• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Some kind of CBC and Smogon merger?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Okay so normally if I have CBC-related ideas I'd tell Anti and Wolflare but this is such a great idea I have to post it right now. I feel that if PC "affiliated" with Smogon in terms of battling our memberbase would increase and we'd have much better battlers. It'd need negotiating BUT! Do continue reading.

I think the benefits would be if we got Smogon's best posting RMTs here, and being active here as apart of the affiliation thing, suddenly "interest" would increase from PC's battlers in battling because they know they can compete against not complete randoms and actually good people. Plus in a PO server merge you could have like Smogon's main active people and PC's main active people and boom, you have an active server. Plus, CLANS. It would increase activity in clans because we'd get new members. Actually you know CBC could just become Smogon's OU playhouse, since it basically is that right now from all the teams posted. Just make PC official for something in terms of affiliating, still have PC's subforums @ CBC and people will come for the "OU" section but stay for clans and tournaments and other stuff PC has as a whole.

I think this'll be very successful and should occur immediately.

Years
Pfft, why affiliate when we could take them over instead? Smogon can be our brand-new Community Site. They'll just love the PC forums!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The major competitive resource, Went. Get with it. Anyway, no Sammi I think people would be less likely to visit the actual Pokecommunity part, whereas for Smogon, they'd still visit there and visit PC too. :3 best solution tbh.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Yeah, I can see CBC activity increasing if we did that, but I don't see why in hell Smogon would do something so stupid to merge with our forum which is substantially lesser quality in competative battling terms. Keep dreaming, Nica.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Tbh being more like Smogon would be a huge step in the right direction anyway. Getting rid of all the pointless themes and custom profiles and other plugins and stuff which only break things and annoy people would do us a lot of good. Smogon is fine without them. Why wouldn't we be?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Not really, we could offer them incentives, Nick.

You know like, say one style designer for one competitive battler type swap? We definitely excel at styles, so we could use that to our advantage. I really am behind this idea. :(

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
I say we delete CBC and place a Smogon link there. I doubt it will be missed.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
But that would take activity away from PC and put you out of a job! aka the opposite effect.

Back