• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Trade partner refuses to trade back

Dusk Mane Koopa

"What's the matter, scared?"
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Story time!
Well, I caught Delibird in a Great Ball (apparently poisoning didn't work, but paralysis did). I also managed to evolve my Abra, Keanu, into a Kadabra for Hala's trial. But I wanted to evolve it even further, into an Alakazam-- at level 16, no less. The sensible thing would be to ask a friend or close colleague to trade.
I did not do the sensible thing.
I went to Festival Plaza and traded with a random stranger on the Internet named Chepe97. Once I had given him Keanu and taken a Pinsir in return, I offered to trade the Pinsir back to him. But he said he would like to see my other Pok?mon. I insisted he take Pinsir back, but he canceled the trade and did not return.
I just lost my newly-evolved Alakazam forever-- and he's probably gone and traded it back away again. Right now, the best thing I can do is catch another Abra and take the sensible route-- but it won't be quite the same, and the worst thing is that it's my fault. Hala, I'll have to hold off on you. And Chepe97-- whoever you are, I'll have my revenge.

Edit: Currently grinding another Abra. I have faith in this one-- she's Timid, while the other was Bashful.
Double edit: Pursuit is really annoying.

Last edited:

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
Years
Story time!
Well, I caught Delibird in a Great Ball (apparently poisoning didn't work, but paralysis did). I also managed to evolve my Abra, Keanu, into a Kadabra for Hala's trial. But I wanted to evolve it even further, into an Alakazam-- at level 16, no less. The sensible thing would be to ask a friend or close colleague to trade.
I did not do the sensible thing.
I went to Festival Plaza and traded with a random stranger on the Internet named Chepe97. Once I had given him Keanu and taken a Pinsir in return, I offered to trade the Pinsir back to him. But he said he would like to see my other Pok?mon. I insisted he take Pinsir back, but he canceled the trade and did not return.
I just lost my newly-evolved Alakazam forever-- and he's probably gone and traded it back away again. Right now, the best thing I can do is catch another Abra and take the sensible route-- but it won't be quite the same, and the worst thing is that it's my fault. Hala, I'll have to hold off on you. And Chepe97-- whoever you are, I'll have my revenge.

Edit: Currently grinding another Abra. I have faith in this one-- she's Timid, while the other was Bashful.
Double edit: Pursuit is really annoying.

Whenever you need to evolve it, i need to evolve one meself, we can trade them for evolution

Last edited:
Years
Nice that you got a new Abra with a much better nature. Sorry to hear about your experience though, but when people say "I want to see other Pokemon" or something like that, it's a sign that they are just showing off.

Remember that our traders tend to be more trustworthy, so do consult TC if you need help with evolution.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
but when people say "I want to see other Pokemon" or something like that, it's a sign that they are just showing off.

This has been a problem since last gen. Whenever you're online, people are just going to spam you trade requests, just for the express purpose of flexing their (most likely blatantly hacked) myths and shinies. It's probably so they can show that they're "better" and "cooler" than the person they're trading with while they probably laugh behind the screen at the poor player who got sucked into this trade. In the end, it's best to just decline rogue trades like this...honestly I hate it when people drag people into trades just to flex.

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
Years
This has been a problem since last gen. Whenever you're online, people are just going to spam you trade requests, just for the express purpose of flexing their (most likely blatantly hacked) myths and shinies. It's probably so they can show that they're "better" and "cooler" than the person they're trading with while they probably laugh behind the screen at the poor player who got sucked into this trade. In the end, it's best to just decline rogue trades like this...honestly I hate it when people drag people into trades just to flex.

You wouldn't believe how many times this has happened to me. Generally speaking i will decline their trade requests, unless I submit one they are it, and want to trade, I end communication because they took to long, and then the request to trade with me.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
This one of the reasons why I never use Festival Plaza especially with those who I don't know.

Back