• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Still remember

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
Did everyone forget about the 7th gen it seems like it??????

pm me if not

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I remember it. Something about Hawaii and Super Beasts right?

/s

I do think 7th gen was special enough to be remembered forever in pokemon history :) Actually, all gens are.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
Look at my avatar. c:

Seriously, though, I agree with adventure that all Gens are special enough to be remembered in Pokemon history - but honestly, I feel like gen 7 was one of the most memorable. I mean, it cemented the existence of a multiverse in Pokemon! Even if you don't like that angle (which I do), you've got to admit it's a big deal.

Whim

king of weirdtropolis
Years
There are many great and bad things about Alola as a whole and it does contribute to its current state right, being the biggest one its replay value.

Even though it made many things to make it memorable: mainly the region itself, the new mechanics of trials and grand trials and even its dex (too many great designs) - it found itself repeating many of the same mistakes of the previous generation. The fact that you have to look at the same dialogue all over again about Lillie and Cosmog without the possibility of skipping it is just too boring. Don't get me wrong: I liked the story. But the fact you can't skip it only makes the replayability rather lame. Also, in the competitive scene, the Tapus terrain war is not nearly as enjoyable as Weather Wars were back in Gen 5 - mostly because now it relies more on safer (and slower) strategies.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
I think most people have forgot about it because of sword and shield

And no one trades for ultra sun anymore

I think they stopped making events for using to

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
Does anyone think you'll be able to transfer Pokemon from ultra sun to sword and shield

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Mar 6, 2021
I don't know I can't see them letting us take our old Pokemon to new games

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
nah it's highly likely that they'll let us transfer Pokemon from the gen 7 games to SnS

they've been letting us transfer Pokemon to the next generation since Gen 3/4, and I imagine that a lot of people would be unhappy if they suddenly stopped doing it after all this time

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
Yeah, this gen's popularity really seems to have stagnated, even moreso with the announcement of Sword and Shield and Let's Go dropping, people have been swayed towards those games and pretty much forgotten about this one. I've also found that it's quite hard for passerbys to get battles with you compared to early on in this gen's life cycle, again pretty much hinting that this gen is losing popularity, as well as the fact that quite a lot of people I've talked to, have pretty much given up on Alola and are taking a break from the series, or are going back and replaying older gens.

Whim

king of weirdtropolis
Years
Yeah, this gen's popularity really seems to have stagnated, even moreso with the announcement of Sword and Shield and Let's Go dropping, people have been swayed towards those games and pretty much forgotten about this one. I've also found that it's quite hard for passerbys to get battles with you compared to early on in this gen's life cycle, again pretty much hinting that this gen is losing popularity, as well as the fact that quite a lot of people I've talked to, have pretty much given up on Alola and are taking a break from the series, or are going back and replaying older gens.

Actually it was rather impossible for that not to happen due to the fact that Let's Go was the only option of the players that were waiting for a new Pokémon game to play. Even tho it had its beauty, gameplay wise there isn't much that could be done in this game in comparison to other remakes we had before.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Look at my avatar. c:

Seriously, though, I agree with adventure that all Gens are special enough to be remembered in Pokemon history - but honestly, I feel like gen 7 was one of the most memorable. I mean, it cemented the existence of a multiverse in Pokemon! Even if you don't like that angle (which I do), you've got to admit it's a big deal.
I'm pretty sure ORAS was the first to do this with the entire point of the Delta Episode being to find another way to deal with a meteor because otherwise it would destroy the alternate-universe Hoenn.

That nitpick aside, I feel gen 7's pre-release and release period were overhyped to the point that the crash from the realization of just how flawed the games were was more intense than of previous games. For games like XY, people were more attuned to its shortcomings earlier on, which in a way made the positives seem that much stronger. That being said, once gen 7 gets old enough, the positive opinions will resurface again, as with each gen.

Gen 7 is just in that really odd spot right now where it's old enough to start being pushed to the back of peoples' minds but still new enough to make it seem weird that it's being pushed to the back of peoples' minds. SM got "replaced" by USUM but most people disliked it, only for USUM to be followed by Kanto re-remakes on Switch which not everyone was willing to get for Kanto re-remakes, not to mention some people still don't realize that yes, LGPE are indeed "main series" titles. So it seems like gen 7 is being buried by these newer games that, by virtue of just being remakes, are themselves also easy to forget.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
I'm pretty sure ORAS was the first to do this with the entire point of the Delta Episode being to find another way to deal with a meteor because otherwise it would destroy the alternate-universe Hoenn.
Yeah, I know; but I still feel like Gen 7 really cemented it - because, as much as what you said was mentioned in the Delta Episode, ultimately we didn't see any of it (and technically, there was no confirmation that it was even true; we just took it for granted because it's Pokemon and legends have always been true so far). Whereas Gen 7 actually had alien Pokemon and interdimensional travel.

I see what you mean, though - it was such a shocking reveal that, when people think of "the multiverse in Pokemon", the first thing that springs to mind is likely gonna OR/AS. Hence, Gen 7 is even more forgotten.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Yeah, I know; but I still feel like Gen 7 really cemented it - because, as much as what you said was mentioned in the Delta Episode, ultimately we didn't see any of it (and technically, there was no confirmation that it was even true; we just took it for granted because it's Pokemon and legends have always been true so far). Whereas Gen 7 actually had alien Pokemon and interdimensional travel.

I see what you mean, though - it was such a shocking reveal that, when people think of "the multiverse in Pokemon", the first thing that springs to mind is likely gonna OR/AS. Hence, Gen 7 is even more forgotten.

If you want to compare it to a place you can actually see/visit, I'd say your best bet is gen 4's Distortion World. This could definitely attribute to why gen 7 seems forgotten as well: Ultra Space segments are just hallways (Nihilego's hallway in SM and the Ultra Hallwaycropolis in USUM) while the Distortion World was fleshed out and really iconic in tandem with Giratina absconding with Cyrus. Perhaps not quite as "alternate-universe-y" as what's presented in ORAS, but definitely spacetime-shenanigans alternate-reality-level.

Back