions rape/ there is no actual rape in the story.)

Would that be M or MA?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
TW: Rape

I'm never completely sure on ratings, but I wouldn't put it at the highest rating just because it mentions rape. So long as you're not graphically describing it, and are just writing about a character handling life afterward, that wouldn't require a high rating. Mainly warnings so people know what they're getting into. But it wouldn't automatically get a MA warning though it has no graphic descriptions in it.

just not sure whether they would have been looked upon as kindly as other types of pairings, at least on this forum anyways.
Again I ask: Why? Because it involves two men?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Again I ask: Why? Because it involves two men?

Because I'm used to seeing homosexuality being bashed on other forums I've been to before, that's why. I'm not so sure if this site would be the same way towards homosexuality due to me not being on here all that often so I said I'm not sure because I don't know the stance PC as a whole takes on this particular subject.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years

Because I'm used to seeing homosexuality being bashed on other forums I've been to before, that's why. I'm not so sure if this site would be the same way towards homosexuality due to me not being on here all that often so I said I'm not sure because I don't know the stance PC as a whole takes on this particular subject.

I admit I'm never really on the fanfiction section of the forums, but I find Pokecommunity to be quite an accepting forum as a whole when it comes to LGBT, actually. I don't think you should have a problem.
I've actually sort of considered the same thing, really. (Should I post it? Shouldn't I?) After I told my idea to a few members here I was met, by a couple of them, with the whole "ew they're gay" or that they assumed that the fanfic would be terrible just because there was anything other than heterosexual pairings.

Though.. I wouldn't let that deter you. Usually the people who do that are either teasing (in my case because they were friends) or just immature. I think we should move towards being accepting of people and story ideas. For that reason I say go for it! :3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I admit I'm never really on the fanfiction section of the forums, but I find Pokecommunity to be quite an accepting forum as a whole when it comes to LGBT, actually. I don't think you should have a problem.
I've actually sort of considered the same thing, really. (Should I post it? Shouldn't I?) After I told my idea to a few members here I was met, by a couple of them, with the whole "ew they're gay" or that they assumed that the fanfic would be terrible just because there was anything other than heterosexual pairings.

Though.. I wouldn't let that deter you. Usually the people who do that are either teasing (in my case because they were friends) or just immature. I think we should move towards being accepting of people and story ideas. For that reason I say go for it! :3

Pretty much what this fellow said lol. Especially on the others teasing bit since gay jokes can only go so far nowadays anyways, they used to be funny back when we were still in middle school but now they're like Chuck Norris jokes if you ask me.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years

Pretty much what this fellow said lol. Especially on the others teasing bit since gay jokes can only go so far nowadays anyways, they used to be funny back when we were still in middle school but now they're like Chuck Norris jokes if you ask me.

Yeah I wouldn't worry. That was actually my dilemma like.. a few days ago. I didn't know if I should've kept it friendship.. or like played up (one or both) of the characters' homosexuality.

Are you -planning- on writing something slash? (Is slash the right term? Or does slash mean sex in a fic? ._.) Or have you already written it and was wondering if you should post it up?

._. Yeah.. just avoid the fellows who say that. Like I understand maybe they aren't interested in reading it, for example, but.. they shouldn't outright bash it. They should be supportive <3

:3 Good luck <3

Back