• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is the most hated Pokemon in your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2014
I honestly think it's Blissey. I don't know why she is so hated among everyone but she doesn't deserve it. I just watched some episodes where she appeared and she was lovely. Okay to be honest she is kind of scary to face in a battle but there are other Pokemon as well that are hard to beat, although she is a bit scarier for an unknown reason. Even I don't ever challenge people that I know that they have a Blissey in their team. I just prefer to stay out of trouble.

Anyway, competitive battlers hate this Pokemon so much. I mean, even Urban Dictionary calls Blissey names. Most common ones are 'pink fat blob' or 'pink fat *****' or 'pink ****' etc etc I have never ever seen something like this for another Pokemon.

And I am serious. Go ask ANY competitive battle trainer which Pokemon they hate the most. 89% will answer 'Blissey. The rest will either say Skarmory or Rotom or anything else they particularly hate.

But Blissey is always on the hot spot to be insulted and bullied :(

Last edited by a moderator:

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
Blissey's taking a backseat in Gen V competitive battling to her younger form, Chansey. Chansey just happens to be more useful with Eviolite, and Blissey isn't as much of a force as she used to be. And with the plethora of Fighting-types around, not to mention Psyshock, Blissey isn't even mentioned as much.

And Garbodor is probably one of the most hated as it is part of Gen V and a lot of people weren't ready to embrace its trashy design. Because literally, it's a pile of trash. Also, it's pretty useless in battle. As such, it's Unova's punching bag as everyone beats it.

garjora

Ambassador of the Cosmos
Years
Probably Arbok in my opinion since it's movesets aren't really reliable and it's base stats are pretty trashy.

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2014
Well it may be true but still Blissey is quite useable. I use it and it is very good. The only difference I have noticed is that people use Conkeldur more and they also use Psyshock. But why was Psyshock even invented? Is it really so difficult to understand?
The Pokemon makers realised that Blissey was kinda overpowered specially, so they invented a new special attack that hits defense. It was completely invented for Blissey. So just imagine how much complaints and hatred they were receiving about her. So they invented this move.

Anyway, even with this, Blissey can switch out. Not much of a problem.

Blissey can also take physical hits quite well, especially if you consider that it's completely out of its comfort zone and not at all its role. She can withstand a Megahorn from Rhyperior, Aqua Tail from Gyarados, Mach Punch from Infernape and Hitmonchan, Brick Break from Tyranitar, Outrage from Dnite etc as long as they are unboosted of course. She is so good.

EDIT: May I add that a max Def Bold Blissey can endure a max Att Adamant Rhyperior's STAB Rock Wrecker( as well as a max Att Adamant STAB Rampardos' Head Smash(though she could lose up to 96% HP). Well, Rampardos would faint after such an attack. He gets as recoil half the damage done and as his HP is about half of that of Blissey's he would die.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm guessing Stunfisk because of how derpy it looks. It's also not a Water Pokemon despite being a fish.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think the Vanillite line gets a lot of hate, since it's "just an ice cream cone." I found it clever and cute. Though I think Trubbish/Garbodor beats it by a hair because "it's trash." Honestly, Muk is worse in appearance. Trash has substance. Purple goo does not. But yeah, most complaints stem from those two.

Honorable mentions:

Luvdisc, Finneon/Lumineon, Stunfisk, Pikachu (ironically one of the most loved) and Sunkern.

How come you are all forgetting Hoppip! This pokemon is just outrageously a piece of garbage.

GET OUT NOW. >:(

Saucy Fish Boi

Music is my girlfriend
Years
Magikarp, Pikachu and Bibarel. Which makes me really sad. D: I <3 Magikarp. And Pikachu and Bibarel are cool as well.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Hey, I don't hate Garbodor, I got a big nugget by catching it. I don't specifically hate any Pokémon, they all have their uses *cough*HM Slave/Decoy*cough*. I usually hate Ghost Pokémon, since they can't be Giga Impacted and very annoying moves.

Years
Garbodor and Basculin for me.

Garbodor for its appearance and stupid movepool (it only gets one physical STAB move, unfortunately it has terrible accuracy).

Basculin for its gnarly face and the fact they hit really hard and pop up in nearly almost every body of water in Unova.

Also worth mentioning...

Zubat/Golbat - A total cave menace.

Tentacool/Tentacruel - Same as above, except in the ocean.

Unown - Only learns Hidden Power. 'Nuff said.

Also, anything with Sturdy or a selfdestructing move.

BASCULIN!, gosh I hate those things. Also garbodor, and zubats while exploring a cave xD

Totally agreed. They hit so hard...

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 30, 2016
Luvdisk. Its small. ugly and has really rubbish stats. For some reason GameFreak never chose to make its evolution Alomomola...

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Zubat, Geodude, Bidoof, Starly, Budew, Ratata, Golbat, Tentacruel, Tentacool. All the reoccuring nasties that make our pokemon journey lives hell.

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2014
Yeah, guys. But I don't refer to pity and hatred towards a Pokemon just because it is useless.

I refer to hatred towards a Pokemon because it's annoying to battle against. Blissey is considered very difficult to bring down without a strong physical sweeper so she is called 'pink *****' because everyone hates her for being so bulky and making their life difficult and also forcing everyone in GenV to use Psyshock on their Special Sweepers.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Yeah, guys. But I don't refer to pity and hatred towards a Pokemon just because it is useless.

I refer to hatred towards a Pokemon because it's annoying to battle against. Blissey is considered very difficult to bring down without a strong physical sweeper so she is called 'pink *****' because everyone hates her for being so bulky and making their life difficult and also forcing everyone in GenV to use Psyshock on their Special Sweepers.

Well there are more than just Blissey we consider to be annoying haha. I think the ones I listed are the ones which are really annoying to defeat, although easy, they drive us insanse because of their insane abundance. What I also really dislike is Clefairy on Pokemon Battle Revolution, in the master league or something along those lines. It's defense really iritated me especially when it redirected my attacks to itself to save it's partner pokemon!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I suppose it depends on what group of people you talk to. Older casual gamers will tend to go to th likes of Zubat and Tentacool, ones they have seen many times already and arguably too many, hence the hate. New Pokemon gamers will ask what's a Zubat and say Roggenrola is terrible (common evo and Sturdy), and competitve battlers will tend to hate on the ones like, as you said, VBlissey that are annoying to KO.

Unless they use them, then they don't hate them as much funnily enough. =p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back