• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scrapbox phase-out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
This can't be happening! My favourite section... :X
Although, you guys are right, this section is overspammed and it doesn't serve it's purpose well... ):

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Something that was ineffable, of all the ROM hacking forums, the scrapbox is the one with excessive spam and rule breaking. Many threads in there just get buried and never update again, I think to start off with having some progress instead of just ideas is a good idea.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Hmmm.. big change.. but where will all the ideas go?
I think that people will have to do some work and commit at least 1-2hours before they can post a thread. personally I'm in favor of this, because that will mean like half of the dead end hacks go away.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Aye, the memories.
The scrapbox was always more of a space for dreamers rather than hackers, so I guess what needs to be done will get done.

There were more request posts than anything else here, though, so in the end I don't know what I'm going on about.

Bye scrapbox.~

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Hmm... I'm against this, but what's done is done. Despite all the SPAM and things like that, there are some gems there. So... It gets rid of the SPAM I guess... Despite some good ideas in there, but the amount of SPAM and abandoned things outweigh the gems... Shame really. No-one to blame really but the SPAMers and the hackers who created the request threads.

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
I'm glad this is happening- but I will be very sad if Pokemon Ash's Quest deleted- the hack owner is very inactive but it is a great hack and should definitely be saved by moving it into progressing hacks or the showcase. Also, where where all the help threads go, like the rijon trilogy help thread and the Ruby destiny one?

RedBaron474

I don't even know
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 26, 2016
Aww man, in ways this is a good thing, in others its bad . . . . Farewell Scrapbox!! :)

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Never thought I'd see the day...

I think the Scrapbox was useful in theory but, as you said, it's just not serving the purpose it was originally established for. It'll take a little getting used to but I'm sure that you all have put a lot of thought into this and that this is the right decision. We'll see how things work out.

Last edited:
Years
New year, new structure. Good to see this go, it really needed it. So much garbage in this area. There were a few gems hidden here or there, but most of them seem dead now, anyway.

I think you dealt a winning hand to the dedicated hackers of this nook of the community, Anthony.

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
The saddest thing is this removal makes almost perfect sense.

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
would it not be wiser if you kept the scrapbox but increased expectations?

IE. screenshots??? maybe some proof that you can hack??? something like that...

I donno i'm just saying my mind i don't want the scrapbox gone....

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
that's what the progressive hacks is for. pulse then there would be a lot of thread closing and it would be a lot of work, it's smarter jut to scrap it.

Years
Hmm...
In a way...
Nah, this is a good thing. I haven't been here as long as most of you guys, so the current Scrapbox has always been like this, to me. Not that it was good, it was full of wannabe's, who needed mappers, scripters and spriters (THOSE ARE THE THREE JOBS OF HACKING- THERE IS NOTHING ELSE TO DO! Save for ASM or something. But if you can do ASM, surely you can script). This way, everyone will have to actually work at something before they get to post a thread. Although to the Mods- be prepared for a s**tload of PMs and VMs from wannabe hackers that want their "epic dreem 2 becum a realitee". If the help threads can get moved, somewhere (ie, if they're not deleted) then no bad can come of this decision.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I barely go to this forum section anymore, so I could care less to see this crappy area go to the scrap head itself. I'm actually glad you're getting rid of it. People post too many spam threads here, don't give enough information, etc. I'd like to see a hack with some actual progress first before posting it.

Thanks for doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back