• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most common Pokemon in Gyms

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
In Generation 1, the most popular Pokemon used in Gyms were the following: Dragonite, Vaporeon, Exeggutor, Gyarados, Lapras, and Snorlax. These Pokemon were hard to beat and you needed the right Pokemon with the right counter move in order to defeat them.

Now that Generation 2 is out, we are now seeing new Pokemon in gyms and people are wondering which Pokemon are the strongest offenders and the strongest defenders. So far, in my area, Blissey and Espeon are the hardest to beat.

In your area, what are the most common Pokemon (in Gen 2 especially) you see in gyms nearby? Do you have Pokemon to counter them?

Years
  • Age 50
  • Seen Jul 23, 2017
gen 2 hasn't really taken off in my area.

people are still using the gen 1 powerhouses... snorlax, exeggcutor, rhydon, gyrados, occasinal dragonites, and tons of vaporeons.

blissey is really the only gen 2 i've seen in a gym.

so far, i'm not overly impressed with anything in gen 2. i've got 75 so far and none of them really stand out as being better to use than the realiable gen 1 stuff.

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Sep 1, 2017
Theres nothing really change in the Gym, with the exception of Blissey. Its a harder Snorlax, where you need a very hard hitter Monster with almost similar CP with Blissey.
Tyranitar even softer than Dragonite, seeing we have lot of alternative for water pokemon .

And 1800 CP Fighting Polywrath just crush 3000CP Tyranitar, like sponge cake.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
The eeveelutions, dragonite, blissey, and for some reason, donaphan are super popular around here. I don't even know where to get a phanphy :p

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
Years
Dragonite still sits at the top of most Gyms.

Several are now including Tyranitar.

Top half in high-level Gyms will almost always have Snorlax, Gyarados, and Rhydon taking up space beneath Dragonite/Tyranitar.

Fewer Blissey appear in mid-level Gyms around levels 5-7, but smart teams will populate the remaining spaces leading to level 10 with Blissey.

Vaporeon is still a common sight, with a few Espeon now joining the group.

No surprise, as these are some of the highest CP Pokémon available, all of which can break CP3000 when maxed.

Back