• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Pristine Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
Years
logo1bv.png

townmap.png
mighty_roar_by_dewitty-d4l1oyk.gif

shots.png

In legends, there has been spoken about various kinds of objects. Ancient relics, to be more specific. They were used for the purpose of summoning deities, battling and much, much more. This game is about one specific relic called the Spear of Victory.

The Spear of Victory is a legendary item, whose existance is not even certain. The Spear is said to bring eternal victory to anyone who owns it, and it was created by the mighty Alpha Pokémon, using a small part of all its legendary orbs. The Spear was given to an ancient king, for the sole purpose of protecting his land.

Then one day, the power the king had drove him crazy, and he started using the weapon for conquering even more land, however, this was not the Alpha Pokémon's intention. When the king was about to attack, a lion-like creature appeared to him and roared. The spear shattered in thirteen pieces, which all bursted into flames. The spear was never seen again, and the kingdom of the mighty king fell.

And now, a bunch of mysterious people is trying to find the spear for their own good! It is your duty to stop them in Pokémon: Prestine Version, featuring a brand new region in the style of the fourth generation games, setting you back to the first time you played Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. Meet old friends, new friends, and stop these mysterious people from doing things that could have terrible consequences!

Features
- A brand new region
- Custom graphics
- Animated Pokémon sprites

More to come soon!

Screenshots
001opj.png
005cb.png
007pw.png
006cg.png
002bs.png
003fs.png
004cf.png
008twx.png
009qd.png
010ba.png
011ch.png
012cl.png

Team
Dewitty
Abnegation

Credits
Enterbrain for RPG Maker XP
Poccil for his Starter Kit

Last edited:

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH <3

I love it! I'm not sure why I'm posting, when I can just tell you on MSN...but...I love it! :>

Just one thing. The player's overworld side-view (boy) shouldn't show the hat brim, seeing as it's in the front. :3

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Yeah (speaking of the hero overworld) I'm guessing the side sprites are wrong since back sprites don't have the brim. Bare in mind when remaking them that the cap is tilted to the player's right hand side, so the left facing sprite won't have that brim (or a skewed angle of it). Since you do the overworlds in mine game, I know from experience you just flip the side sprite so keep that advice in mind.

Comments on the general thread/game now.
The first thing that struck me was your game world map. Are you going to keep that style? I think you should ;)
Your map work is as strong as ever (speaking about your skills I remember from the past lol). There are a lot of 90 degree right angles, but I don't see that as an issue - it's just something I posted (wouldn't call it a "problem").

Overall, seems like a cool project. I wish you luck.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Currently the protagonists are going under a bit of a redesign. So the overworlds are not final really. But nice spotting Aqua!

I believe we'll be keeping the map style as it currently is, but it may become a little more detailed if we find ways to improve it. Thanks for the comments guys.

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2017
The premise certainly has my attention. Will the game feature official pokemon or original creations?

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
Years
Wowww, you are rocking those tiles! The overworlds look clean and greatly put together, the designs for the PokeCenter and PokeMart are quite beautiful, mainly everything that has to do with pixel art looks like it took real effort. The logo is quite nice, and the legend is very imaginative. It looks like everything in this game is in 1st place, just like Forever Lost!:) I'm looking forward to more things for this game! Good luck, Dewitty and Abnegation!

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
The white glow for the logo is low quality - is that because of the gif file? I'm guessing so right?

The animation is so slick. Looks like it will be very smooth. How come you picked that pokemon? Is he connected to the story somehow?

Years
Right when I saw the creator of this game, I knew that this game will be worth to play. You held up to the deal ^_^.

Just one question with Entei, will the other 2/3s of the trio be involved, or no?

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
Years
The premise certainly has my attention. Will the game feature official pokemon or original creations?

For now, there will be no original Pokémon in the games. However, we do aspire to implement alternate forms and maybe alternatively colored Pokémon.

Wowww, you are rocking those tiles! The overworlds look clean and greatly put together, the designs for the PokeCenter and PokeMart are quite beautiful, mainly everything that has to do with pixel art looks like it took real effort. The logo is quite nice, and the legend is very imaginative. It looks like everything in this game is in 1st place, just like Forever Lost! I'm looking forward to more things for this game! Good luck, Dewitty and Abnegation!

Thank you!

The white glow for the logo is low quality - is that because of the gif file? I'm guessing so right?

The animation is so slick. Looks like it will be very smooth. How come you picked that pokemon? Is he connected to the story somehow?

Yes, it looks better in-game. The Pokémon is indeed related to the story. The prologue speaks about a "lion-like creature". This refers to Entei.

Right when I saw the creator of this game, I knew that this game will be worth to play. You held up to the deal ^_^.

Just one question with Entei, will the other 2/3s of the trio be involved, or no?

Haha, I feel flattered. Yes, the other two will be involved aswell.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
Pretty great stuff here, Dew. Especially that region map. Oh man, I love it. Keep it up, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing another update.

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
I absolutely adore the graphics and how they're based on the late Gen IV style. The Gen V style is too flashy and hurts my eyes, but these graphics are exquisite!

Changing the subject into a rather random one, will Treecko and Torchic be catchable? After all, they're my favourite basic Pokemon.

Riansky

Purr
Years
I really didn't expect this to happen. Dewitty and Abnegation.
We can expect an awesome game here.

I love the graphics, tiles, pallets, everything. The only thing that bothers me are the trees. I know you said you're going for Gen V style. But I really think you could make some better trees, but oh well, that's only me. Keep it up!

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Very Nice Dew, the region Map is probably one of the most impressive innovations to a Pokémon related game, that I have ever seen.

The story is a nice read and I am already getting the vibe of where it is going to lead game play into a new form of game play, and I dig that a lot.

As Neo stated, your mapping skills are at a prime. Mapping with 90 degree angles and having it look natural is probably one of the hardest things to actually pull off with mapping.

As always your buildings are my favorite as far as your skills are concerned. I am quite pleased to see you working on a new project!

Beegu

Is Waldo
Years
Wow, this looks incredible. All the maps look really great. However, the door on the fourth screenshot looks really weird. Other than that, I really like it all! Will there be animations like entei for the other two legendary dogs? I really love that.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Given that Entei is our Mascot, I assume not, seeing as in he should be the only one on the title screen! Unless Dew has any further ideas. Much like Crystal & Suicune, Entei will be playing a lead role in this game.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Wow, looks fantastic! I love the how all the palettes mix together well. I also figured by the creator this would be worthwhile to check. Adding to my faves, I'm watching this!

I would love to know how that title animation was done xD

And by alternate-colored Pokémon, I'm expecting something crazy good (Like Orange Archipalego Butterfrees).

So what are your plans for music in this game if I may ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back