• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Future FireRed Team

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
Years
I have a bunch of free time, and I already posted a future White 2 Team, but I also want to plan this one out too.

Charizard-Fire/Flying
Mixed Sweeper
Blaze
Flamethrower
Dragon Claw
Fly
Earthquake

Raichu-Electric
Physical Sweeper(and Thunderbolt)
Static
Thunderbolt
Brick Break
Iron Tail
Thunder Wave

Graveler-Rock/Ground
Physical Sweeper
Rock Head
Double Edge
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Brick Break

Vileplume-Grass/Poison
Special Sweeper
Chlorophyll
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed
Giga Drain
Cut

Mr Mime-Psychic
Special Sweeper
Soundproof(wish it was Filter)
Magical Leaf
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Flash

Gyarados-Water/Flying
HM Slave
Intimidate
Surf
Waterfall
Rock Smash
Strength

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well, I won't critique your usage of HMs if you really need them. :3

You team looks good anyhow - I'd recommend Calm Mind > Magical Leaf on Mr. Mime for more sweeping potential, when you're up against another Psychic type or something.

You can also use Rock Slide > Dragon Claw on Charizard, since this will give you more coverage options (against Flying, Fire, Bug) and besides - the majority of Dragons in the 3rd gen era are also part flying, so you'll be able to nail them for super-effective damage anyway.

Well, just some advice! Good luck on your playthrough, and your battles. ^^

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
Years
My HM usage is on pokemon that cant really take advantage of their stats, like Cut on Vileplume. Besides a Grass attack and status moves, Vileplume cant take advantage of return, then Cut it is. Gyarados because its Special Attack is horrible and can learn many HMs. As for Charizard and Dragon Claw, none of my Pokemon can use an Ice attack, so I came up with a strategy for Lance.
(Vileplume survives an attack, sleep powder + leech seed, then Charizard owns with Dragon Claw and it needs another special attack)
And I prefer multiple coverages over a stat boost anyway(plus does it really need it?)
Thanks for the advice

Back