• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Congratulations, you broke the law!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarman

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2006
Anyone here who has a PC version of RPG Maker (95, 2000, 2003 or XP) that isn't Japanese (or downloaded for $60 in English if it's RMXP) has an illegal copy of the game. Don Miguel, the guy who translates the games and releases them as freeware, never had permission from the makers of the games to translate & distribute the games. He was sued by them, but won because of a legal loophole, probably having to do with the fact he lives in Russia or something like that. So pretty much everyone here with one of the games got it from a place that's distributing it as freeware that was translated by Don Miguel and is breaking the law. RPG Maker communities frown upon pirated copies of the game.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Wha...doesn't EVERYONE know this?

BTW, IIRC, Don Miguel only translated RPG2000.

Jarman

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2006
Allstories: Well, somebody illegaly translated the others.

Webmaster Tyler: Did you even read my post?

Jarman

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2006
I'm not trying to become a historical PC person, newb. If I wanted to do that I would do the things stated in my sig.

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
Years
Jarman said:
I'm not trying to become a historical PC person, newb. If I wanted to do that I would do the things stated in my sig.

I'm with you 100% dude. Don't give up. :rambo:

Jarman

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2006
Cursed said:
Well, you are technically spamming. Unless you have a story and screens for a game called "Congradulations (sp?), you broke the law" this is spam.

Where else would I put this topic?

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
Years
Cursed said:
Well, you are technically spamming. Unless you have a story and screens for a game called "Congradulations (sp?), you broke the law" this is spam.

Oh, so what your saying is that your spamming sa well cause you got no pics and aren't talking about his thread. dont go offtopic.

Webmaster Tyler

Owner of Pokemon Help
Years
Maybe in Other Chat or something cause this is the Game Devolpment thread if something is posted that isnt a game gets locked

Jarman

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2006
The person who agrees with you doesn't pay attention to what people are talking about.

Webmaster Tyler

Owner of Pokemon Help
Years
No matter what this is going to be closed. and so what if were using freeware everybody does so who cares. and No Matter were breaking the law for using Pokemon's Game Graphics

Jarman

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2006
Webmaster Tyler said:
No matter what this is going to be closed. and so what if were using freeware everybody does so who cares. and No Matter were breaking the law for using Pokemon's Game Graphics

You didn't read my first post, or are an idiot. This topic is about how using the freeware versions is illegal, not using the Pokemon graphics.

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
Years
Jarman said:
You didn't read my first post, or are an idiot. This topic is about how using the freeware versions is illegal, not using the Pokemon graphics.

That's right! He and Cursed are idiots :P

Webmaster Tyler

Owner of Pokemon Help
Years
Jarman said:
Your the Idoit Because Everyone uses Freeware i bet u use it to and dont say u dont cause u do and you might not even no it

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
Years
Webmaster Tyler said:
Your the Idoit Because Everyone uses Freeware i bet u use it to and dont say u dont cause u do and you might not even no it

Hey, Jarman is not an idiot! You are a freakin idiot! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back