• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Research: Pokémon Yellow Map Headers

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
As Pokémon Yellow hasn't really been hacked and PikaMap, which supports it, doesn't have map headers stored anywhere (or the possibilities for editing event data for that matter either), I decided to look for them :)

So unless you don't know what map headers are, you should first read this document (I know, it takes brains to learn that kind of stuff).
Pokémon RBYG Map Headers

Map Headers

Spoiler:

Thanks to Sawakita for help with this job :)

Last edited:

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Not bad, keep it up.
If I was into hacking the older games I would definitely use this.
Is the header format the same as red and blue?

On a side note this damn site should have a like button for those who don't wish to muster up a post -_-

Oh wait we did... It was the rep button...

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Yeah, the header format is the same for every 1st gen game (including Green).

Oh, and thanks for support :)

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Thanks for this, as Gamer said, if I get into hacking that gen I'll make use of this.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
Hi folks, sorry to bump an old thread but I've been trying to find how collision data is structured in the ROM and I've not found any other thread or webpage that describes this yet. It seems to be at around about 0xC430 - if I write about 64 bytes of 0x1 then I can successfully lock Ash into position when he's in Pallet town, but I'm been unsuccessful in being able to reliably work out what this structure is, any pointers?

Back