• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

CYOA: Signup thread

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Welcome to the signup thread for the group CYOA story!

What does that stand for? Challenge yellow oversized authors?

CYOA stands for Choose Your Own Adventure. What happens in a following part of the story is up to you, based on a list of choices. You can see how it is going in this thread.

How will it work?

Someone will start the story, and at the end of their contribution will provide a number of choices. The next writer will then choose one of those supplied choices and continue the story based on that choice. At the end they offer another choice, and so on and so forth.

Restrictions?

The limit for how much you can write for each part is a page to three pages (or as a rough guide, 500 - 1500 words). This is so there isn't too much you are expected to write, nor too little for there to be too little story added on.

You also have a time limit of four days to write your part. This is to ensure the story keeps moving at a regular pace! Of course, the sooner you are done the better.

All posting will go in a separate CYOA thread in the main section. (Link coming when it is actually made!)

Where do I sign!?

Well, here in this thread! Post if you are interested in joining in, and we'll go in order. If down the track it turns out you'll be too busy when your turn comes around, then just let us know and we'll shift you down. Within reason of course! You can join in multiple times too, but please let other people have a chance to sign up first too.

In addition, the person to start off can provide the opening scene as well, if they like. Which means they wouldn't have a set of choices to begin with but rather come up with the beginning sequence, but someone's gotta do it! Alternatively I could come up with something if the first writer doesn't want to start the story.

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Hail collaborative fiction! Let us challenge those colossal jaundiced authors together. By which I mean I'm signing up. I'm also willing to create an opening scene, if need be - although if someone else has a burning desire to do it, by all means let them.

F.A.B.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'll also throw my name in as I figure a week or so from now I will have more time for this.

I think we might as well get started, so if you are willing to have the ball rolling from your capable hands, Cutlerine, you can start it up!

As for the thread itself - should I make it now(ish) with the first post being a quick description and link to this, and the following posts the story itself? The alternative is I hijack the first post to include the such when it's made. Yay for ninja edit abilities!

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
I'd also like to join, after some consideration.

Cutlerine

Years
I'll also throw my name in as I figure a week or so from now I will have more time for this.

I think we might as well get started, so if you are willing to have the ball rolling from your capable hands, Cutlerine, you can start it up!

As for the thread itself - should I make it now(ish) with the first post being a quick description and link to this, and the following posts the story itself? The alternative is I hijack the first post to include the such when it's made. Yay for ninja edit abilities!

OK. You make it now, and I'll have an introduction to put into the second post within a couple of days.

And now... onwards to my writing-desk*!

F.A.B.

*Disclaimer: May not actually be a writing desk. Terms and conditions apply. Obtain the bill-payer's permission first. All rights reserved.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Well, quick of you guys already as it's already icomeanon6's turn! Plenty of opportunity for more people to sign up as well. Cough.

By the by, I am taking suggestions for a better (and more fitting?) story title for the thread as well.

Last edited:

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
I'd like to sign up for this. I should have enough free time without having to worry about classes next week because of Spring Break.

silverexorcist

Individualism in Normalcy!
Years
Sacrificing free time for what is interesting is a natural part of human nature. Following that baseless logic, I will happily and proudly join, if you'll have me.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Well, unless StinkomanFan wants to go now (as in within a day as it's been four days now since I last posted the next part of the story!) then it's your turn, roen52. And then you, silverexorcist. =) (Why are you exorcising silver D=)

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
k then lets just put my name in I dont have much to do Im on easter holidays well there is that history project I should do

bobandbill

one more time
Years
You've got an additional day max, Midnight-Umbreon, before we'll have to move onto Kanea.

On that note, more writers are needed to keep it going!

Cutlerine

Years
So, uh, I can't help but notice that we've stalled here, without an update to the story since the sixth. I'm willing to write another segment in the next couple of days to try and get it going again, if we're still interested in keeping this tale alive.

I mean, we can't leave our poor nameless hero without their imagination forever, can we?

F.A.B.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Î had VM'd Kanea a few days back who had said that he didn't realise it had been his turn (Midnight-Umbreon did not respond here)... so he had an extension as nobody else was in line. That said the extension runs out today so you are free to continue it if nothing is finished by then - it's gone on for too long already. Unless someone else wants to join in now, but they must be able to post an update, no excuses.

Please guys, only sign up if you intend to keep on track with it and post to the story; we don't want this to fall over so early.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
And if you're unable to post when it's your turn please inform the thread so the next person can know.

Back